concierge service help

The real answer is unfortunately "no". There are some concieges that do allow visitors with a diamond if the lounge is not busy. The Explorer though is usually always full (at least between 5 and 8:30 when coctails are served)so doubtful you will be allowed guests. Sorry

The official answer is they are not allowed. Only you will be given a key to the lounge. The first day you could ask the concierge if you can bring them in as guests if the lounge is not busy, but be prepared to be told no.

How will I know if they will not be allowed. Do I have to ask the concierge? I know that may be a stupid question.

You will get a letter in your cabin upon boarding which includes they invitation and the key to the Concierge lounge. This invitation will state quite clearly that the lounge is available to a limited group of guests only and only those guests are welcome to the lounge.

What uoi can do is put you in one room with your father and your spouse in the other room with you mother. That way whoever is in the room with you shares the same status as you. I am sure I will get flamed for this but it will work to solve your problem. I did it with my parents at the suggestion of someone at RCCL when we reserved the rooms.

What uoi can do is put you in one room with your father and your spouse in the other room with you mother. That way whoever is in the room with you shares the same status as you. I am sure I will get flamed for this but it will work to solve your problem. I did it with my parents at the suggestion of someone at RCCL when we reserved the rooms.

I don´t think this is correct. To C&A members in one room do not share the highest level of both of them.

I´ve travelled with my Mom in the same room and she has been Gold, later Platinum while I´ve been Diamond and both of us got the recognition of our according C&A membership level.

At the very least this is handled differently from ship to ship Concierge to Concierge. But not a general rule.

There´s also friends coming to my mind who are not related but cruised together in the same cabin and one being diamond. The non Diamond did not general permittance to the lounge (right Wrona?;) )

No flames here but have you actually taken this cruise yet and did it work? I think you have been given some misinformation.

I know, I know...hard to imagine someone at RCCL giving out misinformation, but it DOES happen! :p ;)

No flames here but have you actually taken this cruise yet and did it work? I think you have been given some misinformation.

I know, I know...hard to imagine someone at RCCL giving out misinformation, but it DOES happen! :p ;)

I did room with a Gold member when I was a Diamond member. The gold member got her Gold coupon book and I got my Diamond. I got a robe, she did not. (that was pretty tacky actually!!!) But, she was allowed into the CL with me. I will say, we sailed in early November and had late seating. Often times we were the only ones in the lounge, so this may be why they allowed it.

As stated, it does seem to vary by ship and concierge. I would not expect non-D members to be allowed in (unless of course they are in a suite) but you can always graciously ask the concierge what your options are on boarding.

I don´t think this is correct. To C&A members in one room do not share the highest level of both of them.

I´ve travelled with my Mom in the same room and she has been Gold, later Platinum while I´ve been Diamond and both of us got the recognition of our according C&A membership level.

At the very least this is handled differently from ship to ship Concierge to Concierge. But not a general rule.

There´s also friends coming to my mind who are not related but cruised together in the same cabin and one being diamond. The non Diamond did not general permittance to the lounge (right Wrona?;) )

Same experience here............and I think that's how it should be.

When I was Diamond and my father was Gold I cruised with him on the Radiance. The concierge checked off names/cabin numbers on the first night and knew who was entitled to be there = no guests. On another cruise on the Radiance the Vortex was used as the overflow lounge and SeaPass cards were checked for everyone entering each night = no guests. On that cruise only D+/Suite guests had access to the CL and the concierge. It can be different from ship to ship and Concierge to Concierge.

I'm Diamond + and my father is Gold. When I cruised with him on the Radiance he was not allowed in the CL. The concierge checked off names/cabin numbers on the first night and knew who was entitled to be there. On another cruise on the Radiance the Vortex was used as the overflow lounge and SeaPass cards were checked for each guest every night = no guests. On that cruise only D+/Suite guests had access to the CL and the concierge.

Thanks for backing up my experience. :)

Fortunately this was never an issue for me as when I cruised with my Mom before she got diamond it was most of the time in Suites so we had CL access anyway and when not I just went to a regular bar with her no big deal.

Do we get 1 key to the concierge or 2?
Each Diamond member gets a key. Or at least that has been our experience.

I will feel guilty to be able to go in the concierge lounge when my parents are not allowed to.:mad:
There is a really simple solution to this. If you ask and are told no guests, do not go to the CL. It is not required that you use it just because you have a key.

Or book your parents a suite for guaranteed CL entrance. :)

Thanks for backing up my experience. :)

Fortunately this was never an issue for me as when I cruised with my Mom before she got diamond it was most of the time in Suites so we had CL access anyway and when not I just went to a regular bar with her no big deal.

You're Welcome :)

Each Diamond member gets a key. Or at least that has been our experience.

We always got only one per cabin, regardless if being in a Suite or with two Diamonds in a room, but then I´m sure we could have gotten a second one when asking for it. The Concierge knows his / her people anyway and so there´s no sneaking in.;)

There is a really simple solution to this. If you ask and are told no guests, do not go to the CL. It is not required that you use it just because you have a key.

Or book your parents a suite for guaranteed CL entrance. :)

Exactly

How will I know if they will not be allowed. Do I have to ask the concierge? I know that may be a stupid question.

That would be the way to find out. I would be surprised if they would be allowed in every night. They haven't earned the privilege so they shouldn't be allowed in there.

I have known some concierges to allow guests in one night, but not all nights. If you feel uncomfortable going without your parents, then do as we do and not go there when traveling with friends who are not Diamond or in a suite.

Personally, I think it is not the right thing to do to put the concierge on the spot. The welcome letter definitely states no guests are allowed, so that to me means no guests, no matter what.

Someone suggested that your parents book a suite and then your problems of the CL would be solved.

Good luck.

That would be the way to find out. I would be surprised if they would be allowed in every night. They haven't earned the privilege so they shouldn't be allowed in there.

I have known some concierges to allow guests in one night, but not all nights. If you feel uncomfortable going without your parents, then do as we do and not go there when traveling with friends who are not Diamond or in a suite.

Personally, I think it is not the right thing to do to put the concierge on the spot. The welcome letter definitely states no guests are allowed, so that to me means no guests, no matter what.

Someone suggested that your parents book a suite and then your problems of the CL would be solved.

Good luck.

Well said!

My DH and I are Diamond members, and we traveled with my sister and BIL. They were not allowed in with us so, we did not go in ourselves. Now, my sister and BIL are diamond on their own and we will all go together on our Alaska cruise.

BTW, my DH and I each got our own key on our last cruise.

There are so many D and D+ and those who are booked in suites so they cannot allow others in, there just isn't enough room.....It was so crowded once, we just walked in, and turned around and walked out.

:confused: Question:

We are going a cruise on EOS in June and we are diamond members. My parents are also going but they are platinum members. Will they be allowed in the concierge lounge if they go with us?

I did room with a Gold member when I was a Diamond member. The gold member got her Gold coupon book and I got my Diamond. I got a robe, she did not. (that was pretty tacky actually!!!) But, she was allowed into the CL with me. I will say, we sailed in early November and had late seating. Often times we were the only ones in the lounge, so this may be why they allowed it.

As stated, it does seem to vary by ship and concierge. I would not expect non-D members to be allowed in (unless of course they are in a suite) but you can always graciously ask the concierge what your options are on boarding.

I THOUGHT that I was told that cabin mates of Diamonds are granted Lounge privileges for the duration of the cruise, but like much with RCI it doesn't seem to be straightforward or clear. Actually, I think temporary duration of cruise access makes much more sense than giving PERMANENT Diamond [or whatever] status to spouses AND children [one can be one year old and have permanent Diamond Plus status; or you could cruise once with your parents, through them become Diamond Plus, then go on your honeymoon, and your new spouse who had never cruised before is now also Diamond Plus - :confused:this makes no sense whatsoever].

It truly does vary, ship to ship and concierge to concierge.

In the past, we have received one key card to the CL, but have been given another when we asked. (all in the cabin have Diamond status, LEGITIMATELY, on their own sailings)

This past January, my roommate was a friend who had never been on a cruise before. She received everything that I received, except a coupon book. She got a robe, she was allowed into the Hollywood Odyssey every night, and Andrea even confirmed her return flight and printed out her boarding pass.

I THOUGHT that I was told that cabin mates of Diamonds are granted Lounge privileges for the duration of the cruise, but like much with RCI it doesn't seem to be straightforward or clear.

Cabin mates of Diamond members are not granted lounge access (I speak from experience on this). Occasionally a concierge will allow you to bring in a non-Diamond cabin mate but it depends on the concierge and how busy the lounge is.

Archived