B2B Benefit?

Not really....just a longer cruise and a special lunch in the dining room on day last day of 1st leg of the b2b.

We have done B2B's on RCCL and have never been given a lunch on "turn around day." Different ships do different things.

We used to get a small plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of wine as a thank you, but the wine was discontinued on our last one.

The only benefit is, you only pay for airfare one time for two cruises. :D

There are no discounts, no extra cruise credits and no other benefits except two glorious weeks at sea. ;)

Not really....just a longer cruise and a special lunch in the dining room on day last day of 1st leg of the b2b.

Really? :confused: I have did B2B's a few times and have never heard of this.:( Is this just on certain ships? If so which ones?

Really? :confused: I have did B2B's a few times and have never heard of this.:( Is this just on certain ships? If so which ones?

Several ships do it. A couple for example are Jewel, Radiance, Enchantment, Vision are some that do it. It may depend on the LA though and not the ship. They don't give out invitations or anything but prior to 2nd leg they do mention it.

Several ships do it. A couple for example are Jewel, Radiance, Enchantment, Vision are some that do it. It may depend on the LA though and not the ship. They don't give out invitations or anything but prior to 2nd leg they do mention it.

It wasn't done on the Jewel or Vision last year, at least not while we were onboard.

Sorry, my search didn't work. If we do a B2B are there any benefits? :)

The primary bennie is twice as much fun.

Some itimeraries allow a discount for booking the B2B as a single cruise.

Ask for this when getting quotes.

Several ships do it. A couple for example are Jewel, Radiance, Enchantment, Vision are some that do it. It may depend on the LA though and not the ship. They don't give out invitations or anything but prior to 2nd leg they do mention it.[/quote]

Not when I did two weeks on her when she sailed from Ft. Lauderdale doing 7 day cruises. :confused:

If they do not send out invites, who do they mention it to? And how would we know to go? :confused:

Is it a secret? :D

You can get an extra Crown and Anchor credit if you book a suite.

A 14-night cruise in a suite gives you 3 credits.

2 x 7-night cruises in a suite gives you 4 credits.

Yes, correct. Some people think a B2B is one cruise. It is not. ;)

A B2B cruise is not considered one 14 day cruise. It is two separate 7 day cruises..

So for a 7 day cruise in a JS and above you get two credits.

Two 7 day cruises in a JS or above you earn 2 credits each cruise for a total of 4 credits.

EDIT: I copied the first post from favorites and had to change it.

Several ships do it. A couple for example are Jewel, Radiance, Enchantment, Vision are some that do it. It may depend on the LA though and not the ship. They don't give out invitations or anything but prior to 2nd leg they do mention it.[/quote]

Not when I did two weeks on her when she sailed from Ft. Lauderdale doing 7 day cruises. :confused:

If they do not send out invites, who do they mention it to? And how would we know to go? :confused:

Is it a secret? :D

It must depend on the amount of cruisers doing b2bs, the LA, and the ship. A friend said they did it on the Enchantment and Radiance several years ago but maybe they don't do it anymore.

I did 5 cruises last year on the Vision doing the Alaska route and only on one of those 5 cruises did they do it. On the last sea day there was a meeting for the cruisers doing a b2b explaining the procedures and at that time they mentioned the luncheon was going to be in the dining room level 4. However on that cruise they were alot of people doing the b2b as there was a very large group traveling together and then individual people doing the b2b as well.

Also same thing on the Jewel...they had a lunch in Portofino for the people doing a b2b but again a very large group so maybe its a numbers thing or something these large groups arranged and all the people doing b2bs got to go. I know that they didn't do it on my Freedom cruises so maybe it was just luck due to the large groups on the Jewel and the Vision. Sorry if I gave out misinformation....I thought it was standard due to my experiences.

On our B2B on the Jewel this past January, we had brunch in Portifinos at the end of our cruise, not during turn-around. We did receive invitations in our staterooms for this brunch and we did have quite a large crowd on this B2B. It was really nice and just an extra added touch by RCCL that made us feel like Royalty. :)

A few years ago we booked a week on the Radiance (going out of San Juan) and a week on the Adventure. There was a day in between. The cruise line put us up in a hotel for the in-between day gratis. It would have been a pretty good deal but this was just after 9/11 and tons of people had cancelled. We had made the final payment on about 9/9. As a result of all the cancellations the ship was about 75% filled with natives Puerto Ricans. No problem other than the fact that they benefitted by getting a last minute rate of $295. pp. Good deal for them, not so good for us.

We have only been invited to a B2B lunch in Portifino's on the last day of a cruise in January 08 on Jewel. The invitations are delivered to your stateroom the night before.

We were told by the LA that it is not done on all ships all the time.

We have been on B2B's on Radiance (twice), Jewel, and Mariner(twice) in the past 2 years.

Archived