June Temp In St. Petersburg

05mak05

Weather.com does not have the average temperatures for St. Petersburg. We've booked the June 2009 RCI cruise and are wondering if we should switch to August. I've googled "temperatures in St. Petersburg" but can't find the information that I need. And, if any of you have taken this cruise in June, I'd appreciate hearing about all of the ports in addition to Russia. Thanks much. Mary

Murphy's Law: The minute I posted, I found multiple sites with the mean temperature. It's 66 for June and 66 for August. June is so much cheaper than July or August so I'm wondering why ... does anyone have an opinion?

June is so much cheaper than July or August so I'm wondering why ... does anyone have an opinion?

In June, many are not out of school, yet. August is traditionally in Europe as THE month for vacation. Hence, you'll get a little better pricing in June. It's still busy there during that overall time period and prices in Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen are still ultra high. That's why cruising in this area area can be time efficient, easier and fairly affordable compared to ground prices there for lodging and dining, etc. For clothing, it's layering, being prepared and flexible.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

When I was there the first week of June in 2007 it was 85 and sunny, the Russians were swimming in the Neva river. All I'm saying is the weather is the luck of the draw and really can't be predicted. From reading cruisecritic I found the cruise after ours the weather wasn't nice at all and all you can do is hope for good weather. I've been there twice and the first time was in September and we also had good weather, fortunate I guess. Ken...

Archived