Rental Car at Port Everglades, Ft. Lauderdale

RetdCruizers

We rented a few weeks ago from Avis and there was a bus that took us back to the airport from Port Everglades. It was a bus that took most (if not all) of those wanting to rent a car from the Port to the airport. It wasn't specifically a bus just for Avis. I am pretty sure that it was also for National too. I know that Avis, Hertz, Thrifty and Alamo used the bus. It only picked up Princess passengers and went directly to the airport.

The whole thing was quite painless once we found out where to pick up the shuttle bus in the mess of people that go off the ship that day. Both the Grand and the Emerald were in port. The 4 of us got on the bus with our luggage along with a bus full of other Princess passengers. From the time we got off the ship to the time we drove off in our car it was about 40 minutes. It was actually easier that trying to get a taxi the last time we cruised.

Newkim:

Thank you so very much for the detailed information regarding the rental car transportation. This sounds like the most efficient means to get from the port to the rental car companies...with the least amount of effort.

Thanks again.

Retdcruizers,

We just reserved a minivan for after our cruise in April.They will pick us up at the port after disembarkment,with their shuttle, and take us to their Quay Shopping Center location on 17th St to pick it up.We can then drop it off at the airport the next morning.:) Jax

I actually have the opposite of that question. We are renting a car in

Orlando and spending some time there and then we will drive to Ft.Lauderdale

and need to drop off the car in FLL. Does anyone know if the drop off is near the port and will they drive us to the ship?? Thank you so much for the help....

I actually have the opposite of that question. We are renting a car in

Orlando and spending some time there and then we will drive to Ft.Lauderdale

and need to drop off the car in FLL. Does anyone know if the drop off is near the port and will they drive us to the ship?? Thank you so much for the help....

If it is one of the airport companies, drop it off at the airport and take the (free) car rental van to the pier.

Thank you so much...we will do that...I believe Budget is at the airport...so we will hop on the shuttle to the ship. Thanks to all the cruise buddies for the help.

This is the Budget location that has it's own shuttle to & from the port.

QUAY SHOPPING CENTER

1515 SE 17 ST CAUSEWAY

FT.LAUDERDALE, FL 33316 US hours Sun 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM; Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Sat 9:00 AM - 5:00 PMphone 954-761-7231

We have done the Orlando to Ft Lauderdale drive several times. If you get there too early in the morning they will not take you on the shuttle. Most of the time we like to get in line around 10 - 10:30, so we just take a cab and pay the $15-$20 cab fare. If you do take a cab, get them to quote you a fixed price first as the lines getting into port are usually long and eat up a lot of taxi-idle fare minutes.

We have rented from Budget at the Quay Shopping Center a couple of times and it went as smooth as silk. If you take a cab, maybe $10, you'll get to the rental agency first and avoid the wait and crowds of those taking the bus.

It's cheaper at Quay than at the airport because of the airport fees and taxes. Since there's no drop off charge within the state of Florida (check with your car rental agency), it's a lot quicker and less expensive to drive home rather that take the cruise bus.

I rented a car from National this past October and dropped it at FLL airport for my cruise on the CB. They have a shuttle shared by all the rental car companies on the airport property that goes to Port Everglades as other posters have said. Just be aware that they usually don't start the service going TO the port until noon. Also, it does stop at all the various cruise lines so you may not necessarily be the first to get dropped off.

Archived