Swollen ankles and feet, please help...

momarb

When I fly for more than a few hours to get to a cruise my feet and ankles swell up. On my last cruise I ended up wearing slippers most of the time since I couldn't wear other shoes because of the swelling. I have ordered some compression stockings to wear to see if they will help cut down the swelling. Does anyone know what else would help me if I do swell on the next flight? Is there something available in pill form over the counter that I could take to make this go away? I appreciate any help that you can send my way.

http://www.footsmart.com/HealthCondition.aspx?ailmentId=94

http://www.ctds.info/swollen-ankles.html

Like another poster mentioned go see a doctor, health people shouldn't see reactions so bad that they couldn't wear shoes at all

I just ordered a product called L'Occitane Revitilizing leg gel that I am going to try on my next cruise May 26th. Has anyone used this product or any other for ankle/feet swelling??

I have never heard of it but I sure hope you will come back in June and post your experience with it!!

Thanks!

Vada

Here's the experience I have just encountered with getting a prescription from my doctor. The nurse insisted I come in and discuss it with the doctor and I was given a prescription for 25 pills. But, I have to take them for 10 days and then go for a blood test to make sure my potassium level stays normal. If all is well I have the "all clear" for my trip. The pills are inexpensive at $4 for 25. I was told the office call and blood test will be covered by insurance.

...Asparagus is a natural diuretic...and good for you. Order some with your meals...:p

...also...Lift your leg and flex your feet at the ankles...and rotating the foot in a circular motion...clockwise and then counter-clockwise, helps with the swelling by increasing circulation. Do this throughout the flight...along with walking. It should help. (my dad had circulatory problems and the cardiologist suggested these exercises for him...)

There are also some herbal remedies that are available at health food stores. We just need to check to see if there are any drug interactions with meds we might already be taking....

Archived