Alcohol again

stew300

I have been without access to the internet for about 6 weeks as hurricanes did their work here in Orlando. Can't see any recent posts on this subject.

Ok we won't carry onboard but does HAL now allow purchaes of bottles to be taken to the stateroom? ( Or brought by room service)

Had to relocate after the first storm and finnaly got my phone installed yesterday. Now I can start thinking about our cruise!

Wine may be brought aboard for use in the cabin or dining room.

Hard liquor may not be brought aboard. Any hard liquor purchased in the on-board shop will be held, and sent to you the night before disembarkation. (As will liquor purchased ashore.)

You may purchase liquor for in-cabin use from Room Service; or it may be ordered in advance from Ship Services.

You can take your own wine and champagne onboard the ship in your carry-on.

You can purchase hard liquor either through ship-services (1-800-541-1576) or you can order it through room service when you get on the ship. The price is about the same.

The only difference is if your ship is leaving Ft Lauderdale and you order liquor for your cabin through room service before the ship is 10 miles out to sea, you will pay an additional 7% Florida tax in addition to the 15% gratuity.

I have been without access to the internet for about 6 weeks as hurricanes did their work here in Orlando. Can't see any recent posts on this subject.

Ok we won't carry onboard but does HAL now allow purchaes of bottles to be taken to the stateroom? ( Or brought by room service)

Had to relocate after the first storm and finnaly got my phone installed yesterday. Now I can start thinking about our cruise!

Wow, welcome back to the living! Glad you are up and running again and I hope whatever damage you sustained is being taken care of.

That's all I wanted to say, the other posters have answered your questions. I will add that a little bourbon in a Lipton Iced tea bottle would go unnoticed. Let the flaming begin.

We have just returned from a cruise on HAL, and I have to say we had no problem bringing aboard bourbon and whiskey (packed in our luggage - not carry on), and although we bought beer on the ship and had it sent to the room, we had no problem buying beer while we were in port and bringing it onboard either.

You can always pack very carefully packed liquor in your checked luggage. It arrives perfectly and you get to have a predinner drink without calling cabin service to bring a watered down drink 1/2 an hour after it was ordered and delivered while you are in the shower. :D

You can always pack very carefully packed liquor in your checked luggage. It arrives perfectly and you get to have a predinner drink without calling cabin service to bring a watered down drink 1/2 an hour after it was ordered and delivered while you are in the shower. :D

Isn't that the truth!

Archived