Reggie's Cave Tubing - Payment Questions

lorilou

Myself and 3 others are going to Belize on the EOS in January. We've decided to do the cave tubing with Reggie. I've been in contact with him by email and have some questions for those of you who've already done his tour.

His emails said that he no longer reserves spots without at least a partial payment (due to a high number of no shows, I don't blame him at all). We have the choice of paying $15 to reserve our spots or if we pay in full we get a $55 special price.

But how should we pay? I'm not comfortable emailing him a credit card payment. He also states that we can call him (or he'll call us) - but is it safe to give a credit card number over the phone? Otherwise we can mail a check. What have others done????

Thanks for your help..

Reggie has been doing private Cave Tubing tours for more than six years. He started by working for someone else and decided to go it on his own. He employs mostly family and friends of his children whom are 18yrs. old or older. I would give him a credit card deposit. If $10 is an important savings for you, then charge the full amount. If you don't make it to Belize due to port cancelation and not just change of heart, and he does put the charge through in advance of your tour, you always have your credit card company to defend your issue that you did not purchase the service. His reputation depends on word of mouth especially through the internet. He will not risk his business. You know how fast negative information can fly on-line. Enjoy your day with Reggie. Do wear canvas sneakers or Teva style sandals as the walk is about 30-45 minutes. Aqua shoes don't provide enough support. Wear a t-shirt too that will cover your underarm area to reduce rubber burn from paddling.

Bon Voyage

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick note to bump this up, and let everyone know that we booked through Reggie and would recommend it to anyone ---- friendly and knowledgeable guides, comfortable vans, beautiful scenery, just an overall great time. We paid in advance by credit card for the reduced rate and had no problem at all. I agree that your credit card company will always intercede for you if necessary, and Reggie is not likely to jeopardize the good business he's got going. Here's the link:http://www.regtour.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Lorilou,

We are also going to be on the EOS in January.

I wrote to Reggie this morning however because it appears that his excursion leaves at 9am and we don't arrive until 9am. At least I THINK that's when he leaves. The same thing with Marvin at Wet and Wild. (Those are the 2 companies we are considering). I'm really hoping that our later arrival (other companies ships seem to arrive earlier than RCCL's do) doesn't leave us out of luck!

Archived