SnorkelMoose

Who loves towel animals?  

320 members have voted

1. 1. Who loves towel animals?

• I love them!
    • They scare me!
    • I couldn't care less!
    • What the heck is a towel animal?!

I voted "I love them!" I'm a kid at heart....it always puts a smile on my face to see them and I take pics of them all. :) Got my first monkey on this past cruise. :D

If you don't want them, why not just ask the steward not to do them?

We have been on 6 Princess Cruises and never once have we had a towel animal.. The shortest cruise being 7 days and the longest being 10. So I guess you could say I'm still waiting for a cruise that we have one! lol But then again two of our cruises we use two different TA. One sent us a bottle of wine to our room that we didn't get. The other sent us choc covered strawberries that we didn't get. :D

Cheryl

** Idea ** - what if that were an option on the Cruise Personalizer ....... that way those that enjoy them (like me) and those that don't could select if they prefer to have them in their cabin each night :) :) - would work perfect for both group ~ lovers & haters :)

Quite honestly, I don't think that the preferences information that is included in the personalizer ever makes it to the ship.

Quite honestly, I don't think that the preferences information that is included in the personalizer ever makes it to the ship.

You could always double up and put the towel animal request on with the egg crate when it is faxed. ;)

Or actually ask "Stewart".

We never thought we'd see one since the only cruises we've taken were on Princess (4 in the last 5 years and 1 next month!) - and I had heard they don't do them.

But 2 years ago on a cruise we had one everyday - and what made it fun was when the first one showed up I put a note on a cocktail napkin saying how neat it was and left it for the steward (we never saw him - things just appeared when needed). The next day we had a new animal and a note added to mine. This went on the whole cruise.

On the last day I wanted to give our steward an extra tip - but didn't even know what he looked like. I went out in the hall looking and held the (by now very busy) cocktail napkin in my hand. One of the guys spotted it, started laughing and I knew I had my guy :-)

I really could care less about towel animals - but that whole experience made these (late 50s) kids smile :-)

• 2 months later...
Not embarrassing; just an invasion of privacy. They had no right to go through my things in closed drawers. I've had this happen on a couple of different RCI cruises and believe me, it went on my comment card.

How do you feel about your name on the outside of your cabin door?

That's an invasion of privacy to me.

I personally think they are adorable and fun

On my brother's first cruise with me and my boys .His steward dressed up a towel person My brother roared with laughter

I think its real cute when you come home at night

Also a treat for little kids

Keep them coming !!!

Archived