5th person in a cabin question

brookiepoo

Hello everyone,

I have a question, my aunt is booking a cruise and there are 5 people in her family who will all be in the same cabin, here are a breakdown of their ages (it might be important)

Mom -40-ish

Dad - 40-isn

Whitney - 13

Lindsey - 11

Collin - 4

Now my question is, will they have to book a specific "kind" of cabin for 5 people to stay in one cabin (I know that specific ones that have two uppers and they move a cot thing in - - I've been there and done that before and when I did we were all adults) but I wasn't sure. All the quotes she has gotten before have only had a quote for a 3rd and 4th person which doesn't sound right to me becuase there are 5 of them. Can you guys help me out. I don't have children so I've never travelled with them (especially at the age of 4) I wasn't sure if these rooms were all located in a specific place on the ship.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated!

Thanks

I believe Coast Guard regulations say you can only have four in a cabin in ships build after xxx date...Fantasy class ships have some cabins for five, and were grandfathered to allow them to keep that. There might be one or two others. Someone else will give you a more complete answer. EM

Hello everyone,

I have a question, my aunt is booking a cruise and there are 5 people in her family who will all be in the same cabin, here are a breakdown of their ages (it might be important)

Mom -40-ish

Dad - 40-isn

Whitney - 13

Lindsey - 11

Collin - 4

Now my question is, will they have to book a specific "kind" of cabin for 5 people to stay in one cabin (I know that specific ones that have two uppers and they move a cot thing in - - I've been there and done that before and when I did we were all adults) but I wasn't sure. All the quotes she has gotten before have only had a quote for a 3rd and 4th person which doesn't sound right to me becuase there are 5 of them. Can you guys help me out. I don't have children so I've never travelled with them (especially at the age of 4) I wasn't sure if these rooms were all located in a specific place on the ship.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated!

Thanks

I am pretty sure that the cabin only sleeps 4, but you may want to call Carnival and ask. I have many friends with 5 in their families and they always end up booking 2 cabins. Hope this helps.:)

I must be blind but which ship is your aunt booking? I cant see it.

We have 3 going on a couple of cruises and booked two 1As. I need my privacy. Unless its a huge savings I wouldnt book 5 into a cabin unless the savings was significant. Even if its a older ship that allows 5, I would price it both ways. 1 cabin vs. 2 cabins.

Carnival does have some ships that allow 5. It is two twins that can be joined, two pullmans that pull down and a roll away, in most cases. I have seen pictures that have a sofa bed instead of the fold downs. Do a search in this section or the cruising with famiies section for 5 in cabin. We talked about it in the last couple weeks and pictures were posted. Most on line sites will not allow you to book 5. You need to do it through carnival directly I believe. When I priced it there was signifigant saving to do 5 in a room instead of two cabins. But man, it would be so tight. One bathroom!!! I would only do it for a short cruise. Als the rooms that canhold 5 book early. Good Luck to your aunt.

Ships that will accomodate 5 to a cabin are:

Holiday

Celebration

Fantsy

Ectasy

Sensation

fascination

Imagination

Inspiration

Elation

Paradise

Destiny

Triumph

Victory

I undestand that you need to book a quad bed cabin... and they will wheel in a 5th bed.

Best of luck. :)

I undestand that you need to book a quad bed cabin... and they will wheel in a 5th bed.

Yep. We are a family of 5. We booked 1 cabin on our first 2 cruises and 2 cabins for our next 2. The one cabin was fine when the kids were younger. You just have to be organized. 2 cabins is wonderful for the bathroom alone....:p

I have sailed several times with 5 in a cabin. Two adults and three teenagers. Not a problem. It could be if you don't get a long but we do. Never had an issue with the bathroom. quite a few of the ships let you have 5 to a room. they are the older ships though.

Sometimes you will see a class called "family" and they usually will accommodate 5. I have found that you need to check the price of one cabin with 5 and then two cabins. Our last cruise when I was booking the cost for pass. 3 and 4 was actually higher than the first 2.... go figure. So we ended up with 2 cabins side by side and with it being me and wife and 2 daughters I was real happy with 2 bathrooms.

The cabins that hold 5 are likely to be in a higher cat. than a cabin that holds 2 so the difference could be big.

Regarding the list that was posted:

Holiday

Celebration

Fantsy

Ectasy

Sensation

fascination

Imagination

Inspiration

Elation

Paradise

Destiny

Triumph

Victory

We just booked a cabin (BL Guar) for five (2 adults, 4 children) on the Victory. I am not sure about the above list because when I spoke a few times with Carnival, they always pointed me to the Triumph or the Victory when I said we where 5, even if I said I was open to any departure port or ship. I think some other ships on that list may have cabin that can hold 5, but they were the family staterooms and a lot more $$$. I also have the feeling that Carnival would much prefer that you book 2 cabins that having a cabin for five - so that is why they may have started refusing 5 on many ships that were still grandfathered. I have seen that done many times with hotels that will do all they can to make you book 2 rooms instead of a rollaway - even if local laws permit more than 4 to a room.

Hope that will help. For us, we love being with our kids and we could not pay for two cabins, so five in a cabin is the way to go for us !!!

Regarding the list that was posted:

Holiday

Celebration

Fantsy

Ectasy

Sensation

fascination

Imagination

Inspiration

Elation

Paradise

Destiny

Triumph

Victory

We just booked a cabin (BL Guar) for five (2 adults, 4 children) on the Victory. I am not sure about the above list because when I spoke a few times with Carnival, they always pointed me to the Triumph or the Victory when I said we where 5, even if I said I was open to any departure port or ship. I think some other ships on that list may have cabin that can hold 5, but they were the family staterooms and a lot more $$$. I also have the feeling that Carnival would much prefer that you book 2 cabins that having a cabin for five - so that is why they may have started refusing 5 on many ships that were still grandfathered. !!!

Some of those ships dont have actual balcony cabins, only suites that have balconys, could that have something to do with it? All the Fantasy ships dont have balconys cabins so you have to book a cat 11 or 12.

Sometimes you will see a class called "family" and they usually will accommodate 5. I have found that you need to check the price of one cabin with 5 and then two cabins. Our last cruise when I was booking the cost for pass. 3 and 4 was actually higher than the first 2.... go figure. So we ended up with 2 cabins side by side and with it being me and wife and 2 daughters I was real happy with 2 bathrooms.

The cabins that hold 5 are likely to be in a higher cat. than a cabin that holds 2 so the difference could be big.

The regular cabins that hold 5 are all on ships built before a certain year that were grandfathered in.

We are on the Victory with 5 in a room (2 adults, 3 children). In trying to book another cruise for next year, we were told by Carnival that only the Victory, Triumph, and the Destiny allow 5 to a room.

See the list above, all of the Fantasy ships also allow 5 to the cabin, maybe you are asking for a balcony or some reason they said that and Fantasy ships dont have regular balconys?

Archived