alcohol packages?

mmp13

Is it possible to order alcohol packages to have in the stateroom on princess cruises. they are available on HAL and Celebrity but I could not find any info on princess website.

Up until sometime last year, Princess did offer the alcohol and mixer packages as one package. But found out about six months ago that now you have to order the soda seperately as they don't come as a package anymore on Princess. The gift section at Princess.com is located here: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/services/gifts/index.jsp where you can see a list of the 375 ML bottles (largest you can order now too) and the soda packages. Look under Princess Cellars for the list.

The cruise answer book that comes with your luggage tags has a larger list, with several more brands and items, then is listed on the Princess website.

Until Princess goes back to it's old policy of letting you buy a bottle at retail prices, I will be sneaking my grey goose and single malt scotch on in my luggage. It's a pain and I would prefer to pay princess versus the retail shop at port but I am not going to drink that stuff in the 375 ml bottles and I am not going to go to the bar and bring a drink back to my cabin each time I want one. . I guess Princess has reviewed the liquor profit since they stopped selling retail bottles and found it is up but they are losing money on me. Just one man's opinion.

Until Princess goes back to it's old policy of letting you buy a bottle at retail prices, I will be sneaking my grey goose and single malt scotch on in my luggage. It's a pain and I would prefer to pay princess versus the retail shop at port but I am not going to drink that stuff in the 375 ml bottles and I am not going to go to the bar and bring a drink back to my cabin each time I want one. . I guess Princess has reviewed the liquor profit since they stopped selling retail bottles and found it is up but they are losing money on me. Just one man's opinion.

Amen to that:rolleyes:

We were on a carnival cruise not too long ago, and brought aborad some vodka, only to find out that the gift shop sold quite a selection of liquor at normal prices.

Does Princess do that? If so are they extremely expensive or just slightly more than what you would find at home?

We were on a carnival cruise not too long ago, and brought aborad some vodka, only to find out that the gift shop sold quite a selection of liquor at normal prices.

Does Princess do that? If so are they extremely expensive or just slightly more than what you would find at home?

No, princess does not sell liquor for your cabin. Only sales to be delivered to your room on the last night. Room service sells 3.75 (very small bottles) for around three times the price you can buy at home. That is why we put plastic bottles in ziploc bags in our checked luggage:rolleyes:

Jan

You would think at the very lest if Princess is going to force us to pack our own liquor they could provide top quality carrying devices that don't leak with are boarding passes and luggage tags..... Or and I know this is outside the box thinking :rolleyes: they could bring back the policy of allowing you to purchase a bottle of your choice at a retail price again. They would make money we would be happy and no one would have to sneak or leak.

Or and I know this is outside the box thinking :rolleyes: they could bring back the policy of allowing you to purchase a bottle of your choice at a retail price again. They would make money we would be happy and no one would have to sneak or leak.

I don't think that is outisde the box at all.

It used to be so convenient to pick up the phone and call room service and order a liter of your favorite libation at market price. I did that on every cruise.:D

I've never been one to load up on duty free liquor and then have to wrestle it home worrying over breakage.

Mike:)

Archived