jean capris in dining room on sailaway day?

bnsilly

Is that acceptable?? I know generally, no jeans...but what about on sailway day, I know everything is much more casual since we don't always have luggage, etc??

For non formal nites I wear sundresses. However last cruise I did not get my luggage until midnight! :eek: So what I was wearing on the plane is what I had to go to dinner with black stretch pants flat sandels and a casual shirt. :eek:

Sailaway dinner you will see people in casual attire. :cool:

I have always gotten my luggage before dinner. If you haven't you can always wear what you have on for boarding or bring something in your carry on just in case. FYI on Carnival jeans are not forbidden unless it is a formal night.

Is that acceptable?? I know generally, no jeans...but what about on sailway day, I know everything is much more casual since we don't always have luggage, etc??

The "jeans" question always opens a big can of worms, so be prepared. :D

I haven't worn denim capris on the first night, but have seen them. It's a good idea to have a swimsuit, an evening outfit, and a pair of appropriate shoes (i.e. not rubber flip-flops or gym shoes) in a carry-on just in case you don't get your luggage by dinnertime. It doesn't have to be a fancy dinner outfit, just a pair of nice pants and shirt, a skirt and top, or a casual sundress.

I have always received my bags in plenty of time to change for the evening. I also bring a change of clothes suitable for the dining room in my carry on along with toiletries, etc. Personally, I always shower and change before dinner and the first night is no different.

IMO the line also matters as you will far more people in very casual clothing on Carnival, NCL, RCI than on HAL or X.

I don't wear denim capris to dinner personally.

Hi, I am another one who always packs the first night's outfit

in my carry-on.

After being in the same clothing all day I feel much better

after a shower and a new set of clothing for dinner. Usually I wear

a skirt and top or a dress on the first night, casual yes,

but I still enjoy that clean set of clothes:) The denim stays

home for me while in the Caribbean.

Hi Kim, hope you are both doing well these days:)

Since I have never been on a cruise before, I don't know how formal you should dress for dinner or if Jean capris are acceptable. But I am taking some on my cruise anyway. I figure I will dress them up with a nice "dressy" top and some cute peep toe heels. Hopefully that will work. :confused:

Since I have never been on a cruise before, I don't know how formal you should dress for dinner or if Jean capris are acceptable. But I am taking some on my cruise anyway. I figure I will dress them up with a nice "dressy" top and some cute peep toe heels. Hopefully that will work. :confused:

I do believe you will be under dressed on Princess which is a more upscale and traditional line. They post their dress code on their website and their forum would be helpful to you as well.

Jeans are actually now allowed in the dining room for dinner except formal nights. We were on the crown in Dec. and they removed the no jeans sign and many were wearing them.

Absolutely! Not only on the first night but on every cruise casual night. They no longer have a formal night it is now referred to as cruise elegant.

Here is the new dress codes for Carnival:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dress_Attire.aspx

:)Hello Dreamtravel!

I am a frequent cruiser with Princess, as my husband is a naturalist/guest lecturer

on board. You will be fine in jean capris....except for fprmal nights. Some of the

jean capri outfits are gorgeous. I usually wear a skirt, cotton pants, or capris for

regular (informal) night dining. I never wear t-shirts with them, however. I usually

wear a nice top, sweater set, or a little jacket....depending on the climate. My silky

t-type shirts even work.....maybe with a nice necklace. It's easy to "dress up capris."

Like the other person said.....Princess has changed its ruling on denim for a while now.

Sailaway day......they accept what you have on in the dining room.....due to some

people not getting their luggage. You will see anything and everything. Most people

are nicely-attired. I wear whatever I have on for embarkation, usually a nice outfit.

My luggage has always been in my room right away. (We're very fortunate)

Happy sailing! Don't stress...just enjoy!

Joanne

Personally I wouldn't. Jeans are now acceptable now on casual nights on most lines. But still you want to war a nice blouse or top-no tee shirts with slogans and no nikes with your jeans.

Now you will see that but it is requested that you not wear the sloganed tee shirts and nikes.

Personally I wouldn't. Jeans are now acceptable now on casual nights on most lines. But still you want to war a nice blouse or top-no tee shirts with slogans and no nikes with your jeans.

Now you will see that but it is requested that you not wear the sloganed tee shirts and nikes.

I forgot the capri part. Yes most lines accept capris and even Bermuda shorts. Priobally no one would even bat an eye at jean capris-but I still feel myself, I want to be dressed nicely on casual nights, yes I wear causal clothing, but still not what I would wear to the ball park or to a picnic. I want to be dressed a notch or two above the ballpark wear. After all, a cruiseship is much nicer then the ball park.

Now understand, this is my opinion and many will not agree with me.

Archived