How many days do I plan to REALLY see Universal and Island of Adventure.

I think you'll need 2 days for Universal--lines and crowds can really cut into the actual time you have! You don't want to have to "pick and choose" and end up missing out on things you would have liked to have seen! I haven't been to Island of Adventure, so I can't tell you about that one!

I don't know about the express passes, but I would say at least one day per park. A day and a half would be preferable.

It also depends on the type of admission you get - 1 day/1 park, multiple days/1 park (per day), etc.

We did Universal in FL probably 10 years ago, and needed two days to see it all to our satisfaction. Don't know about the other place.

But then, we did Universal in CA a few years later, bought the VIP pass, and it was worth every penny. Saw everything and then some in one day.

If you've never been before, allow at least 1 day for each park. I'd recommend 3 days, one day for each, and one day to revisit the highlights in both.

It shouldn't cost you any more more money besides parking to do more days. Universal usually has special going where if you buy your tickets online IN ADVANCE, for the price of a 2 day, 2 park pass (around $85/90), they'll extend it to 7 days unlimited admission, both parks. You get a bit more of a break on that with a AAA discount, too.

Don't miss Spiderman(Islands) or the Mummy(Universal). They are both outstanding and very unusual rides.

It can be done in 2 days without missing anything, if you buy the express passes. I don't think it can be done without the express passes. Unless you're going in the off-season. We went the 1st day without the express passes and you could wait up to an hour in each line - that doesn't allow you to very much and in our family, waiting in line seems to make everybody grouchy! So we bought the express passes on the 2nd day and hit everything we missed on day 1. Especially if you're there in July or the summer - hot hot hot! The express passes are expensive, but IMO they're worth it. Have fun! I've been there twice and would like to get back again someday soon, only now after just completing my 1st cruise, all vacations will be on a cruise for the foreseeable future!

You will get front of the line automatically if you stay on site. Your friends can buy express passes so you can all stay together. 3 days would allow you to see everything. 2 days would allow you to see the best of both parks. The other poster mentioned www.disboards.com that is just like this site and they will answer any questions you have about the parks. Just go to the Universal boards. Spiderman and the Mummy that the other poster mentioned are both great rides. My kids also loved Jurasic Park, Men in Black and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges.

You will get front of the line automatically if you stay on site. Your friends can buy express passes so you can all stay together. 3 days would allow you to see everything. 2 days would allow you to see the best of both parks. The other poster mentioned www.disboards.com that is just like this site and they will answer any questions you have about the parks. Just go to the Universal boards. Spiderman and the Mummy that the other poster mentioned are both great rides. My kids also loved Jurasic Park, Men in Black and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges.

Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges is the wettest ride in the entire known universe. Prepare to be drenched.icon10.gif

Like others have been saying it really depends on when you're going and what you like to do. If you want to do every ride and attraction, or really like Roller Coasters I could see you needing three days total.

Staying onsite you use your roomkeys for the Universal Express Pass. Yes you could hand them off to someone else, but I'm not going to advocate that. You can also purchase passes as well.

If you're looking for a nice place to eat in the parks, Mythos is a great restaurant in Islands of Adventure.

Disboards focuses more on Disney. Themeparkreview.com has a lot of info on all parks.

Living in Florida and having teenagers we have all agreed on 3 days! Get a park hopper pass so you can spend one day at each and then go back to both the 3rd day for things you missed or want to do again. Also, stay on property and your room key will serve as a go to the head of the line pass!! You can literally walk from one to the other.

Enjoy the parks and your cruise!!

As others have said, to see both parks and do EVERYTHING it can be done in one day per park IF you have the express pass.

Last June we did one night in one of the universal hotels so had the express pass included. We stayed in an offsite hotel the night before, got up early and was at the hotel by 8. We couldn't check into our room, but did get all of our passes. We were at the gates when they opened the first day, did the first park until about 1, went to put our stuff in the room, hung at the pool about 2 hours and had lunch, then went to the second park which we were at just about until they closed.

The following day, DH and the kids went back and did the rides they liked best at BOTH parks first thing in the AM, and were back at the hotel by 11:30 so that we could get to Port Canaveral for our cruise. While it was a go go go day and half, we did get to do EVERYTHING we wanted. Without the express passes there was no way it could have been done. With the lines we saw, without the pass it would have been at least twice as long.

If you stay on one of their properties your room key IS your express pass as other posters said. And it gives you unlimited times to go through that line for each attraction. The Express Pass you can purchase, yes is expensive but worth it if you don't stay on site, you only get to go through that line/atraction ONE time. Room keys only have your name and the dates it is valid so letting someone else use would be doable if you choose. Another option we've done at times is get in the single rider line as it is shorter and moves faster. You may not all get to ride together but may still ride at the same time, just in a different row or car.

If your children are small and you do all the kiddy things, shows, etc you will need more time.

We love both parks and you will have a great time!

I've been to both of these twice within the past 6 years. Both times, we did BOTH in one day with the express passes. It made for a long day but did Island of Adventure up until about 12:30 then got lunch and went over to Universal until the end of the day (Going as soon as the parks open helps with lines, crowding, etc.). It can really be done in one day as long as you don't plan on going on all the rides. We got alot of things accomplished though and didn't feel like we missed anything. It may be worth noting that we did this on a week day and had no children with us.

Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges is the wettest ride in the entire known universe. Prepare to be drenched.icon10.gif

OMG no kidding!! I think I could have taken a shower in my clothes and had been less wet. :p

Since you are staying onsite, I think 2 full days are enough with the VIP but if you prefer frequent breaks and want to enjoy the hotel pool and such, go 3 days. Enjoy!!

If time is an issue you can do it in two days, 1 for each park if you go when it opens to closing.... We also do three days, so we don't hurry in the morning to get there. It's more of a relaxing trip and not so stressed as trying to get it all in two days.. the first time I went we did it in two and now always do the three days.....even with staying onsite. Besides, you will need time to dry off after Bluto's water ride !!!!

Dear Catherine,

I never write anything but once you mention Universal it made me want to write. I am such a trip planner I love traveling. You need at least a day at each park. I actually made it a week long vacation a few years ago - giving one day at Wet N Wild & 1 day at Sea World (NOT a FAN). Anyway, stay on property because it's worth every penny you spend extra for the room because your room key acts as a fast pass & you bypass the lines. I know people that actually had paid a week at a time share & ended up staying on property because each line could be 1 hour or more. With the room key my longest wait ever was maybe 20 minutes and most were only 5 minutes. I have stayed at Hard Rock 3 times & loved it every time - pool is great & the people that work there have a great attitude. Anyway, if you decide to stay longer than 2 nights buy your tickets online from universal - a five day pass (which allows you to go to both parks as much as you want) is less than a two day pass. A combination of on premises & online tickets is a win win win. Having some extra time instead of 2 days will allow you to relax at the pool too. City Walk which you also have free admission to is great at night - lots going on.

Well have fun - all my memories are great.

We also noticed the Express Pass lines are much shorter in the late afternoon/evening as the pass only allows you head of line priviledges one time so most people have done it early on. With your room key it is unlimited so you can get to the park a little later and even if crowded those lines tend to be shorter as the day wears on.

We stayed at Hard Rock once too and it was great. Great pool area! If you stay at any of the 3 hotels on property you can use any of the pools.

We will be taking a summer trip on the Sovereign. We are trying to plan our before and after trip. I have no idea how many days I need to plan for Island of Adventure and Universal. One day for each or two?

One day for each is plenty!

One day for each will be plenty.

I would plan at least two for each unless you're staying at one of the park hotels. You get priority in all of the ride lines. It is awesome. You don't have

to get a ticket or anything. You just show them your room key and you get

in a special line. We have done this twice. The Portofino Hotel is great. Have

fun.

Archived