Here It Is Boys and Girls...New Dress Code

KenMo

My this thread sure is warm and fuzzy:p

I think both sides are going to the extreme. Those who are appalled at seeing jeans, etc in the dining room are thinking jeans and casual clothes in the cheapest, trashiest form. Despite the fact that most actually "dress" up jeans and look pretty good. I'm one of them. I've never worn any jeans frayed or with holes:rolleyes: clothing isn't meant to have holes unless you wear the heck out of it. But buying it that way, to each his own.

And then there are those who giggle at those they think look like "Titanic" folks walking in decked out to the 9s. To each his own there to. I personally dressed up for the formal nights because they were just that formal.

Now on the other nights I dressed nice.

I don't get the "this is the only time I'll ever dress really classy" sentiments. I think those that want to dress to the 9s and expect everyone else to do the same should just enjoy their city's night life and go to an elegant dinner every once in a while. Rent a yacht and dine fantastic. Cruising is relaxing, it's so understandable that when people work their asses off to pay for a couple thousand dollar cruise don't want to dress up.

And then as far as casual, most people who go to Chili's, etc are never really down right trashy. Although I have seen some women/girls who looked like they popped right out of the Dukes of Hazzard:eek: I wouldn't do that one because I get cold and two it's just like at the movies, what woman wears shorts, who knows what is on the seat

In any case, I think it's stupid for people to be sad that someone is walking in next to them in jeans and a polo.

I think it's sort of funny how the ones who seems to be the "overly dressed" ones have the most problems with it. I think I hear Cunard calling your names:p

SURFIN' BIRD

(Frazier - White - Harris - Wilson)

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird

B-b-b-bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, well the bird is the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a don't you know about the bird?

Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word!

A-well-a...

Bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Well, everybody's talking about the bird!

A-well-a bird...

Surfin' bird

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb... [retching noises]... aaah!

Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-

Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-mow

Papa-ooma-mow-mow

Papa-ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow

Ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow

Oom-oom-oom-oom-ooma-mow-mow

Papa-ooma-mow-mow, papa-oom-oom-oom

Oom-ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow

Papa-a-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow

Papa-ooma-mow-mow, ooma-mow-mow

Papa-oom-oom-oom-oom-ooma-mow-mow

Well don't you know about the bird?

[repeat to fade]

SURFIN' BIRD

(Frazier - White - Harris - Wilson)

B-b-b-bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word

A-well-a...

Bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Well, everybody's talking about the bird!

A-well-a bird...

Surfin' bird

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb... [retching noises]... aaah!

Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-

Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-mow

Papa-ooma-mow-mow

Papa-ooma-mow-mow, papa-oom-oom-oom

Oom-ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow

Papa-a-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow

Papa-oom-oom-oom-oom-ooma-mow-mow

Well don't you know about the bird?

[repeat to fade]

TOO FUNNY!

Argue/Fight and Fuss all you want. Bottom line is the change has been made. Deal with it and stop kicking each other around. If you want to wear a formal to dining room - do so. If you want to wear jeans (nice ones) on nonformal nights you can do that too. You can even wear shorts if thats what you want to do. Frankly I don't care as long as your stuff isn't hanging out. People with a little style, class and grace will be properly attired - as always. Those with out will be improperly attired - as always. If someone wants to be a slug nothing anyone on here says is going to change that anymore than anything being said on here is going to stop Bertha and Bubba from cutting you off in the buffet line in their bathing attire, dripping pool water, sweat and grundge all over every thing. None of that is going to change until Carnival (or any other cruiseline, because it happens on all of them) stops them at the door or removes them from the buffet area. There will always be people who think the rules do not apply to them and they will continue to be that way until an authority stops them. Wouldn't it be wonderful if you caught someone saving a row of seats in the auditorium and you pointed it out to a crew member and the offenders were removed and not allowed back in for that show. What are the odds - slim to zero - so result is they will continue to do that. Same holds true for chair hogs, parents that won't or can't control their kids and any other that thinks it's their vacation and the rest you can go to heXX. I really don't think a single "rule" Carnival has out there is out of line. They are based on an assumption that people are for the most part good. There are obviously those who aren't and those people should be dealt with. Not difficult. If your kids are in the adult only hot tub - get em out - period - how hard is that? If you aren't supposed to have glass containers in the hot tub - don't or you get removed. Right and wrong....sounds a little like parenting doesn't it?? But I rant...sorry.

gr

We sail on Sunday aboard Valor and after 16 cruises I can FINALLY wear my STUNNING Daisy Dukes and Midrift bearin shirt to dinner. You CANT imagine how LONG I have waited for this opportunity! Along with my stiletto heels and hair extensions I KNOW I am going to impress so many!

Now if I can just find the long hoop earrings I will be set....

We sail on Sunday aboard Valor and after 16 cruises I can FINALLY wear my STUNNING Daisy Dukes and Midrift bearin shirt to dinner. You CANT imagine how LONG I have waited for this opportunity! Along with my stiletto heels and hair extensions I KNOW I am going to impress so many!

Now if I can just find the long hoop earrings I will be set....

And what will your wife be wearing:p

Hey Sparty...is that your picture as your avatar? If so, you should change it to show off your manpris....:rolleyes:

I know that some folks on here have their knickers in an uproar :p ...some have been cruel :mad: ...some are way too serious :eek: ...but I have to say this has been one of the most fun threads I have read lately. :D

Thanks and hail to the OP!

Beer bellies, swags, halter tops with everything hanging out....PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

The new casual ?

No shoes? no shirt ?,= no service !? what if I get offended by being required to wear a shirt to formal dinner? Hey it's my vacation, I paid my fares. Those people who expect me to change out of my swim trunks are forcing their will on me..that's what !

Also I couldn't help but ponder about nudist cruisers....are we forcing our snobby will on them ? Hey..if that 300+ pound man wishes to eat his homard avec cremeux naked, who am I to judge?

I did not read all of the posts so I am not sure if this has been posted but it is my opinion and observation. I have been on RCCL and CCL. RCCL as I like to refer to was my geriatric(sp?) cruise from hell and CCL was my party ship with more people my age sailing. Formal nights on RCCL were just that formal. Carnival is so much more laid back and relaxed feeling. One clue to this being correct is that there was no hairy chest contest on RCCL or "R" rated comedy night. Just my opinion. Please don't bash me for having one.;)

To all you folks who are so "class conscious"; class is not defined by what you wear. I have seen folks in Tuxes acting like total jerks, and I've seen Jerry Springer rejects in formal gowns. I've seen Princes in jeans and Princesses in Daisy Dukes. Class is not defined by the clothes on your body. Sometimes things like income dictate whether you wear formal wear, and now, of course things like a 50 lb weight limit and one bag per person! If you truly had class you would not look down your nose at others for wearing what they are wearing. Class is being able to treat others like true ladies and gentlemen regardless of their attire. Why they are dressed the way they are is truly none of your business and a classy person wouldn't even notice.

I am no better nor am I less than anyone else. I grew up in a family that was barely above poor, yet somehow my mother was one of the classiest people I ever met and she didn't own formal gowns or furs or fancy jewelry. Most of our clothes were made by her hands, because that's what we could afford. I feel fortunate that I am able to cruise. I feel especially fortunate that I do have nice clothes. But whether I am wearing a tux or an old pair of jeans, it's still me underneath. Treat others with the same dignity you would like and it's amazing how quickly clothes just don't matter.

Now that they allow shorts, I bet a lot of people will be in ratty cut offs. :rolleyes:

you know I never see cut offs anymore at least not where we live. The kids all dress in the jean shorts or of other color but never do I see ratty looking shorts on kids or adults. I think that was a more of a 70's and 80's look.

Anyway no matter here the food still taste the same as long as no one smells bad...:p

To all you folks who are so "class conscious"; class is not defined by what you wear. I have seen folks in Tuxes acting like total jerks, and I've seen Jerry Springer rejects in formal gowns. I've seen Princes in jeans and Princesses in Daisy Dukes. Class is not defined by the clothes on your body. Sometimes things like income dictate whether you wear formal wear, and now, of course things like a 50 lb weight limit and one bag per person! If you truly had class you would not look down your nose at others for wearing what they are wearing. Class is being able to treat others like true ladies and gentlemen regardless of their attire. Why they are dressed the way they are is truly none of your business and a classy person wouldn't even notice.

I am no better nor am I less than anyone else. I grew up in a family that was barely above poor, yet somehow my mother was one of the classiest people I ever met and she didn't own formal gowns or furs or fancy jewelry. Most of our clothes were made by her hands, because that's what we could afford. I feel fortunate that I am able to cruise. I feel especially fortunate that I do have nice clothes. But whether I am wearing a tux or an old pair of jeans, it's still me underneath. Treat others with the same dignity you would like and it's amazing how quickly clothes just don't matter.

Good for you !!! Well said....;)

Amen there is a semi lively debate over in Fashion

That was MamaTene, I think...

I'm sure going to be disappointed if my most awesome Steeve Madden shoes are considered trashy...LOL!

:D

I think not!

You wear them proud.. and i will wear my hoops..

Nothing wrong with being girlie

Archived