Back from Maasdam ..Canada / NE

Vistadeck

Hi :)

I'm just back from the Maasdam from this weekend. Had sunshine most of the time, no rain, but was a bit chilly and windy at times, some days were warm and sunny. Not much foliage yet, there seems to be more here in Seattle than there was in the Maritimes.

I love the ports on this itinerary.

Only concern was the food had some weak moments, but mostly was fine, none of the meals were "great", but some pastries were .. I did like the surf and turf :) .. my expectations in this department didn't quite meet the Rotterdam which I did on a similar itinerary 2 years ago, but had a nice cruise and liked the Maasdam.

I posted photos and notes of the cruise on my website .. more will be up in the next few days as I work on it. The link is :

http://www.recordlady.com/Pages/CRUISES/Maasdam2004/Maasdam.htm

Tina Johnson

Vistadeck

Bellevue, WA

Not much foliage yet, there seems to be more here in Seattle than there was in the Maritimes.

Foliage really doesn't change a lot til closer to the middle of October really, depends on how cool the nights get, they haven't been that cool over the last few weeks. Here in our area, we are truly enjoying a late summer :)

Welcome Back. Glad you enjoyed and had great weather.

It is early for foliage in New England. As explained above, while we did not have a hot summer, we have been enjoying beautiful days the last few weeks and that effects the timing for foliage peak.

Thanks for checking it out :) I finally got the rest of the pictures up today so feel free to pop back for another look.

This is a nice time of year for me to visit my family in Montreal, I grew up there and get a kick out of taking a cruise to or from that glorious city. Many people on board said they wished they spent some time in Montreal, and I encourage anyone donig this route to do so. Its still my favourite place :)

I appreciate the kind words about my site, I so much enjoy sharing my experiences with other travellers.

Tina Johnson

"Vistadeck"

My mom and I enjoyed our cruise on Maasdam as well. I'm 53 and mom is 81. We enjoyed the fantastic service. Eric the CD is sooooo good. This was my 11th cruise. I have been on 5 different cruiselines. The atmosphere of the ship and the attidude of the passengers was so relaxing.

My next cruise will be in June on Disney with my sister's grandchildren. I'm expecting a totally different kind of cruise. The elegance of the dining experience on Maasdam will seem like a dream. It will be fun to watch the kids enjoy all that's Disney, but when it's just adults HAL is "my cup of tea" My favorite port is Quebec City. I can't wait to go back.

• 8 months later...
Thanks for checking it out :) I finally got the rest of the pictures up today so feel free to pop back for another look.

This is a nice time of year for me to visit my family in Montreal, I grew up there and get a kick out of taking a cruise to or from that glorious city. Many people on board said they wished they spent some time in Montreal, and I encourage anyone donig this route to do so. Its still my favourite place :)

I appreciate the kind words about my site, I so much enjoy sharing my experiences with other travellers.

Tina Johnson

"Vistadeck"

Tina thanks so much for posting your pictures from the Canada/NE cruise. Being from the Maritimes myself I got a bit homesick checking out the shots of Charlottetown and Halifax.

You mentioned Eric was your cruise director...would this be Eric Downes (forgive the spelling)? He was the CD on the Zuiderdam when I sailed on her in March 2004.

Archived