When to book for bes price

teripp

Ok, here is the deal. Years ago I had made the decision to do Panama Canal Cruise for my 50th birthday. Times have changed and I am able to go next year (2009 - April) When would you suggest booking for the best price and a Carib balcony room? (I like mid ship) I tend to book vacations in February when I get that Tax refund check back. Would that be too late?

Thanks to all!!

Waiting until two months before the cruise is pretty last minute anymore, especially if you are wanting a specific category stateroom.

Remember one thing, if you sail at any other time and puchase FCC's (future cruise credits) while onboard another sailing, that works as the total deposit for your next cruise. So, you can book as far in advance as you would like, with only tieing up the $100 per person up until final payment is due.

For the best prices, we have found lately that the further out you book, the better the prices. And just make sure if you book through a TA that if prices drop before final payment, they will honor the price drop.

Hi Teripp, it all depends on what is important to you. We book as soon as the brochures are available, June Holiday was booked March 07, cruise 2009 was booked August 07. It is more important, for us, to be able to pick the exact room/deck/cabin/balcony, flight options, dates etc then it is to secure a bargain price. Our friends have just booked with RC for July this year. They have got a brilliant deal on an inside cabin but have no idea which deck they will on or whereabouts on the ship it will be. Whereas we have picked exactly what we want and, of course, paid extra for doing so. If you are not bothered too much about where you will be or even if you be able to get on the sailing you want, then leave it late, otherwise my advice is book as early as popssible. For us our holidays are too important to risk leaving it to chance.

Ok, here is the deal. Years ago I had made the decision to do Panama Canal Cruise for my 50th birthday. Times have changed and I am able to go next year (2009 - April) When would you suggest booking for the best price and a Carib balcony room? (I like mid ship) I tend to book vacations in February when I get that Tax refund check back. Would that be too late?

Thanks to all!!

Best prices on many cruises these past couple of years have been 12 - 18 months before sailing unless you are looking for an inside cabin and don't care about the cruise date or ship then after final payment.

Having said that Alaska for this summer seems to be going down and also Holyland for May. Panama Canal Cruises are very popular and Caribe deck balcony rooms are often booked many, many months in advance.

The question is - with the current and future prediction about this country's economy will things change? Even if they do and prices drop next Feb you probably won't get the mid ship Caribe balcony you desire.

If your ONLY concern is price, book right after final payment is due for the best possible price. This is crunch time for the cruise lines because of the final payment cancellations. On my last cruise I could have saved 50% had I followed my own advice. Of course, the ship could also sail without you if it's full or you could get that dreaded cabin above or below the disco. Caveat emptor....

Thanks to all!!

Best price and Caribe may not be synonymous. You may already be too late for a Caribe balcony and best price could have passed you by too. Then again, after final payment prices "could" go down, but Caribe may never surface.

Pia

Book now - but it may be too late for a Caribe balcony. Those go fast because they are the bigger balconies.

If the fares go down, as long as they aren't for new bookings and it is before your final payment, call Princess and ask them to match the reduction.

You have the best chance of getting the cabin you want booking as soon as prices come down.

Book now - but it may be too late for a Caribe balcony. Those go fast because they are the bigger balconies.

The bigger balconies only apply to Grand-class ships, which do not do partial or full transits - those ships are too big (for now).

My advice would be to book as early as possible. We booked way in advance and watched prices just go up. Our cruise has been sold out for quite some time.

If your ONLY concern is price, book right after final payment is due for the best possible price.

Best price and Caribe may not be synonymous. You may already be too late for a Caribe balcony and best price could have passed you by too. Then again, after final payment prices "could" go down, but Caribe may never surface.

I agree with the above. If you're looking for a specific cabin or deck, leaving it to the last minute (two months before the cruise is last minute) will mean that it's unlikely that you'll get the type of cabin or deck that you want; you'd be dependent on whether anyone cancels and how long the waitlist is for that type of cabin.

My advice is to book the cabin you want now -- after all, it's going to be an amazing trip for you and you want the best -- and then save some money every month towards final payment.

Princess will have a $100 per person desposit. Starting April 1st. Just a heads up!

This usually is a Travel Agency special that Princess lets agencies run so many times a year. At any given time, there is an agency running this special.

Archived