Problems with "E-Documents"

My brother has just signed on to join us on a cruise later this week (Grandeur, leaving on Thursday). Since he was only able to book it at the last minute, he was sent e-documents to print out as tickets, etc.

However... the link they sent him only opens to a blank page. Something got goofed up along the way, whether his e-mail client was adding problem characters to the URL, or whatever, neither of us were able to open the e-ticket stuff from a number of computers.

He did some calling to RCCL, getting bounced around to numerous extensions, and was told not to worry about it, particularly since he had already gone through the process of printing out his SetSail Pass.

Has anyone else shown up at the port without their e-documents and gotten a run-around about it? I'm just hoping that this won't cause him any grief, particularly since it's his first cruise.

Very good to hear! I believe all he needed in order to be able to access the "prior to boarding" form was his confirmation number, which the TA was able to supply. So he should be set, and it's a relief to know that the e-documents won't be a problem. Thanks!

My brother has just signed on to join us on a cruise later this week (Grandeur, leaving on Thursday). Since he was only able to book it at the last minute, he was sent e-documents to print out as tickets, etc.

However... the link they sent him only opens to a blank page. Something got goofed up along the way, whether his e-mail client was adding problem characters to the URL, or whatever, neither of us were able to open the e-ticket stuff from a number of computers.

He did some calling to RCCL, getting bounced around to numerous extensions, and was told not to worry about it, particularly since he had already gone through the process of printing out his SetSail Pass.

Has anyone else shown up at the port without their e-documents and gotten a run-around about it? I'm just hoping that this won't cause him any grief, particularly since it's his first cruise.

Does he have his passport?

Or certified birth certificate and driver's license?

You don't even need the set sail pass to get on board. Just proof of identification. My daughter forgot her set sail pass at home and they just had her fill out the credit card information at the pier. Took about 10 minutes, no big deal.

Don't worry about it, it's going to be fine!

Some facts.

He will be fine. Cruise line documents are NOT required. The only thing is that he must have completely filled out, either on line or mailed in, his pre-cruise immigration information. If he has not, he must do so immediately or arrive several hours before departure.

If he has done that, to board he needs nothing more that the required ID, certified birth certificate and government issued photo ID or a passport. For baggage tags, the porters will have blank ones.

To resolve your worry, simply have him call whomever he booked with, cruise line or TA.

I get that sometimes with various things. It's usually a compatibility problem with the browser you're using. Did the computers you tried all have the same browser? If so, try downloading another free browser and see if it will come up then. Or else ask the company to email you a pdf copy.

(Though as others have said, you don't really NEED the cruise docs, but they're nice to have sometimes anyway!)

Archived