New to Princess and considering Caribbean Princess

queenteacher

We were on the CB in January - on the Dolphin deck, uncovered balcony mini-suite - and we loved it. We didn't even notice that we had neighbors after the first day on board. We felt like we had privacy. We loved the uncovered balcony as we were able to sun on the balcony.

We are going again the the CB in 17 days! On one of the Caribbean Samplers they put in for the time of the cancelled drydock. We are so excited to be sailing on her again. We had the time of our lives - hands down, best vacation EVER!

Hope you have fun on the CB - you won't be disappointed.

The mini suites on the Emerald deck are covered. E731 starboard and E730 portside have larger balconies. If you go to Google and put in Caribbean Princess E731 you will get several sites from Webshots that have pictures of that cabin and the larger balcony. This helped us to select our cabin on Crown. Hope this helps.

I have a cabin on hold and need advice pretty quick!

Baha Deck - Aft Cabin - 750

I am told that it is completely covered and no one above can see it.

I am also told the balcony is 11 x 8.5 feet

If you have stayed in this cabin...let me know what you thought!

I can also get 752 on the Caribe Deck. I am told this is also fully covered and the balcony is 9 x 10.

I wold love your input!

What is the view from the back on these decks?!

Thanks!

I have a cabin on hold and need advice pretty quick!

Baha Deck - Aft Cabin - 750

I am told that it is completely covered and no one above can see it.

I am also told the balcony is 11 x 8.5 feet

If you have stayed in this cabin...let me know what you thought!

I can also get 752 on the Caribe Deck. I am told this is also fully covered and the balcony is 9 x 10.

I wold love your input!

What is the view from the back on these decks?!

Thanks!

That cabin B750 has a beam in the middle of the balcony which some people complain about being in the way. I would change it to C752.....FAST! This is a corner cabin, only one neighbor to the side of you and very, very quiet.

We love the Caribbean Princess and have saild on her several times. We have booked a balcony room, a mini-suite and a full suite. If money is not an issue, I would book the mini over the balcony anyday.

The ship is beautiful and well maintained....and the Captain is very nice.

Enjoy your trip :D

CB "secret" tips: If you really want to see a show badly, go to the early show 30 minutes early. If it is full then go to the next show 30 minutes early. This is the only ship that we have ever been on that often had no seats left. This is not meant as a criticism, but it's good information to know.

Also, if you don't want to wait for a table in anytime dining, go before 7 or after 8:30. You can even get a table for 2 easily, especially in the palm dining room that is aft.

There are egg crate mattress toppers available if you would like, and you can request bath robes on the princess website personalizer.

There is free champagne at the after dinner party on one formal night, and yes, you can have seconds (or thirds).

The tap water tastes great, so fill up some water bottles and cool them in your fridge.

I can identify with you relative to the large back corner balconies on Carnival. Our first cruise ever was on the Carnival Legend out of Tampa last June and we splurged and took a back starboard 220 square foot balcony suite for about he same price as a Princess mini-suite. Great room, but Carnival doesn't have anytime dining and we had a very bad dining experience with traditional dinining on that ship.

Our second cruise was on the Caribbean Princess. Lovely ship and we fell in love with anytime dining. We have moved 11 times in our 40 years of marriage so we are not shy, quiet folks. We like to meet new people and enjoy the varied conversation of new folks each night. I have a cousin in Naples, FL who just came back from an NCL "freestyle" voyage who vowed never again! They are very nice people but very quiet and reserved. Meeting new folks every night is somewhat uncomfortable for them.

A secret of the Carribean Princess is that, unlike the other "Grand" class ships, the two anytime dining rooms are split One in the Coral Dining room on deck six aft and the other on deck 5 mid-ships. The traditional dining on the CB is on deck six mid-ships. On the others in the Grand class the aft dining room on deck six is called the Botticelli dining room. The aft dining room is hard to find. It only can be reached via the aft elevators or stairs. On this class of ships, the galley is set between the aft dining room and the mid-ships dining room and there is no passage on deck six for passengers from mid-ships to aft or vice-versa. Therefore on the CB most folks on anytime dining wind up in the Island dining room on deck 5. As a result it is very, very easy to just show up at the Coral dining room and be seated right away, even on a full ship. On a seven day Eastern Caribbean we never waited ever once to go to dinner on the entire cruise.

Our experience with spirits has been that Princess frowns on hard liquor being brought on board. I have talked with folks who have done a flim flam showing one bottle and backpacking another, but frankly for $20 bucks of booze, why take a chane of getting a one way back via air.

Wine is another story. Princess tells you you can bring one bottle on board per person. They don't say what size bottle. I gather if you needed a lift truck it might pass. Ths same rule also applies at various ports, but there seems to be some confusion among the security folks. I spoke at length with a three stripe security officer and his take was that wine and chapagne were fine with him but no booze. I have brought wine on board at interim stops with no problems but had to show the princess patters for that day to a wise acre security guy who wanted to take my wine. The patters for that day, and now it seems to be for all port days, says "no liquor, but wine and champagne can ber brought on board".

For the most part, you hardly know there are 3,000 other souls on the CB. The Horizon Court buffet can be a bottleneck, but that is a quirk of the ship class. We found out that the Horizon Court on the Coral Princess was, for some reason, easier to negotiate.

If you are an adult, like the buffet for breakfast and lunch and want the rear adult pool or the higher level hot tubs or the Skywalkers lounge on deck 18/19 aft then book a cabin towards the aft elevators. If you have kids in tow, stay mid=ships.

Good Luck

Not sure if this is an issue or not. The most private mini-suite balconies on a Grand Class ship are the most rearward port and starbord cabins. There is a row of 5 or 6 mini-suites at the extereme aft end of the ship. They look great, but I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in them as they are all directly over the Club Fusion on the CB newer ships and the Vista Lounge on other older Grand Class Ships.

I would assme there could be many vibrations coming though the floor and not all of the would be good vibrations.

A secret of the Carribean Princess is that, unlike the other "Grand" class ships, the two anytime dining rooms are split One in the Coral Dining room on deck six aft and the other on deck 5 mid-ships. The traditional dining on the CB is on deck six mid-ships. On the others in the Grand class the aft dining room on deck six is called the Botticelli dining room. The aft dining room is hard to find. It only can be reached via the aft elevators or stairs. On this class of ships, the galley is set between the aft dining room and the mid-ships dining room and there is no passage on deck six for passengers from mid-ships to aft or vice-versa. Therefore on the CB most folks on anytime dining wind up in the Island dining room on deck 5. As a result it is very, very easy to just show up at the Coral dining room and be seated right away, even on a full ship. On a seven day Eastern Caribbean we never waited ever once to go to dinner on the entire cruise.

Is the ship still set up like this? That would be great as I can imagine because the Coral is out of the way, there would really be no wait, especially after an event like the captain's welcome party in the atrium. After it is over, there is usually a bum rush for the dining rooms. If we just head directly to the Coral instead of the others, we'll get seated quicker. Very good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Not sure if this is an issue or not. The most private mini-suite balconies on a Grand Class ship are the most rearward port and starbord cabins. There is a row of 5 or 6 mini-suites at the extereme aft end of the ship. They look great, but I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in them as they are all directly over the Club Fusion on the CB newer ships and the Vista Lounge on other older Grand Class Ships.

I stayed in E728 on the Star, it is the very last mini with the extra long balcony. We loved the cabin, no vibration, once in a while heard music (big band) from the lounge below or the bass kind thumping, but it did not bother us at all.

It was a little bit of a walk to everywhere though... but we needed the exercise. I have some pics of this cabin on my website.

[quote name='Walyo']

[/quote]

[quote name='C&F']Is the ship still set up like this? That would be great as I can imagine because the Coral is out of the way, there would really be no wait, especially after an event like the captain's welcome party in the atrium. After it is over, there is usually a bum rush for the dining rooms. If we just head directly to the Coral instead of the others, we'll get seated quicker. Very good to know. Thanks for the heads up.[/quote]The above poster has the dining rooms all mixed up. Traditional dining room is the "Island" The Coral and Palm dining rooms are the anytime dining. It is the [B]Palm[/B] dining room that is on deck 6 aft that is only accessible through the aft elevators.

Archived