All Things Freedom of the Seas!

were new to cruising and were nervous about our 1120 flight from MCO do you think we would have enough time to leave the ship return our rental and catch our flight or will it be a long shot? thank you in advance!! :)

were new to cruising and were nervous about our 1120 flight from MCO do you think we would have enough time to leave the ship return our rental and catch our flight or will it be a long shot? thank you in advance!! :)

I'd avoid a rental car and use a shuttle service to save time. I'd also either self-disembark or get the earliest tags.

For the 17 year old son and friend perspective. We are bringing 2 teenage boys, our 14 and almost 16 year old son. They don't want to do the Meet and Greet but we are being mean and forcing them to!:rolleyes:

All I have heard is positive feedback on this.

Made it through the thread (well at least 2012-on...). Question for ya'll. If you were to do a night in a specialty restaurant, which of the new menu nights would you skip? I'm thinking the ****ake night...but I'm also not sure which night that would be. What do you think?

Made it through the thread (well at least 2012-on...). Question for ya'll. If you were to do a night in a specialty restaurant, which of the new menu nights would you skip? I'm thinking the ****ake night...but I'm also not sure which night that would be. What do you think?

Just our personal preference. DH doesn't like dressing up for even ONE formal night, so we always pick one of the formal nights to go to the specialty restaurant then he doesn't have to dress up any more than he has to :D

I would say any night BUT formal night since there is usually an better menu on the formal nights. But like the previous poster said, you will have to dress up.

Last week, we had 8am departure, rented car from Budget and we were at our gate at about 11:30. So, I'd say it can be done if you get off the ship right away, but you'd be pushing it.

Show off! :D
Haha Richard, now now don't be jealous. Actually, wait a second you are in a Suite too for your May 5th FOS so what are you talking about mister? You can access that area too. But looking at the photos, I doubt I will. To me it's sort of a horrible area for the suite guests, I'm very disappointed. I would rather sit on deck 12 near the Sky Bar where I usually sit. Have a great cruise!

Haha Richard, now now don't be jealous. Actually, wait a second you are in a Suite too for your May 5th FOS so what are you talking about mister? You can access that area too. But looking at the photos, I doubt I will. To me it's sort of a horrible area for the suite guests, I'm very disappointed. I would rather sit on deck 12 near the Sky Bar where I usually sit. Have a great cruise!

I agree with you. If it's the area I'm thinking of it's hot, no shade, lots of wind and BORING.

It's right above the Sky Bar..... not too far at all!! Lol

• 2 weeks later...
Heading out on FOS in September on a Western Itinerary.

Anyone have any menus for MDR?

How about which nights are formal nights?

Thanks in Advance for the info!! :)

~Steph

I found this link on another thread a while ago. Scroll down to the Main Dining Room Menu, second last on the page...

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/news-topic/3/dining/4/press-materials/

I have been looking at Royal ships as it is next up on our list of cruise lines to try (we have cruised Disney & Carnival and will sail NCL this summer). My son wants the Allure, husband likes Oasis class too but my heart is just drawn to Freedom. I just love the look, feel and size of this ship. Plus, I love sailing from Port Canaveral. I really think I must book it for our next cruise. I think I can get the boys as excited about this ship as they would be by the Allure...I think. Hopefully I can post on here one day that I am sailing the FOS!

Kim,

We have been on Allure and will be on Freedom in September I will come back and let you know what I think about Freedom. Allure was fabulous , loved it, but quite big!! I'll let you know. :)

~Steph

Thanks! I would be happy with either really but Freedom is always the one that appeals to me. Someday I want to sail an Oasis class ship too and my guys are really sold on Allure so who knows which ship will be our first RCCL experience? :)