All Things Freedom of the Seas!

We are sailing 9/27 and I would really appreciate if someone could send me a copy of the Compass and menus for the Western Caribbean cruise. This is our first week long cruise and is in celebration of my son's 21st birthday. We would like to go to Chops one evening and the Compass and menus would help in planning our itinerary. You can send it to avonbytrish@yahoo.com

Thanks a bunch!

We are sailing next week and would love a copy of the Compass and menus for the Western Caribbean. arentzfamily@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.......

We have 2 prominade cabins any noise or light issues? I have clips packed.

Also any tips on how to get ice show tickets? It seems to be hard to do and for the show you want to see.

I have been spending too much time on these boards, they are a wealth of information, I wish I came across them before I booked. RC should have more helpful info on their site or at least link to one such as this.

Just a thought.....Thanks Again

We are sailing next week and would love a copy of the Compass and menus for the Western Caribbean. arentzfamily@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.......

We have 2 prominade cabins any noise or light issues? I have clips packed.

Also any tips on how to get ice show tickets? It seems to be hard to do and for the show you want to see.

I have been spending too much time on these boards, they are a wealth of information, I wish I came across them before I booked. RC should have more helpful info on their site or at least link to one such as this.

Just a thought.....Thanks Again

You don't need tickets to the ice show any more. You just stand in line at the ice rink. The doors open half an hour before show time.

You also don't have to have your life vests for the muster drill any more. If you want a day by day review and pictures of the western sailing, go to Radio's review on his cruise on Aug. 2nd cruise (I think it was). If you go back to this site for that week, you will probably find a link.

Cheryl

What does the FOS do for a sail away party? Do they have anything or does everyone just stand by the railing waving goodbye to the poor soles on land? Is there a band, sail away drinks, etc? Where is the best place to be for the sail away? We have been spoiled with three DCL sail away parties and they are fun. (Live band, drinks (however, not free) dance party on top deck, just an all out good time.

There were 4 on the Eastern when we went last week. It took place when we were at sea. It is fabulous!

Cheryl

How early do you have to wait in line to get in? I like it better when they had tickets because I wouldn't think you would have to waste your time waiting in line.

How early do you have to wait in line to get in? I like it better when they had tickets because I wouldn't think you would have to waste your time waiting in line.

We got in line about 20 minutes before the show and waited in line about 5 minutes. There were seats available although you did have to search for them and a large party couldn't sit together, but you could see from everywhere.

As to sail away, there was a band and drinks (not free). We were lucky that they had the space shuttle out when we were at sailaway, but mostly people just stood at the rail and waved to the poor souls gathered in all the waterside restaurants.

She's a beautiful ship! Enjoy!

Cheryl

Went to the matinee 5pm show (last 1 on the itin) & it was half empty.

Hi All,

We were on the same sailing as Cheryl (counsdr), she was in our roll call group. We missed seeing the first showing of the ice show because there no more seats so we were sure to get in line early so we didn't miss the 2nd showing (actually the 3rd but the 2nd was during our evening meal). We got in line 30 minutes before the doors opened and were about 6 people back from the doors. We were able to get front row seats and the show was awesome! I personally thought it was more efficient to pass out the tickets so people didn't have to wait in lines like this when their time on the cruise is so valuable. Seemed like a terrible waste of time. Others at our dinner table agreed. We had previously sailed on Voyager and Mariner and had used the ticket method on those ships, which we preferred.

We LOVED this ship. Allan, our cruise director was hysterical. We came back from this cruise totally relaxed and spoiled rotten! Wish were back on it now............

Hi All,

We missed seeing the first showing of the ice show because there no more seats so we were sure to get in line early so we didn't miss the 2nd showing (actually the 3rd but the 2nd was during our evening meal).

MJN - on the 8/23 itin, how many ice shows were there?

3 or 4?

Thanks.