Transportation from LAX to the port in LA

Wildcatter

Depends on how many of you there are.;) It is $17 pp for Supershuttle; I have used them several times, and they are fine BUT be prepared to circle LAX at least 3 times while they search for other passengers. If you are in a hurry, you may want to reserve a town car or take a cab. You may, or may not, be the last to be dropped off, too.

It is ~$60 for a cab to San Pedro, in light traffic. It's a little more to reserve a private car. I have done all 3, and I always take Supershuttle when I am by myself.

My opinion is *take a cab*. Shuttles can make stops, and take time. You are probably looking at a $50 cab ride vs a $40 (for two) shuttle that makes stops... Take it easy and splurge :-)

I *would* recommend coming in a day early. Current 4* Priceline hotels at LAX (normally you get the Westin) cost $50 - with free shuttle.

Or better yet, come in a day early, and stay in a Priceline 4* downtown (again Westin Bonaventure is what normally goes off) at $55. Great hotel, great views, walking distance to some nice restaurants....

Check out http://www.biddingfortravel.com for current Priceline rates - but the ones I gave you should be pretty accurate... And its a relaxing way to start the trip, with no chances of missing a cruise due to airline hick-ups...

Depends on how many of you there are.;) It is $17 pp for Supershuttle; I have used them several times, and they are fine BUT be prepared to circle LAX at least 3 times while they search for other passengers. If you are in a hurry, you may want to reserve a town car or take a cab. You may, or may not, be the last to be dropped off, too.

It is ~$60 for a cab to San Pedro, in light traffic. It's a little more to reserve a private car. I have done all 3, and I always take Supershuttle when I am by myself.

Which Towncar service have you used? I have been looking, but there are so many and not sure who is reliable.

Thanks!

Debbi

I would recommend a private car or shuttle where you pay a fixed cost. The traffic in LA is so unpredicatble, I would hate you to sit in a metered taxi in a traffic jam, with the meter running. I'm not experienced with LA taxis: do they turn it off in a traffic jam? I would think not, but who does know?

Which Towncar service have you used? I have been looking, but there are so many and not sure who is reliable.

Thanks!

Debbi

We were recommended Sky Limo.;) We had a nice car as opposed to a limo, and a driver in a suit.

We were recommended Sky Limo.;) We had a nice car as opposed to a limo, and a driver in a suit.

Thank you. I will look them up. Not really interested in PrimeShuttle, don't want to continiously circle LAX!

Thanks!!!

Debbi

Thank you. I will look them up. Not really interested in PrimeShuttle, don't want to continiously circle LAX!

Thanks!!!

Debbi

I just looked up Prime Time Shuttle. They offer a private service for those not wanting to do laps around the airport. In my case of 4 people, it costs $64 for shared, $72 for private service. They also have an exclusive service for more but I don't know what that entails, perhaps drinks and a butler?

Archived