Explorer of the Seas junior suite help

Looking at booking Canada cruise next October on the Explorer. We are three adults and would like to have a junior suite. Can anyone recommend a good location, how are the aft js cabins on decks six or seven (have never been in an aft cabin so might be good to try). Thanks for any help.

We prefer our JS to be near the hump--or on it, if available! Deck 10 is the best! Very convenient to the stairs and elevators, and by being on deck 10, you won't need the elevator (too slow) to run back and forth to the pool. I don't like the vibration that you sometimes feel in the aft--annoys me when I'm trying to go to sleep!

The balcony on a JS is pretty good sized--unless there are more than 2 of you, a side balcony will be ample!

We we on the Explorer in December and had JS cabin 9618, dead center middle of the hump. We loved this location as it was close to the elevators and you could see fully in both directions from the balcony. If you want to see eome pictures of the cabin click here:

Enjoy you cruise

We we on the Explorer in December and had JS cabin 9618, dead center middle of the hump. We loved this location as it was close to the elevators and you could see fully in both directions from the balcony. If you want to see eome pictures of the cabin click here:

Enjoy you cruise

and had 9318...opposite side of ship same cabin. Was it great or what. !!

paylady, that is when we are looking at booking. I have a question regarding these hump cabins. On the RCCL website they do not have the triangle showing that it has a sofabed (not just a sofa) so I guess since we are three adults we will move down the hall from you. We are also looking at connecting rooms but that single supplement is really tough on the pocketbook. I know that we have to decide soon. Thanks for everyone's help.

Janet,

We are booked on Explorer for Mar 09 in 1694 Aft. The only JS we could find with a pull out sofa bed were middle between the elevators, or Aft. Asked a lot of questions prior to going aft as we had never been (normally it is just my wife and I and we take a balcony by the stairs, we are taking our 11 yo this time). Received a lot of positive reviews on the Aft cabins due to size and balcony views. Web link below will show you both, but we are actually looking forward to trying the Aft given the positive reviews we received. Which ever you choose certain you will enjoy.

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/virtualtour/aft/aftFR.html

paylady, that is when we are looking at booking. I have a question regarding these hump cabins. On the RCCL website they do not have the triangle showing that it has a sofabed (not just a sofa) so I guess since we are three adults we will move down the hall from you. We are also looking at connecting rooms but that single supplement is really tough on the pocketbook. I know that we have to decide soon. Thanks for everyone's help.

We have 9612 (D1) and 9614 (JS) booked on the Explorer. They are connecting hump cabins. If you're thinking of two cabins and one cabin would have only person, a JS wouldn't be necessary for that one person. A D1 would be plenty big enough.

Janet:

Fortunately, we don't have to stuff a third person in the cabin with us. I've noticed, also on the Radiance class, that some of the more desirable locations on the hump don't have a sleeper sofa. I wonder why that is.

I hope you book the 10/1 cruise. We can start a Meet & Mingle post.

You're so lucky to live in NJ and not have to fly. Have you been on the Explorer before?

paylady, we are very lucky to not have to fly to get on the Explorer. Will go over all the cabin options and pick the best option for all of us. We have never been on the Explorer so I think that's why we're having a tough time picking. And it is 9 nights so want everyone to be comfortable. I'll let you know when we book so we can start the Meet & Mingle. Have also given all the information to some family members so others might be joining us. Thanks again for your help.

According to my DW, who shared a JS with her mom and dad on the Explorer last fall, she said that the cabin felt a bit larger than the normal JS with the couch that made into a bed in the evening. She cannot remember the cabin number.....but felt that it was very roomy.

This coming from a lady that is used to being in an OS. Are the JS that take 3 larger than the ones that only sleep 2?? :confused:

Rick

We were in 1394 aft Junior Suite on Explorer last November. The JS is longer than the rooms on the side of the ship and the balcony is huge. If you are 3 people this is the room to go in. We did not feel any vibration while in this room. The only drawback is that it is a long walk to the elevator. We considered it our way to eat and not gain weight.:)

Pat

• 1 month later...
We prefer our JS to be near the hump--or on it, if available! Deck 10 is the best! Very convenient to the stairs and elevators, and by being on deck 10, you won't need the elevator (too slow) to run back and forth to the pool. I don't like the vibration that you sometimes feel in the aft--annoys me when I'm trying to go to sleep!

The balcony on a JS is pretty good sized--unless there are more than 2 of you, a side balcony will be ample!

I agree completely deck 10 JS is our favorite by the hump:) But for 3 people they have to do one on deck 9 because the ones on 10 are only for 2 as far as I've been told. I know we never had a sleeper couch in any of ours on deck 10, just a regular sofa.

Archived