When you order a drink in a souvenir glass - is it plastic or glass?

Yes.

:D

Some are glass, some are plastic. Some have lights inside, some are painted. There are several different kinds of glasses, you see.

Really...is it the same price for both? Will you know before hand which one it is?

how can they have LIGHTS! lol are they battery operated?? lol

Really...is it the same price for both? Will you know before hand which one it is?

No, you won't have a choice, but you can ask, or observe what people around you are being served.

No, you won't have a choice, but you can ask, or observe what people around you are being served.

I'm paying for it and I won't know? Hmm...what if I just say - what kind of glass is it? lol

I know on CocoCay they come in huge plastic containers. On the ship they should be glass right?

On our last cruise the drink special was in a ceramic 'shot' glass (Bailey's and something) and it was offered as the drink special in a commorative glass for $X.XX so you knew in advance that the price included the glass. You couldn't buy the drink without buying the glass. It was a 'package' deal.

Fragile? Yes, but it didn't break on the way home from Europe.

Yes.

I'm paying for it and I won't know? Hmm...what if I just say - what kind of glass is it? lol

I know on CocoCay they come in huge plastic containers. On the ship they should be glass right?

The ones on CocoCay and Labadee are plastic, with lids and straws.

There can be more than one kind being used in different places at different times onboard on the same cruise. (e.g., plastic light-up glasses in Boleros'; glass hurricane glasses in Aquarium Bar)

Our first drink was in a souvenir glass. Coat extra for it. It was glass. Yours to keep. We were told you have to ask for the non souvenir glass or they will keep bring the other one at the more expensive price. You don't trade them in like on Carnival. (Once you buy your first drink, they take them back until you decide to keep it)

these are the glasses we got...it always helps to ask the servers specifically for what they have

Ooooh I like those. We didn't get any like that on our cruise.

We got a plastic one when we ordered by the pool, plastic ones with the lights on the bottom and the rest of them were glass. We brought home about 12 glass ones with only one fatality. We wrapped them in our dirty clothes.

We got a set of these on our last cruise also. You can even get ice cream in them at Ben & Jerry's.

thats exactly what i use them for at home!! :D

..sometimes you might have to search for them. we just got off Navigator today and were told that they didn't serve glassware on the pool deck/bars. we did find them at all the bars inside however..

Archived