Divi Bay on your own

absolutely do this on your own:) we've done it twice. right at the port will be taxis waiting to take you anywhere you want to go.

divi is a 15 minute cab ride and unfortunately i can't remember how much it cost. there isn't an entrance fee to get to the beach but chair and umbrella rentals are $5.00 a piece.

my advice to you is to get off the ship by 9:00 (if you were planning on doing this in the morning. the ships excursions will get there at 9:30'ish and then the rental situation could change.

there is snorkel and jet ski rental. we love it there.

I agree..Our kids were 10,10,12 last year and they loved Divi. Exit the ship, follow the signs and asked for a taxi to Divi...Beach is free and chairs are $5 ( I think). Divi was my favorite place on the cruise..

I think cab fare is $6 pp each way (dont rember eacatly but close). Only 10 minute ride from ship and on the way back they can drop you off for some shopping. I loved St.Martin..:D

I agree..Our kids were 10,10,12 last year and they loved Divi. Exit the ship, follow the signs and asked for a taxi to Divi...Beach is free and chairs are $5 ( I think). Divi was my favorite place on the cruise..

I think cab fare is $6 pp each way (dont rember eacatly but close). Only 10 minute ride from ship and on the way back they can drop you off for some shopping. I loved St.Martin..:D

Bill, how long ago did you go to Little Divi?

We also went to DIVI when on the Glory a few yrs back.

LOVED it there! We did the Carnival ship sponsored tour. There was not enough time there, I would have

loved to stay longer. My pictures turned out just

like they advertised,it is gorgeous there!

W

We were there just last week. The 10-15 minute taxi ride is $4 per person each way. Our driver was willing to come back and pick us up if we knew when we wanted to leave. When we left, there were a couple of taxis there waiting. Umbrella and chair(s) are $5 each. There were two jet ski vendors there. One had white/blue jet skis and the other had white/yellow. The "yellow" vendor was cheaper and willing to negotiate price. We got a jet ski for $35 for a 1/2 hour from the "yellow" vendor and the "blue" vendor was $55 for the 1/2 hour. The "blue" vendor said the "yellow" vendor wasn't suppose to be there. :confused:

We just went in January it was $4 per person (each way). You will see the taxi signs once off the ship...

We paid $15 for two chairs and one umbrella. When you want to leave there are usually taxi's waiting on the other side of where you get dropped off. If there are none, they will get you one.

Of all the beach days we have done, this is by far the easiest and close to the ship for getting back on. You can use the beach bar and food can be purchased at the restaurant.

This is a nice relaxing day.

I am trying to decide which beach for our trip! I have read about how beautiful Orient is, however, I'm not sure my 2 DD's 12 and 15 want to see nudity. I am also thinking if Divi. Can you tell me, if you have been to both places, how they compare? My ideal trip would be to see Marigot, have beach time, and then back to Phillipsburg for shopping. Thanks!

Just back off RCCL Serenade of Seas...

Spent all afternoon at Divi with hubbie and daughters (8 and 5). Wonderful resort, wonderful beach.

No charge to use beach and nominal fee (I think around $7pp) for chairs and umbrella. They have a resident macaw named Gizmo that both of my girls were able to hold (he sat on their arms) and talk to. You are welcome to use restroom facilities - we did not see a pool but I think that is probably not available without some sort of day pass.

Water is beautiful and calm - ask up by the bar and they have free beach pails, shovels, etc. for the kids.

We just took a taxi - I believe it was $16 each way for 4 of us. Taxi drivers were both friendly and wonderful. It was one of our favorite days.

No need for a ship excursion - you truly can do this one on your own!!!

wow - was all set to book this thru RCCL for our 4/25 EOS out of Bayonne - now I think we can do this on our own:rolleyes: for LOTS less!

Thanks for all the info -- going to look up the beach on google and check it out - maybe there will be more info - we were so bummed our St Maarten excursion (treetop at loterie) was cancelled due to the parade I decided to just do nothing - glad I waited!

thanks again --:D

We used the pool last year and we do not have a condo.

Call ahead and ask or just ask at the desk. Maybe this has changed. :D

I think it's possible that you unintentionally "snuck" in to use the pool. (By that I mean, you didn't know/didn't ask, but simply went in and used it and weren't "challenged" by the staff or resort guests.) If the resort wasn't crowded that day, it's likely that use by a couple of non-guests would not be noticed.

I know that some of the ship excursions to Little Divi include use of the pool, but for those who go on their own, pool use is not technically allowed. I suspect that if there are many ships in port on the same day, then they would be far more strict about pool usage because condo owners/guests would be justifiably ticked if the pools, which they've paid to have as an amenity, were overrun by cruise pax just "dropping in" and using them. It would certainly bother me if I couldn't use a resort pool I'd paid to have available because 300+ cruise pax decided to just come in and make themselves at home.

beachchick

p.s., I'm not admonishing you at all, just pointing out some possibilities.

Archived