Cat 12 Disney or Balcony Princess?

kimstoess

I am trying to figure out which cruise to go on. I have been on both but it has been a long time since I was on Disney. I now have a 6 month old and she really loves disney music, movies... I know she wont remember anything about the cruise but I don't know if she would enjoy seeing the shows, music, or characters.. I can get the Cat 12 on disney for the same price of a balcony room on Princess. What do you think? It would be me and my husband and our daughter.

Thanks!

I also wanted to add that I have never been in a inside room before.. I never used the balcony that much on the other cruises so I don't know if I will really miss it. What is your experience with an inside room?

Thanks!

My wife would kill me if she knew I was recommending against Disney, but here goes. Because your daughter is so young, I think you would enjoy the balcony on Princess much more. If she is like most 6 month olds, she is going to sleep alot, and you can enjoy the balcony of your stateroom while she is sleeping inside. I just think having the balcony gives you more flexibility with the baby.

My wife would kill me if she knew I was recommending against Disney, but here goes. Because your daughter is so young, I think you would enjoy the balcony on Princess much more. If she is like most 6 month olds, she is going to sleep alot, and you can enjoy the balcony of your stateroom while she is sleeping inside. I just think having the balcony gives you more flexibility with the baby.

I agree

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly off topic, but the first time we went to Disney Theme Parks my son was only 6 months old. he had a fantastic time, loved being cuddled by the characters and he came back a different baby, much more alert and interested in things around him.

I would definately do the Disney cruise. Debz xx

I am not so sure-those Princes balconies are pretty small-the Disney inside would actually be larger and all the stuff you need to bring with you for a baby needs to go somewhere.

I just got off a cruise with our 6 month old. I STRONGLY urge you to get a balcony. We used it a lot b/c we were stuck in the room while she was napping. When she went to bed for the night (around 8pm) my husband and I were able to sit out on the balcony and talk etc. I can't imagine tip toeing around an inside cabin with her asleep.

Well, I actully decided to go on the disney cruise. I have been on 12 cruises in my life and I have never been in an inside room so I figure I will give it a shot. I also think my little girl will love it. She wont remember the cruise but she will have a blast while she is there. I also like the fact that their is a nursery on board I can take her to so me and the hubby can have a little time alone. Also, my husband might only be 24 years old but he sleeps like a teen so he can nap with the little one :0).

Thanks for all of your advise.

Kim,

I went with a 9 month old last year, and we had an inside cabin (and have booked inside again for this one). Your baby will be sleeping in a Pack&Play, so if you want to be able to actually have the lights on in the room while she sleeps be sure to bring a large blanket to drape over the top of the P&P.

Otherwise you might end up in a situation like ours last year: we had to keep every light completely off (including the tv off) while DS slept or he would wake up, and in an inside cabin it is PITCH BLACK with the lights off. We ended up spending our evenings in bed watching movies we'd loaded

onto DH's iPod before the trip. :o Hopefully DS sleeps better this year and will be so darn tired out from running around all day we'll actually be able to leave a light on this time... :rolleyes:

DISNEY!

1.) By booking a cat 12 you have a VERY good chance of being upgraded to at least an oceanview cat 9.

2.) Flounders nusery is AWESOME for those 3 and under and you can take your daughter there while you and your husband enjoy a nice adult dinner at Palo one night :D.

3.) Great photo op's of your little one with the vast assortment of characters.

4.) Castaway Cay...what more needs to be said about how awesome it is????

5.) Great family shows on board Disney. Your daughter would surely notice the great Disney music in the shows.

6.) Very little smoking on board the Wonder and Magic to keep those little lungs safe.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm a little late adding this but my husband and I have been on the Wonder in an inside cabin and a porthole room and then did a Princess Carribbean 7 night cruise and he said he would rather have the inside room on Disney then any cabin on Princess. The service just wasn't the same.

Mindi

DISNEY!

1.) By booking a cat 12 you have a VERY good chance of being upgraded to at least an oceanview cat 9.

2.) Flounders nusery is AWESOME for those 3 and under and you can take your daughter there while you and your husband enjoy a nice adult dinner at Palo one night :D.

3.) Great photo op's of your little one with the vast assortment of characters.

4.) Castaway Cay...what more needs to be said about how awesome it is????

5.) Great family shows on board Disney. Your daughter would surely notice the great Disney music in the shows.

6.) Very little smoking on board the Wonder and Magic to keep those little lungs safe.

I am just wondering what you are basing that statement about the chances being very good? That is not what I have gathered. If there was any chance of it, I would be so on booking a CAT 12!

No, really, I am wanting to believe this, but find it hard. Maybe going from a CAT 12 to a 10, but to a 9 or better? Why would anyone bother to book the 9 and lower? Like claustrophobic me!:D

Muushka- Maybe families of 4 have a better chance of getting such a good upgrade? There are very few cat 12 staterooms so I was pretty sure we wouldn't get stuck with one, and we didn't. We (party of 3) got upgraded to a cat 11 on deck 6, which worked great. Looking at the deck plans it looks like there are really tons of cat 11 and similar inside rooms, so I'm betting most of the cat 12 people land in them. If cat 12 people are landing in outside cabins, who's sleeping in the hundreds of inside cabins? Do they sell 50%+ of the ship at cat 12 prices sometimes?

Yes, that is true about upgrading the 12's to 10's for parties of 4, but to the CAT 9 or better just didn't seem like they would do that all that often. We would love to book a 12 in hopes of getting a 5 or 6, but we would be the ones stuck in the 12!

By the way MC-AZ, it has been fun chatting with you between the 2 threads!

Archived