Adventure Family Stateroom?

Has anyone stayed in a family stateroom? How crowded is it? Is there any privacy for adults/kids - how well is the area divided? Thanks! We are considering this for Adventure of the Seas. Another option would be a balcony room for us and the three kids across the hall in an inside.

The family ocean views on deck 8 have a nice floorplan--have one booked for an upcoming Mariner trip, and I believe the cabins on the AOS are the same.

Here is a link to someone's webshot photos---Karenvm5---she stayed in the fov on the Mariner and posted some great shots of the cabin.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2844262540101217580BJlGsw

I think it's a great choice for families with more than 2 young children, who would still like a bit of privacy. You have to call RCI to book or get pricing, it won't show up online.

Can't give you price comparisons, but I'd rather have 2 connecting rooms--that way, privacy is absolute! If you can get a balcony with a connecting inside...all the better--the kids don't need their own balcony and the inside is cheaper!

We stayed in a family oceanview on the Mariner similar to the pictures in the previous post. There is a bedroom area (don't remember if it's a door or curtain separating it), living area with sofabed and a closet like area with 2 bunk beds. Plenty of room. We're sailing on the Adventure next month and opted for separate rooms this time. The family oceanview was more expensive for us than getting 2 rooms, but that may have been because we booked it close to sailing time and there wasn't much selection left. You'll need to check out all options in your situation to find the best deal. The family oceanview we stayed in did not have a balcony, but had a few windows which face directly in front of the ship.

Thanks for the info. Just looking at the pictures. The Family room would be $3,500 and the two rooms - a balcony for us and indoor for the kids would be $4,000 so.... Options for family of five can be limited. I'm still looking at the different cruises - looking at Adventure, Serenade, Liberty and Freedom. Adventure is the best price but the flight to San Juan is an add on!

I booked! We decided to go with the two rooms. A balcony and the kids room across the hall. Our kids are 14, 12 and 8 so if the 8 year old wants to spend the night on our sleeper sofa that would work too... I just started thinking about all of sharing a bathroom and.... also DD kept asking when I showed her the pictures if there was an extra tv in there for the kids! So, we are booking this for the rockwall and skating rink and she is wondering about the television! :) For a difference of $500 it will be nice to have our privacy and the additional bathrooms! Plus, the balcony. Really looking forward to that. Thanks all for the input! Still feel we got a great price and excited about the trip!

Archived