All Things Freedom of the Seas!

I was in search of Cruise Compass info for our upcoming Feb. cruise. Did a Google search and found this album. It had a ton of pictures from this person's cruise and also a full set of Cruise Compass from August 2, 2009. Western itinerary.

http://public.fotki.com/Radio88/freedom-of-the-seas/cruise-compass/

Good luck folks!

Great find, jsblbruce! I didn't realize Radio had posted his Compasses, I didn't see them the last time I was on his site. His "Live from Freedom" thread was awesome, he had great photos, made me look forward to my cruise all the more! Marley and Indy, if you want more recent Compasses than the ones I sent you, they're at this link!

Just booked Freedom for 4 of us, wife and 2 kids. We got 9396 and 9401 which is a balcony connected to an inside. The balcony is the last one all the way aft. Doe anyone know if balcony is same size/shape as others on that deck? From picture of ship it looks like it may have a fuuny shape but I can't tell. Thanks.

Just booked Freedom for 4 of us, wife and 2 kids. We got 9396 and 9401 which is a balcony connected to an inside. The balcony is the last one all the way aft. Doe anyone know if balcony is same size/shape as others on that deck? From picture of ship it looks like it may have a fuuny shape but I can't tell. Thanks.

We had 9392 and your balcony is just like ours. It just looks funny in the diagram. When we would look to the cabins aft of us, they all had the same layout as ours. It is a good sized balcony, but you may loose your couch to just a chair because of the adjoining door.

Enjoy!!!!

Grand Cayman is tendered so it doesn't matter much. Labadee is also tendered but the starboard side has the view of the island. Cozumel the starboard side is dock side but there are usually other ships there, so your land view may be obstructed. Again, Oco Rios is starboard is land side. (These have been my experiences, you never know if a captain will choose to dock from the other side). Hope this helps.

Any suggestions as to which side of the ship is better for the western itinerary of FOS (visiting Labadee, Ocho Rios Jamaica, Georgetown Grand Cayman and Cozumel Mexico).:confused:

All input is greatly appreciated. :)

Labadee was/is a tender port (a pier is being built). As a tender port, you will see the island from either side, just a different part of the island.

3le-IMG_3090.jpg

The ships consistently dock with the starboard side facing the island in Ocho Rios. The port side faces out to sea.

Dock.jpg

Grand Cayman is another tender port. You will see Georgetown best from the starboard side. The port side looks out toward Seven Mile Beach.

IMGP0855.jpg

In Cozumel the ship could dock with either side next to the pier. However, in all the pictures I have seen (and my own experience) the ships head into the pier, thus the port side faces the island and the starboard side faces the sea.

css-FreeRhapinCoz.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2

Labadee was/is a tender port (a pier is being built). As a tender port, you will see the island from either side, just a different part of the island.

3le-IMG_3090.jpg

The ships consistently dock with the starboard side facing the island in Ocho Rios. The port side faces out to sea.

Dock.jpg

Grand Cayman is another tender port. You will see Georgetown best from the starboard side. The port side looks out toward Seven Mile Beach.

IMGP0855.jpg

In Cozumel the ship could dock with either side next to the pier. However, in all the pictures I have seen (and my own experience) the ships head into the pier, thus the port side faces the island and the starboard side faces the sea.

css-FreeRhapinCoz.jpg

Thanks sooooo much for the pictures, they are GREAT!!!!!

The info is great too.....I really appreciate it.:)

Grand Cayman is tendered so it doesn't matter much. Labadee is also tendered but the starboard side has the view of the island. Cozumel the starboard side is dock side but there are usually other ships there, so your land view may be obstructed. Again, Oco Rios is starboard is land side. (These have been my experiences, you never know if a captain will choose to dock from the other side). Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for the info....I think starboard it will be.

We are setting sail on FOS 9/27/09 for the Western Caribbean. I have copies of the Cruise Compass for August but does anyone have the menus? The only menus I have been able to find online are from 2006 and I'm pretty sure they have changed since then. My email is avonbytrish@yahoo.com

Thank you!!!

Go back from here one page or so and you will see the link to Radio's Live from the Freedom thread. He has the western compasses and the menus there.

Thanks to all for the wealth of information...

We are sailing on 10/4, Eastern. Can somebody please mail me the Cruise Compass and any menu's? Also, tell me about any beer specials. Last time I think there was a buy 4 get a 5th free beer bucket special. Corona is my preference when in the islands....

Thanks!

lbarden a t yahoo d o t com