Gold Status

jag27

First I have to say, I am very excited that I am gold status on the Captain's Circle Member - I know, not a big thing. When I booked my upcoming May cruise on the CB, I booked directly with Princess and they didn't upgrad to Gold Status, kept me at Blue since they couldn't find my info from my previous sailing (which was 8 years ago). So I called Princess today and they combined my info so I am at gold status.

Now, since I'm at Gold, does that I mean I will be invited to the Captain's cocktail party (or whatever it is they have onboard) for previous sailors? Can I bring a guest (this will be new DH's first time on Princess)?

First I have to say, I am very excited that I am gold status on the Captain's Circle Member - I know, not a big thing. When I booked my upcoming May cruise on the CB, I booked directly with Princess and they didn't upgrad to Gold Status, kept me at Blue since they couldn't find my info from my previous sailing (which was 8 years ago). So I called Princess today and they combined my info so I am at gold status.

Now, since I'm at Gold, does that I mean I will be invited to the Captain's cocktail party (or whatever it is they have onboard) for previous sailors? Can I bring a guest (this will be new DH's first time on Princess)?

Congrats on the status, and yes you will get the invite to the Captains Circle party. :)

Congrats. You are now hooked on Princess! :D

I actually found the past passenge party pretty boring and now use this time enjoy an empty bar someplace else for a quiet drink before dinner.

But we did go the first time we were invited and you should too. It's amazing to see people who have been on their 100th cruise!

the main benefit for a gold status is that you are given discounts on future cruises....once you sign in as a past cruiser the price of your future cruise most of the time is reduced....our upcoming trip to alaska was discounted by $400......:o :) :eek: :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Any other benefits from Gold status?

I will be a first time Princess cruiser in less than a month, but my mom is travelling with me, and she has Gold status.

I know on RCCL that in addition to the past guest part, prior cruisers got a coupon book in their staterooms (better coupons at higher levels) as well as a token gift such as a tote bag or picture frame with the name of the ship on it; not much, but better than nothing!

Any other benefits from Gold status?

I will be a first time Princess cruiser in less than a month, but my mom is travelling with me, and she has Gold status.

I know on RCCL that in addition to the past guest part, prior cruisers got a coupon book in their staterooms (better coupons at higher levels) as well as a token gift such as a tote bag or picture frame with the name of the ship on it; not much, but better than nothing!

Sorry, afraid that Princess doesn't do the gift things like RCI does. About the only benefit from being gold is the past passenger pricing and the invite to the past passenger party.

Sorry, afraid that Princess doesn't do the gift things like RCI does. About the only benefit from being gold is the past passenger pricing and the invite to the past passenger party.

And at the past passenger party they usually give away bottles of Korbel in a drawing. I know this because we won one on the Golden last December! LOL Took it in the dining room, no corkage fee!

And at the past passenger party they usually give away bottles of Korbel in a drawing. I know this because we won one on the Golden last December! LOL Took it in the dining room, no corkage fee!

You only got Korbel? We won a nice bottle of champagne on our LA to Sydney cruise several years ago at the past passenger party when they drew a cabin number for those attending, but for the life of me I can't remember what the name was, but it was fantastic and it wasn't the cheap stuff. Cost cuts maybe? ;) ;)

You only got Korbel? We won a nice bottle of champagne on our LA to Sydney cruise several years ago at the past passenger party when they drew a cabin number for those attending, but for the life of me I can't remember what the name was, but it was fantastic and it wasn't the cheap stuff. Cost cuts maybe? ;) ;)

Hey, well, Korbel is about 3 miles from where we live! Always nice to support local business! :D

Now, since I'm at Gold, does that I mean I will be invited to the Captain's cocktail party (or whatever it is they have onboard) for previous sailors? Can I bring a guest (this will be new DH's first time on Princess)? I hate raining on your parade , but the captains cocktail party is not a huge deal . Free watered down drinks . But you may enjoy the meet and greet .

Congrats! Next thing you now this cruising addiction will have you in the elite category in no time! We go to the Captain Circle Cocktail parties because we like to see who is the most travelled. It is also a good way to see if anyone we know from previous cruises might be sailing with us.

Good luck to you and enjoy your cruise!

We went to the Captain's party on our recent cruise on the Island Princess. They presented bottles of champagne to the three who had the most time Princess cruising. #1 was a couple who had over 900 days. Then the CD pulled out an invite from a bucket for the drawing and the couple with the 900 days won a second bottle.

The Captain's cocktail party is simply another opportunity for Princess

to upsell more cruises.:rolleyes: Watered down drinks is an understatement.

We haven't bothered with those parties since many cruises ago.

After one or two parties, the thrill is SO gone.

On my recent CB cruise, they had 3 parties!!! Over 1200 repeat cruisers out of 3000.

Congrats to the OP. Sounds like me a year ago (one cruise 8 years earlier). They also credited it and the upcoming 3-nighter will be my fifth. My January '09 Panama Canal will be as platinum!!!

My experience is much like the other lines' lower level memberships - benefits really aren't that big of a deal. Here is the listing from Princess' website regarding gold benefits:

cc_mp_membership_mendoza.gif

Gold Membership >>

Platinum Membership >>

Elite Membership >>

cc_mp_gold_mem_mendoza.gif

Preferential Pricing Offers

Throughout the year, we specially select itineraries we know you love and will keep you informed of special offers and deals. You can tell us whether you would prefer to hear about these by mail, phone or email in your Member Profile .

Members only onboard Events

As a member, you will be invited to exclusive events during your cruise with us. These are a great way to meet fellow members!!

Princess Passport

Our special Princess Passports are another member exclusive, giving you a unique way to record your memories of treasured adventures.

Collectible Destination Stamps

Every time you sail with us, we will give you a stamp depicting the destination you have traveled. The stamps are signed by the Captain and can be displayed in your Princess Passport.

Circle Host

We are committed to making your vacation experience with us a special one,- that is why, onboard every vessel, there is a Circle Host, - a representative of the Princess Captain’s Circle, ready to make sure that you receive all the benefits to which you are entitled.

Member Benefits Card

You have been issued a membership card which indicates your member status. This card should be kept handy at all times and your member number quoted when making a reservation. Providing this number guarantees that you will receive all the benefits to which you are entitled.

Princess Captain’s Circle Quarterly Magazine

Every three months, you will receive our Magazine, published exclusively for members of the Princess Captain’s Circle. As well as advance notification of promotions and new itineraries, you will be the first to hear about our new ships. We are also pleased to share behind the scenes information with you and feature your favorite Princess crew members,- taking a peak at what they like to do when they are back at home!

Princess Captain’s Circle Center Online

Once you register for the Circle Center, you will have access to extra benefits, including our Stand By Program. We will also feature regularly updated articles on the latest developments at Princess,-like new ships, itineraries and shows. Your Member Profile is also accessible through the Center and can be kept up to date to ensure that we are able to anticipate your every need. Tell us what you like, what you don’t like, and how you would like us to keep in touch with you!

Congrats jag27 on your Gold status!

Somewhere, sometime on these boards, I read that you could order a drink on the Captain at the Captain's Cocktail Party. I tried it on our December 07 Diamond cruise and it worked. I just asked one of the waiters who was carrying a drink tray. So....the Captain paid for my Seabreeze which is cranberry juice, pineapple juice and vodka! :) :) :)

Archived