Dr. Pepper on Legend of the Seas?

Hi,

My 14 yr old is a Dr. Pepper fanatic. We'll be taking a Med cruise on Legend of the Seas in July and I know they offer Coke products but wondered if Dr. Pepper is offered as well.

And if not, does RCI have rules forbidding bringing soda on board? We'll be staying in Rome pre-cruise so hopefully can pick up a 12-pack at a local market. For myself, I prefer caffeine-free Diet Coke and would like to bring some as well.

Of course this is assuming I can find both products in Rome, not to mention in 12 packs as well :cool:

Thanks in advance for your input!

Doubtful they will have Dr. Pepper on board.

Yes, you can bring your own soda. Good luck finding Dr. Pepper in Europe. Also, they don't sell "diet coke" as we know it in the US. They have "coke light", which for a diet coke lover, tastes very different. Unsure whether they sell a non-caffeine version in Italy.

Haven't been to Rome in a few years, but back then they didn't have 12 packs like we have.

Some people have reported being able to get caffeine free diet coke in the cans on some RCCL ships. I have never personally seen it, but it can't hurt to ask and you might get lucky.

The coke products on the ship in Europe are typically bottled (or canned) in Europe. If you go to Coke's Italy website you see they have Coke, Coke Light, Caffeine free Coke and Coke Zero. The cans are not 12 oz. like in the US but either 330 ml or 375 ml. If you are on a cruise shortly after the ship leaves a US port, they may have US soda left over.

No Dr. Pepper, no Mr Pibb - much to my Dr Pepper loving daughter's dismay....just Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite.

Ughhh, he's not gonna like this news.

Oh well, two weeks without Dr. Pepper is a small price to pay for a wonderful Med cruise! ;)

Isn't Mr. Pibb the "Coke" product? They may have that. (I think it taste like prune juice!!)

That's pretty funny considering most people don't know one of the "flavors" in both Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb is in fact prune juice. Who woulda thunk? :p

To the OP . . . I too am a huge Dr Pepper fan and I did find it during my visit to London several years ago, so you might get lucky and find it in Italy pre-cruise. Based on what I've read on these boards, you shouldn't have any trouble bringing it on board with you.

Good luck, and have a great cruise!!

Deborah

Archived