Here It Is Boys and Girls...New Dress Code

KenMo

Was this necessary? Typical response though to someone who is afraid of change? This is a fabulous look on some men. It should not be attempted by most men, but for long buff beefcakes like myself its wonderful. BTW, my g/f loves them as well.

Also, my area of science is not going to be validated by the manpri revolution. This is a hobby. Not a profession.

Why yes....yes it was.

Trying to figure out what your line of work has to do with manpris;)

Believe me if you have read any of my posts I am all for change:D

There is just certain things that should be left alone IMO. But I think we have had this discussion before ;) But by all means Sparty rock on with your hobby:D

Why yes....yes it was.

Trying to figure out what your line of work has to do with manpris;)

Believe me if you have read any of my posts I am all for change:D

There is just certain things that should be left alone IMO. But I think we have had this discussion before ;) But by all means Sparty rock on with your hobby:D

If you have read any of my posts.. I type with my tongue firmly in my cheek most of the time. The manpri issue though is a real one. Men, do not have many choices when it comes to "bottoms" we get long or short. Women get many options. Equality! UNITY! That is my goal. It is also socially acceptable for women to wear skimpy bathing suits. Soon, men will have that same level of acceptance, because underneath my manpris will lurk another dreaded piece of manttire... the speedo, perhaps even a thong.

Was this necessary? Typical response though to someone who is afraid of change? This is a fabulous look on some men. It should not be attempted by most men, but for long buff beefcakes like myself its wonderful. BTW, my g/f loves them as well.

Also, my area of science is not going to be validated by the manpri revolution. This is a hobby. Not a profession.

OK Sparty, calm down, everyone is just having a little fun with the Manpris, and I'm sure if you are "as buff and secure in your manhood" as you say, then you won't have any problem with a little ribbing. Me thinks you better get used to it, within the next couple of weeks!;) Why I might even run out and buy DH a pair to wear on stage tonight when he plays music, and see if he can attract a bunch of "old groupies" !:D Now wouldn't that be a sight? :eek: Oh, and it did say occupation, I guess technically your hobby could be your occupation, but for the majority of the people, an occupation is not a hobby.

Ever been to Bermuda? REAL Bermuda shorts are tailored just like slacks and worn with dress shoes and a jacket. Just sayin', shorts can be nice.

Ack, shorts with dress shoes and a jacket! Men, please don't do this (even in Bermuda)!!! :eek:

Are these the manpris I've been hearing about? Somehow I thought they would be form fitting.

For all you ladies out there who have men with ugly legs (and you know who you are!) please.....don't let them wear shorts in the dining room...lol!

Shorts in the dining room begs the question....what would be the proper footwear?

That comment was pretty rude.

I say wear 'em if you like 'em! (Just a little weird to look at for the time being.)

Manpris...uh, if that's what floats your boat, no pun intended. Personally, I think their look tends to demasculinate a man. Like some ruffles on your tank top next? ;)

Not too many "manly" vibes generated...

As for wearing shorts in the dining room, give people an inch, they'll take a mile. Now that "dress" shorts are okay, don't doubt for a minute that every type of skank-ho pair of shorts will be seen parading proudly through the dining room. I'll still enjoy my meal, wear my nice clothes, and...like I do at many more public places these days...tactfully ignore whatever is presented :)

Cindy

The manpri issue though is a real one. Men, do not have many choices when it comes to "bottoms" we get long or short. Women get many options. Equality! UNITY! That is my goal. It is also socially acceptable for women to wear skimpy bathing suits. Soon, men will have that same level of acceptance, because underneath my manpris will lurk another dreaded piece of manttire... the speedo, perhaps even a thong.

Ya know I bet this is something that would never cross most mens minds;)

Manpris...uh, if that's what floats your boat, no pun intended. Personally, I think their look tends to demasculinate a man. Like some ruffles on your tank top next? ;)

Not too many "manly" vibes generated...

As for wearing shorts in the dining room, give people an inch, they'll take a mile. Now that "dress" shorts are okay, don't doubt for a minute that every type of skank-ho pair of shorts will be seen parading proudly through the dining room. I'll still enjoy my meal, wear my nice clothes, and...like I do at many more public places these days...tactfully ignore whatever is presented :)

Cindy

What exactly looks masculine on men's bottoms? If you say Khaki Docker type pants im going to soil my manpris. That is the epitome of wimpy 9-5'er middle management pushover chubbly non-manly men. Its all about perception. I am quite masculine, I ooze machismo. Im breaking down barriers. I am willing to be a martyr for this cause.

Oh dear, I just finished shopping with my 18 year old son, he kept insisting on cargo shorts with a polo for the dining room, I told him no way, there are rules, you must wear casual slacks ie: dockers for casual night and a suit for formal nights, he finally found all of the above for our cruise. I will never hear the end of it when he sees others with shorts on! Oh well I am sticking with the clothes we got him. He may choose to wear the shorts he brings for day wear around the ship to dinner though :(

Reading some of these posts, I wonder if much of your opinion depends on the weather you are used to at home. Living in FL, I have seen plenty of shorts, capri, sandal combos that look "resort casual" and nice enough for a cruise ship dining room. That is why stores like Tommy Bahama stay in business...they offer a nicer alternative for summer clothes.

Not sure the definition of beach flip flops, we will be sure to test that one as we don't own much else in the way of casual shoes.

Finally, I guess many of you didn't do much sightseeing if you have sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami....over the last few years "Manpris" have become very common there.

Reading some of these posts, I wonder if much of your opinion depends on the weather you are used to at home. Living in FL, I have seen plenty of shorts, capri, sandal combos that look "resort casual" and nice enough for a cruise ship dining room. That is why stores like Tommy Bahama stay in business...they offer a nicer alternative for summer clothes.

Not sure the definition of beach flip flops, we will be sure to test that one as we don't own much else in the way of casual shoes.

Finally, I guess many of you didn't do much sightseeing if you have sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami....over the last few years "Manpris" have become very common there.

From Miami and Ft. Lauderdale to the heart of America. The manpri will conquer. I'll be on the front lines.

Sorry, I don't care how "buff" and "manly" some of you guys may think you are, but your so-called "manpris" just look too sloppy for the dining room. This including the poster who thinks he is all that....

I think they are better suited for walking around the port, or relaxing on the ship as opposed to the dining room.

This is what happens when guidelines are loosened up a bit. People want to wear jeans to the dining room? Go ahead, as long as they are clean and without holes all over the place. But in allowing jeans to be permitted in the dining rooms...those of you who pushed this battle to victory...well now it just sounds like the old 'Give them an inch and they will want a mile' theory.

What is next?? Paper plates? Solo Cups? Bathing suits? Buffet only? How much looser are these guidelines going to get?

I dress up on my cruises, but I do it for me - not for anyone else. It makes me feel pretty, and for me...it enhances my cruise. If my tablemates come to dinner every night with jeans on, who cares? It will not detract from my enjoyment of my cruise at all. My only request is to look neat (not sloppy)...but that is just the mom in me making that request! I also have no qualms about asking my tablemates to remove their ball cap, and have never had any arguments the time or two that I asked.

It is all a matter of respect for those people with whom you are sharing a meal with...and that includes everyone in the dining room.

That too bad. I used to enjoy the dressier dinners. You could still dress up of course, but you could wear a tux to McDonalds too. You'd just be overdressed, as you will on the ship now if you dress nicely.

Should I assume the other moderate cost cruise lines are no dressier these days? Or are there affordable alternatives that don't have something equivalent to this new relaxed dress code?

Sorry, I don't care how "buff" and "manly" some of you guys may think you are, but your so-called "manpris" just look too sloppy for the dining room. This including the poster who thinks he is all that....

I think they are better suited for walking around the port, or relaxing on the ship as opposed to the dining room.

This is what happens when guidelines are loosened up a bit. People want to wear jean to the dining room? Go ahead, as long as they are clean and without holes all over the place. But in allowing jeans to be permitted in the dining rooms...those of you who pushed this battle to victory...well now it just sounds like the old 'Give them an inch and they will want a mile' theory.

What is next?? Paper plates? Solo Cups? Bathing suits? Buffet only? How much looser are these guidelines going to get?

I dress up on my cruises, but I do it for me - not for anyone else. It makes me feel pretty, and for me...it enhances my cruise. If my tablemates come to dinner every night with jeans on, who cares? It will not detract from my enjoyment of my cruise at all. My only request is to look neat (not sloppy)...but that is just the mom in me making that request! I also have no qualms about asking my tablemates to remove their ball cap, and have never had any arguments the time or two that I asked.

It is all a matter of respect for those people with whom you are sharing a meal with...and that includes everyone in the dining room.

Which is it? Respect for those you are sharing a meal with or dressing up for yourself? Must be nice to have it both ways. I say this with confidence, I AM HOT. Manpris DO NOT have to be sloppy. I have seen plenty of SLOBS dressed up in suits, tuxedos, khaki Dockers. Sloppy is about attitude, not about fabric. My attitude makes everything I wear sexy, fun and wonderful.:D :p

What exactly looks masculine on men's bottoms? If you say Khaki Docker type pants im going to soil my manpris. That is the epitome of wimpy 9-5'er middle management pushover chubbly non-manly men. Its all about perception. I am quite masculine, I ooze machismo. Im breaking down barriers. I am willing to be a martyr for this cause.

If you're talking casualwear in general, then probably just about anything except a piece of clothing where you have to do a double take to see if it's a guy or girl wearing it. For cruise casualwear, yes my hubby likes Dockers ;) but then again he wears them well :D

If you're talking all clothing as a whole, to me nothing looks as nice as a man in a nice well-fitting suit with a splash of color in the shirt/tie. So that means no suits from the 70's, no suits jackets where the buttons look like they would pop out if buttoned, etc., etc. Most any man can be fitted properly for a suit, think of all the paunchy movie stars that look smashing in their suits/tuxes--Don't be misled by the manpris--they're contaminating your mind :eek:

Cindy

I think it is great to have the other options. After all, I am on vacation. But now that I have already purchased a formal and DH a Tux :mad: guess we will go with the flow 1 night.

This new dress code is not supposed to take place until 05/19/08....I see you're sailing in 22 days.

I haven't looked but others say it's on Carnival's website already. So....who knows??

That too bad. I used to enjoy the dressier dinners. You could still dress up of course, but you could wear a tux to McDonalds too. You'd just be overdressed, as you will on the ship now if you dress nicely.

Should I assume the other moderate cost cruise lines are no dressier these days? Or are there affordable alternatives that don't have something equivalent to this new relaxed dress code?

Off topic but do you happen to live in Florida, I have a friend who's nickname is earthworm and his real name is Jim lol

Archived