Men- do you bring formal wear for a 2 night cruise?

victory2020

I'm going on a 2 day out of San Diego in May & one night is formal. Any of you men have experience with this? Should my DH bring a suit or just a shirt & tie? Will we be allowed in the DR without jacket (we always dress formally on other cruises)?Thanks.

Just make sure if he brings only shirt and tie that the shirt is long sleeved. It was one stipulation on recent sailings that they did allow men into the diningroom on formal night without a jacket, but they needed to have on a long sleeved shirt.

Just make sure if he brings only shirt and tie that the shirt is long sleeved. It was one stipulation on recent sailings that they did allow men into the diningroom on formal night without a jacket, but they needed to have on a long sleeved shirt.

Thanks. Do men still wear short sleeved shirts & ties with no jacket?:)

First time I have heard that a 2 day coastal has a formal night... Are you sure you have correct info? Logic says no as usually first night most wear what they came on the ship with and second night they wear what they are getting off the ship with.. :confused::confused:

Thanks. Do men still wear short sleeved shirts & ties with no jacket?:)

On our last two sailings, men were turned away on formal night with short sleeved shirts, long sleeved were fine, but not with short sleeves and no jacket.

The cruise answer book says 2-6 days there is one formal night Largin, that is what I am going by but have never experienced a two day cruise before myself.

Toto.. weird as there is no formal night on our 2 day SF/Vancouver in May. I guess on a 2 day they expect everyone to carry out their own bags as how else can you put your tux/suit/formal in your luggage that you place outside your door by 9pm on the second night.. :confused: Maybe some other 2 dayers can respond..

We will be on this sailing as well, but we will not bring any formal wear for a two day (we do for other sailings as we actually do like getting dressed up on formal night) - but for a 2 day it just seems like a bit much, especially since that night is after a day in Ensenada on Cinco de Mayo:).

Toto.. weird as there is no formal night on our 2 day SF/Vancouver in May. I guess on a 2 day they expect everyone to carry out their own bags as how else can you put your tux/suit/formal in your luggage that you place outside your door by 9pm on the second night.. :confused: Maybe some other 2 dayers can respond..

Hummm, that's interesting. Are you sure they haven't changed it? Princess seems to be switching things around right and left lately. We almost need a 'play book' to keep track.

I actually knew nothing about two night cruises, so I drug out my cruise answer book after you posted about there not being a formal night. It specifically states on 2-6 night sailings there is one formal night onboard. Heck if I know???????????????????????????

I'm going on a 2 day out of San Diego in May & one night is formal. Any of you men have experience with this? Should my DH bring a suit or just a shirt & tie? Will we be allowed in the DR without jacket (we always dress formally on other cruises)?Thanks.

IMHO, I think it is a better look to have a jacket on with no tie than a tie with no jacket (of course there would be a shirt involved in both cases...lol)

There is definately a formal night - confirmed with my agent at Princess after reading in the answer book that 2 -6 day cruise have 1 formal night (page 10). Just want to make sure we'll be dressed appropriately if DH doesn't bring suit.

I like getting dressed up for formal night, but there is no way I would on a 2 day cruise. I doubt I'd even take pants. I can deal with Horizon court for 2 nights. But, I doubt I'll ever take a 2 day cruise anyway, since it's not feasible for where we are located.

O.K. guys I have the 9/07 Cruise answer book and it says from 2-6 days there is one formal nite. But in the fine print it does say that the dress code is subject to change with the ships itiniery. So now that is as clear as mud so I guess each coastal could be 1 formal nite and then again not have it. So I guess we will wait to see when we are on board for my 2 day coastal.

marilyn

I checked my Cruise Answer Books. The May 2006 book says 3-6 days is one formal night, the September 2007 book says 2-6 days.

My guess is they changed it since there are several 2-6 day sailing out there now. The newer cruise answer book is the one that I would go by.

Really is the debate of Cruise Answer books versions necessary?

I have booked this crusie and although everything I see says it will have 1 formal night we are not going to stress over it. Most of us have all been through PCL corporate saying one thing and the ship staff doing another when we get there.

If we get to the ship and there is a formal night (for whatever reason) we will be eating in the Pizza place that night. If it is not announced we will be in the anytime dining room in regular dining attire. Worst case there is a Buffet and or Room service.

When we were on the Dawn in Feb we were asked to have our luggage in the hallway by 10 PM. I just can't see dressing up and getting everything packed to be in the hall or to pack it in our "carryoff" bag.

O.K. guys I have the 9/07 Cruise answer book and it says from 2-6 days there is one formal nite. But in the fine print it does say that the dress code is subject to change with the ships itiniery. So now that is as clear as mud so I guess each coastal could be 1 formal nite and then again not have it. So I guess we will wait to see when we are on board for my 2 day coastal.

marilyn

Marilynn, are you on this 2 night coastal? We are on this May 4 cruise and I am definatly not bringing formal wear, country club casual will have to do. We have a role called started for this sailing so please join us over on the role call.

Marilynn, are you on this 2 night coastal? We are on this May 4 cruise and I am definatly not bringing formal wear, country club casual will have to do. We have a role called started for this sailing so please join us over on the role call.

Hi Kaen: No we are not on yours, I do not think? We are talking about the May 10 on the Coral from S.F. to vancouver. then we are also doing a B2B from Vancouver-whittier-Vancouver. Which one are you talking about.

Marilyn

P.S. How in the heck are you two.

Hi Kaen: No we are not on yours, I do not think? We are talking about the May 10 on the Coral from S.F. to vancouver. then we are also doing a B2B from Vancouver-whittier-Vancouver. Which one are you talking about.

Marilyn

P.S. How in the heck are you two.

Darn it we're not sailing together. We're on the dawn princess May 4 San Diego to Ensenada. We'll be moving back to southern calif late April and then we'll divide our time between calif and Las Vegas. We need this cruise to make us Elite members with princess. How are you and Pat doing. Would you belive I've got a bubbles away started for our sailing :D

Archived