Serenade Hump Cabin selection

gdpups

I'm planning my first RCL cruise and have a cabin select question.

I'm booked in hump cabin 8088 (E1), which appears to have a larger balcony, but for $80 total more could switch to 9092 (D1) which also has a larger balcony but also a slightly larger cabin. Cabin 8088 faces more forward and 9092 balcony faces the aft, so given the choice which one would you pick??

Dee

Take 9092......larger cabin plus 9092 doesn't catch smoker's smoke like 8088 does.

Everyone's smoke filters down to that balcony on deck 8, you don't get none of that in 9092.

Don't worry about not being able to see straight ahead in the deck 9 balcony, doesn't matter everyone is going to get to the same port the same time:)

Jimbo:)

Had 9092 this past November.....absolutely fantastic...huge balcony, with overhang so balcony never gets overly hot....very private and adajcent to elevator lobby...very convenient location. Everyone always asks about noise and proximity to elvator....never did we any noise whatsoever. Enjoy your cruise.

Suggestion: If your going on the Souther Caribbean route an absolutely must tour is with Cosol in St Lucia. We've been sailing the Caribbean for 15 years and have never had a more enjoyable fun Island tour.

Enjoy!

There's no way to know if your cabin neighbors smokes, until you are on the ship. No matter what balcony you choose, unless it's the aft-hump, you run into the same situation of... is my cabin neighbor a smoker?

The aft-hump has no neighbor, just a beautiful glass elevator. So, on Radiance family choose D1-1056, D1-9092, E1-8102,

or E1-7108 and you won't be effected by smoke. At least that's my understanding.

We were just on the Serenade in 1056....D1...room was standard size BUT the balcony was HUGE ! We had 3 loungers, a round table and another chair and still had lots of room...VERY convenient location by the stairs and elevator and VERY quiet !!!!!!!!

We were just on the Serenade in 1056....D1...room was standard size BUT the balcony was HUGE ! We had 3 loungers, a round table and another chair and still had lots of room...VERY convenient location by the stairs and elevator and VERY quiet !!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info, we have it booked for our Feb. 09 cruise

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to see if any of those are available and not too much more $$. Is the balcony the same size?

Upgrade to Category D1 ASAP.....to either 7674 aft or 9092 midship. Both have larger balconies then what you have now.

Could be as litle as $100 total to upgrade from a Category D3 to a category D1.........The D cabins are larger then the E's also.

Jimbo:)

• 1 month later...

HI BJ....I had booked 1068 on Serenade UNTIL last night when I saw that 1558 is available. It is the twin of 1056, on the starboard side. I read someone's complaint that said it is small and they made it sound like it was small for a superior or sub-standard. How was your 1056? I stayed in a Deluxe balcony on the first cruise, so the Superior is a step up for us, and to find a "hump" superior on deck 10 means that we will get a much larger balcony. I'm dying to have a glimpse of any of those two twin cabins. Thanks a lot. All thoughts are appreciated.

SD

Archived