Towels for excusions

charliesdad

First cruise so this is one of a string of dumb questions I'm afraid. Towels - I assume you can use the towels from your room at the swimming pool (or others may be provided at the pool); what about excursions - are you able to take ship towels onshore for beach visits etc, or should we bring our own for this? Thanks.

Normally they put beach towels in your room and you need to return them to your room so your cabin steward can take the dirty and get you clean. If you need more you can normally get them up by the pool.

Marilee

And it makes it very easy to spot others from your ship at the beach. Just look for the blue striped towels. ;)

When you bring them back to the ship wet, just leave them in your bathroom and the room steward will replace them when he makes up the room with new ones for your next adventure off the ship.

Thats a good idea about asking for extra. I too sometimes use them to wrap around after a shower. Just make sure you keep them accounted for as you will be charged for them.

I don't understand how other lines keep track of their towels if they keep them by the pool. We sailed on RCCL and X and just picked them up and dropped them off by the pool. What's to stop people from keeping them? Perhaps it's built into the cruise price?

on all the Princess ships I have been on there is a drop off place for nasty sandy towels by check in on deck 4. if i miss that i leave them outside the cabin door. I od not need to drag in more sand.

i get three for beach days. always need an extra for the hot tub at 5 pm.

You can take the towels in your stateroom - just be sure to keep track of them - Princess will charge you if they are lost.

I don't understand how Princess can keep track of the towels. We have taken them from our room & dumped them in the dirty towel bin when leaving the pool. Now, I'm not saying people should pack them & take home, but really I would dispute any towel charge.

Jan

First time on Princess here...

What you're saying is that there are beach towels in each stateroom. So I just want to see if I'm understanding what I've read here as well. Are there towels by the pool for use at the pool?

Also...do they not have towels available as you disembark at the ports or Princess Cays?

We have only sailed on HAL, and they always have plenty of towels available at the pools and also right as you are getting off the ship in ports.

Thanks!!

First time on Princess here...

What you're saying is that there are beach towels in each stateroom. So I just want to see if I'm understanding what I've read here as well. Are there towels by the pool for use at the pool?

Also...do they not have towels available as you disembark at the ports or Princess Cays?

We have only sailed on HAL, and they always have plenty of towels available at the pools and also right as you are getting off the ship in ports.

Thanks!!

There are beach towels in your cabin & your steward will take your used ones & replenish them with fresh ones. Also, there are towels by the pools and bins to put your used towels in. This is why I wonder how they (Princess) keeps track of used towels. :rolleyes:

No towels for taking off the ship, you take the ones from your cabin...BUT there is usually a bin for wet towels as you enter the ship (??) once again...how do they keep track?

Jan

Archived