All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Has anyone had a foreword D3 cabin on deck six? We booked one for August before I knew about this community, and want to make sure we won't have too much sound from the night club coming in. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was in 6218 and never noticed any sound from Pharaoh's Palace.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be sailing on FOS for the first time in September and doing Eastern itinerary.

1. Can you prebook shows and if so, can you do this prior to boarding.

2. Does anyone have a copies of recent menus?

3. Does anyone have copies of the recent 'compasses' think that is what I have seen them called.

4. I read that Cococay we can not prebook a cabana but have to wait list for one just as soon as we board. Is this true?

Appreciate all of your help and looking forward to our first experience on FOS!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it has already been mentioned, but the only show that I know that can be pre-booked is the Ice show, which is a MUST to see.:)

As for the other shows, I would say get there at least 15 minutes before, especially if you would want a good seat. If you want to see the parade on Saturday night, and take close pictures, get there early too.

Does the Freedom have as many shows as the Oasis? Since you can only book the ice show is it hard to get in the other shows?

Thank you

There is a show every night. Since there are far fewer guests on Freedom compared to Oasis, two shows per night is usually enough for all who want to see the shows.

Since we don't arrive at St. Thomas until noon, does anyone have a suggestion how to get to St. John by catamaran? Trying to make the most of our time;)

Look for a ship excursion called something like Shopping in St. John, or St. John on your own. You just use the excursion for transportation to St. John. It's quicker than doing it on your own because you are picked up and dropped back at the ship, i.e., no taking a taxi to a ferry.

Since we don't arrive at St. Thomas until noon, does anyone have a suggestion how to get to St. John by catamaran? Trying to make the most of our time;)

There is a catamaran excursion to St. John's offered through the cruise line. This is a 4 1/2 hour half-day sail to St. John with time to snorkel or swim at Honeymoon Bay. Since this excursion is offered through the cruise line, it would accommodate the ships noon arrival time. This excursion is called "St. John Half Day Champagne Cat Sail Beach & Snorkel."

This will be my first time sailing on a Freedom class ship. I've been flipping through this thread and taking in everything about this ship.

Does the Promenade Cafe not serve pizza on Freedom class because there's a Sorrento's? Does Sorrento's serve anything besides pizza and is it open late?

This will be my first time sailing on a Freedom class ship. I've been flipping through this thread and taking in everything about this ship.

Does the Promenade Cafe not serve pizza on Freedom class because there's a Sorrento's? Does Sorrento's serve anything besides pizza and is it open late?

Pizza, paninis, Antipasto, and salads, bread and a few desserts.

Open til 3 am I think

Have any of you stayed in owner's suite 1340 or 1348? They look like pretty good choices on the hump. I'm thinking of one of those for our 25th anniversary cruise next year. Also, has anyone done a vow renewal ceremony on board?

I will add that it pays to book ahead. I made my reservation in July of 06 , and the same D1 is now $500 per person more than it was then. Heading into the final countdown after 500 day wait.

Post #9 on this thread! Now I'm coming back to Freedom after 7 years. I have some reading to catch up on, I know some of the changes that have happened since I was on Freedom.

Bumping this up. What a great picture!

If I remember correctly there was some controversy, some claiming this was stock a RCCL promotional picture. No accusations on my part, I just remember that discussion a long time ago.

Ok, my first real question since coming back to this thread after 7 years.

What are the locations of the Freestyle Machines. On Allure there were two near Sorrentos and I think 4 in the Windjammer and one at the Wipeout Café. I'm starting to reacquaint myself with the Freedom class layout again.

• 3 weeks later...