May switch to HAL

big aft

HI All,

Wife and I are elite with Princess, love their quiet decor, service, food sometime, etc. However they do not have the ship/ports we are looking for in Feb 09.

Thinking of the new Eurodam and an aft facing balcony (AB)on the Promenade deck.

I'm more concerned on cabin selection than the ship itself. I think the Eurodam will be excellent.

Any help on the cabin? We've been in balconies, mini's and full suites on Princess.

Thanks,

The ship is currently under construction in Italy so all any of us know about the cabins are what we find on line and in HAL's brochures.

On the 'Vista Class' of ships which precede this 'Signature Class', the aft cabins are favorites of many people. DH and I happen to prefer the "SA" mid ship Suites but it is just a personal preference.

Eurodam is shaping up to be a lovely ship.

We are also Elite members of the Captain's Circle. But we find Holland America to give us something a little bit more. Refined elegance without being stuffy. Some of the finest stewards on the seven seas. I think you will be pleased with the experience.

Thinking of the new Eurodam and an aft facing balcony (AB)on the Promenade deck.
Sorry, but there are no cabins on the Promenade deck of the Eurodam, and no AB class cabins on board! Are you thinking of a VA or VB or the Upper Promenade by any chance?

I just had a VA on the veranda deck on the Noordam and loved it because of the size of the veranda. Have the same thing booked for the Eurodam, but since I haven't seen it, nor has anyone else, I can't comment on the size of the veranda, except that it is bigger than the regular VA cabins.

More interested in the size of the balcondy on that type of a cabin versus a VA in another location.
... except that it is bigger than the regular VA cabins.
The aft VA and VB will be the same standard 9' width as the side ones, but they will probably be about 10' deep (compared to 6' for the side ones.) The aft cabin verandahs are about that deep on the Noordam, but it appears that the Eurodam stern is somewhat more steeply sloped than the Noordam's. If that is true, the verandahs may not be as deep.

Yes...was thinking of the VA on the Upper Promenade.

More interested in the size of the balcondy on that type of a cabin versus a VA in another location.

We had a VA aft on the stern of the ship on our recent Noordam cruise. The verandah was considerably larger than ours on the port side last year. We were on the Verandah deck, the one above Upper Promenade.

I'm sure you will enjoy any of the choices in that location.

As an Elite Capt. Circle on Princess I can understand where you are comming from. I LOVED the HAL aft cabins on the Westerdam, Zuiderdam & Oosterdam. January 2009 we are booked in Aft cabins on the Eurodam.

I gladly give up the perks for those cabins, especially since we book as a group for those cruises and open the balcony doors between the cabins.

Martini Cruiser

How is the privacy in the VA aft suites? Can people look down on you from above? Are they completely uncovered or partially covered?
They're all partially covered, except deck 5 on the Westerdam and Zuiderdam (by the end of this month) are completely covered. The most uncovered is deck 4 on the Westerdam, Zuiderdam, and Oosterdam. The most covered (other than the W and Z deck 5) are on the Noordam and soon-to-be Eurodam.

Archived