Kontiki Beach Club

Got2Cruise

icon_cool.gifHas anyone gone to the Kontiki Beach club lately? We are planning to go here in July if people still recommend it as a place with a nice beach and facilities.

Got2Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;7;11;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

till we sail ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS,

• 5 weeks later...

We were at the Kontiki Beach Club on our AOS cruise in March. We took a cab there...I think it was $12 cabfare for 4 of us. I believe they charged $5 per person to get in which basically gave you a lounge chair. There was straw tiki huts with tables under them if you want shade. It was a nice clean sandy beach that wasn't crowded when we were there. There was a bar on the beach and there was waiters/waitresses walking up and down the beach for your drink orders. You could also order food from them. We went to the restaurant and had burgers and salads. The area was done up nice.....tables and benches up on decks but they were very, very secluded.....lots and lots of tropical foliage surrounding each private table.....it was wonderful !!! We had a really great day here and would recommend it. We had told our cab driver what time to pick us up and he was there, but if you don't want to do that there were plenty of cab drivers waiting there. Have fun !! :cool:

Beachlovergirl, How long did it take you to get to the beach by taxi? We were thinking about doing the snorkle excursion with the ship in the morning, then going to the beach after a quick lunch on the ship. Do you think that we would have enough time for both?

beachlovergirl .... THANKS for all of the info! Gosh, you are making us want to go to Kontiki Beach Club instead of the beach at the Seaquarium!

Do you happen to have the address of Kontiki Beach Club or some sort of idea of where it's located? I'd love to be able to find it on my Curacao map.

(Not having any luck getting the address on an Internet Search).

All help is very much appreciated!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Would love to know if you guys did this and what you thought. Sounds like a perfect day for my group when we sail AOS in January!!

Hope you had a great cruise....can't wait to hear!

Hey, just want to give you a quick 411 on the Kontiki Beach Club. First off, the place is absolutely gorgeous, just like a fancy resort. We took a cab there, which was $12 each way, and there was a $3.00 admission. We arrived after lunch because we spent the a.m. in town, went back to the ship had lunch, and then went to the beach. Even though there were people on the ship's excursion Curacao Beach Break there (they paid more than $3.00 each) we had no problem gathering up three lounge chairs and placing them under a palm tree for shade. There is a restaurant, and bar service right to your lounge chair if you chose. The sun is very very strong in Aruba and Curacao, it is really impossible to be out in the sun for an entire day. The people who arrived around 10 a.m. started leaving around 1 or 2. The bathrooms were clean, and there is a changing area to change into dry clothes.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Info!! Exactly what I needed to know. This sounds exactly like what we are looking for. We might need a nice comfy spot on the beach to finish recovering from the Pub Crawl in Aruba!! :D:D:D

Ok, the Kontiki Beach Club is next to Seaquarium Beach, which is also known as Mambo Beach. When we were there the Kontiki Beach Club was not crowded, but Seaquarium Beach was very crowded!

BeachloverGirl, When you say it is next to the Seaquarium Beach do you mean that you can walk to it from the Seaquarium? We wanted to go to the Seaquarium and planned to go to Mambo Beach after that but this sounds better!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived