Formal Night

kkbay

This is our tenth cruise. We will be on the Tahitian Princess. Have been on everything from Carnival to Crystal. Tired of lugging the formal wear. We've decided that Tahiti is NOT the place to wear a tux, therefore hubby isn't even bringing a jacket and tie. If we have to eat in our rooms, so be it! We leave tomorrow and I'll let everyone know how we fared.:D Has anyone else left the tux at home on this cruise? Please let me know.

The only time my DH wears a tux (usually) is at the formal dinner on the ships, but it's entirely up to him if he wants to pack it for Tahiti or not. I'm usually pretty hard nosed about him at least wearing a suit for formal night, especially if I have to dress up as well.

The last time we did this itinerary we saw more tuxes than we'd ever seen before - it was pretty crazy. Your husband would be fine with a sports jacket, but if he doesn't even want to do that, you always have the buffet and, as you said, room service.

Have an incredible cruise! Wish I was leaving tomorrow!

Charlie

We were on this ship in Feburary. No Tux is required!! We saw plenty of suits and sportsjackets with dockers. There was one guy who stuck out and that is because he had on a plaid (red and blue no less) short sleeved shirt WITH a tie and no jacket. :eek: They had no problem with letting him in the dining room. Quiet honestly, the food was pretty poor compared to the other cruises I have been on and the service was equally disappointing. If you get turned away, go relax in your room and have a pizza delivered!!

I agree with Scarley. On two TP cruises in Feb., my rough count was 10-15% of males had tuxes at the early dinner seating. Vast majority wore jacket and tie or just a sport jacket. On the last formal nite, we enjoyed the Pizza Cafe with 20 other passengers.

Personally, I think its silly to lug a tux to Polynesia. If you enjoy formal dress, go for it. But if you don't, you will be perfectly fine.

Just disembarked--lots of tuxes!!!!!--on our 2nd TP trip--last May we left formal wear at home and decided to eat in our room--we had a full suite so we could order lobster or whatever--think it was a mistake not bringing formal wear--so brought it this last time and was glad-at least you have a choice

I don't understand the lugging around everyone talks about--with 2 large suitcases each you should have everything you need--including formal wear

Nancy:D

a tux makes EVERY man look hot!!!!

Dianne

Ya especially my husband... you should see the sweat dripping off his nose when he wears his tux....

oh.. you probalby didn't mean that kind of hot....:eek:

Archived