Jergens

acc82

So I'm sure this has been posted before, and I've read most of the "sunless tans" thread. Here's the deal, i'm trying the jergens express moisturizer today. I'm hoping i like it and will have good results, i'm wondering if anyone else out there has tried it and has had good results.

I don't want to do the fake bake and mystic. I've been hand sprayed before by a lady at a spa and I didn't like it. It got blotchy too fast and washed off too fast. I don't really like the sunless tanners either. I used the neutrogena sunless foam back a few years ago when it was new and i would sweat it off hours after application. i'm sure things have come a long way now but i want something easy, quick, and effective. I don't need to be paris hilton dark, just not pasty and i don't want to go to tanning beds. :-) just want to look nice until i can get by the pool again. So, lemee know. :-) thanks!

I've used the Jergens and have liked it, it doesn't get you savage dark, just a bit of color. I like it b'c it's not so obvious, you aren't all of a sudden totally dark, it's more gradual.

The key is to exfoliate every day head to toe for about a week before you use it. If you want to keep it up I'd say reuse everyother day or so. It will stain your clothes so you have to stand around NEKKID :eek: while it dries/sinks in. Then I put on a junky t shirt and will put a folded sheet down on my side of the bed so I don't ruin my sheets. I don't mind the smell but hub is not crazy about it. In the morning I have a nice glow that will last close to a week.

If I had tons of $$ I'd do mystic once a week but I don't so I don't!

The Jergens medium is what I use on legs, arms & face when I want some glow , kinda golden for my really white skin. It is not brown.

I shower, dry off & use plastic gloves to apply & apply like I would any lotion. I use a sponge for the face. Do my hair & makeup then get dressed & all is dry & no stainning. When you dry off after a shower I have found that some can come off on your towel so use an older one or a darker one.

I use once a day to start for 2-3 days & then every 2nd or 3rd day after that.

el tigre

The only downside is the fragrance--I don't care for it, but the product does do a wonderful job! Here's a hint--after you put it on, make sure you do the tops of your hands! Don't wash them under water--use a "wet-wipe" to clean your palms and between your fingers and around your nails (those areas will get too dark if you don't clean it!) By doing this, you won't have white hands on your nice dark arms!!!!! Let it all dry for a few minutes, and you're good to go!

Do the jergens natural glow and the Jergens Express glow give the same color? Is the "express" just quicker? Thanks!!!!

And BTW... great tip on using the wet wipes on your hands so that you don't have to try running them under water.

I've used the Jergens and have liked it, it doesn't get you savage dark, just a bit of color. I like it b'c it's not so obvious, you aren't all of a sudden totally dark, it's more gradual.

The key is to exfoliate every day head to toe for about a week before you use it. If you want to keep it up I'd say reuse everyother day or so. It will stain your clothes so you have to stand around NEKKID :eek: while it dries/sinks in. Then I put on a junky t shirt and will put a folded sheet down on my side of the bed so I don't ruin my sheets. I don't mind the smell but hub is not crazy about it. In the morning I have a nice glow that will last close to a week.

If I had tons of $$ I'd do mystic once a week but I don't so I don't!

yeah, i agree, the smell is less than pleasant, but, that's what you get with all the fakes! :-) even mystic. so, i'll deal. i can already see minor difference. i was so worried about streaking. maybe it will be just what i need until i can get some base tan ( don't want to burn on the ship - i've done that before!)

I like to think of Jergen's as giving you a glow. It works fairly well.

In another thread, I mentioned that I have tried Mystic and really like it a lot. It is a nice, real color. It's very consistent and couldn't be easier. It sure beats trying to find someone to put lotion and sprays on your back.

I would recommend the Neutregena fine mist. It won't "sweat off" but it will take about 4 days for full color, and the bottle isn't all that big. I get a pedicure after using it where they use the loofah style gloves and well...white legs after that, lol! That was quite abrasive though, much more than sand or salt water would be.

Archived