RCI begging people to get on the Mariner in Miami

bilyclub

Its 9/28 and I'm sitting on the Mariner hearing how the people on the previous cruise which got two days for free got, whats left of this one dirt cheap(like less than a hotel room) Good for them and up mine..but anyway... We were supposed to shove off at 8 pm but,they just announced that the muster drill will be between dinner seatings. They are rounding up persons to get on board..........

Hey---I'm on my way!!! ;)

Just kidding---I know how frustrated you must be. What is the weather like?----I assume many cancelled that had insurance---can you do that---or live in Florida and have other issues that seem minor compared to losing their cruise payment. Whatever the case---wishing you lots of sunshine :) good food :) and no rock and rollin........

unless of course---you are the one causing it......;)

creempuff you're taking it in stride! they say everything happens for a reason but i know i would be having a 4 year olds temper tantrum (hands and feet a'kickin!) if missed my cruise - but that's just me :)

I'd be right there with you! I know how much I look forward to my cruise--can't --and don't -even imagine..........

I Don't know what Category Cabin you are in but I bet you can get a great upgrade at a very , very low price at the Purser's Desk. Have you asked about what upgrades are available?

I'm sure there will be alot of empty cabins on this cruise......

Let us all know what they say when you go down and ask?

This is your chance at one of those larger suites.

Good Luck

Jimbo:)

No need to throw a tantrum. Cruise isn't cancelled, just postponed until April. RC gave me full credit towards another cruise. I'm sure there are others who couldn't make it there with all the changes that were going on. Still a little sad that I'm stuck home this week, but at least I still have a cruise to look forward to.:)

We just got off the 9 day cruise that ended today, 9/28. When we were leaving, they were offering the cruise to people for $50 per day, and some people were saying that they were even offered a cabin credit (although I'm not sure if that was true). We couldn't stay, but many in our group did take advantage of this deal.

Don't hold your breath on the upgrade. We were on the 9/5 (left 9/7) cruise during Frances (or was it Ivan?!?!!?) and we asked about upgrades, paid and unpaid - the "BUCK" was passed big time.

We are diamond members and asked at the C & A desk when checking in at priority boarding - said to check on board. Got on-board, said to check later, called later, said to check later - never ending run-a-round.

We are not demanding cruisers, but I was very disappointed at how RCI handled this. 1900 passengers on board a ship that holds 3600 and no upgrades to be had. Go figure??!!??

We enjoyed the cruise overall and know that RCI had their hands full with the logistics of the hurricane, but you would think an upgrade would have been considered for repeat cruisers. We were disappointed to say the least.

Billyclub,

We are scheduled to have the Mariner directly after you. We are leaving on Sunday the 3rd. So far, Royal Caribbean is saying that your cruise will be returning to Port Canaveral. However, Port Canaveral has not confirmed yet that the port will be able to accomodate the Mariner. (Sand is being dredged again, as it was after Frances, to create enough depth for the Mariner to make it through.) Can you keep us updated on what you hear onboard about your return, so those of us who are leaving on Sunday might have a better idea of what to expect? Thanks so much!

Archived