Avril

Which would you pick?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you pick?

• Delta Airlines
    • Southwest Airlines
    • American Airlines
    • United Airlines

I was just wondering which would be the best choice for my cruise in October. Which one would you pick if these were your only choices and why? My fiancee and I will be flying from Buffalo to Miami. :D

Thanks!! :D

Basically, the airlines in this poll are all very similar, mainline airlines that you should feel comfortable selecting any one of them based on schedule, connections, FF points, and fare. Although there might be small differences in factors such as on-time reliability, etc., you can effectively treat them as a commodity. (Because of some historical factors, it is Delta Air Lines.)

AA, Continental, or Southwest. I'm assuming you just want no-frills transportation at a low price.

Other post- AirTran is a mid-size US carrier who actually did quite good with government ratings. Air Transat is a Canadian airline who flies to Europe (as the name implies). BTW Air Transat does have flights to Fort Lauderdale so that's another possiblity.

BTW Air Transat does have flights to Fort Lauderdale so that's another possiblity.

I've already said, I'll never fly with them again!! :( I dd it once with my Dad and Step-Mom from Toronto, Ontario to St. Petersburg, Florida and I now know what sardines feel like. It was awful!! :(

Which one would you pick if these were your only choices and why?
Just wondering why you're limiting yourself to these four airlines?

On an entirely personal basis, which won't apply to most other CC members, I'd personally be flying American Airlines out of this lot, if there was a good price and decent schedules. That's because of frequent flyer perks. But without those, I'm not sure that I'd be keen to do any of these. By reputation, I'd be trying Continental.

So many variable to consider when choosing an airline. Status, miles, time, cost, individual preference, routing, etc.

This is not a simple question/answer and I'm sure you ask 100 people this question and you'll get 100 answers.

I was just wondering which would be the best choice for my cruise in October. Which one would you pick if these were your only choices and why? My fiancee and I will be flying from Buffalo to Miami. :D

Thanks!! :D

Out of your choices I would pick Delta. You're connection will likely be in Atlanta and while I know many don't like that airport its one that I do like connecting through flying south. On the other hand I prefer not to use Chicago for a connection when I'm flying south and you'll likely connect in Chicago if you use American. United's flights are usually too expensive out of Buffalo and I don't think Southwest flies from Buffalo to Miami but does go Buffalo to Fort Lauderdale.

They're not on your list, but my two preferences for Buffalo to Miami are Jetblue and Airtran. Used Airtran in Feb and had good flights both ways.

If you pick Delta just be careful not to choose one with a really short connection time in Atlanta. Your gates will likely not be far apart in the same concoarse but not worth the stress of wondering if you're gonna make it if you have any delay in leaving Buffalo. Good Luck !

I always go with the cheapest I can get. Why pay higher prices when it is no guarantee of better service? I fly Continental because they are cheap. Some people love them but I HATE them. Have had several incidents of lateness and a cancellation on a Bahamas leg of vacation over the past few years. Just bad luck, I think.

I personally LOVE American Airlines but their prices can be higher and I go for budget.

Air Canada! The only airline that hasn't F me lately. I'm beginning to find that saving money by flying a US airline is just not worth it. They cancel flights, they change flights, they suck. I'm sticking with Air Canada.

I'd pick them as well except they're way to expensive for my budget and they don't fly between 2 American cities. :( I like to fly from Buffalo as it is normaly about $200 cheaper than flying from Toronto and it takes me about the same time to drive to Buffalo as it does to drive to Toronto (at least it does from where I live). :D

A lot of it depends on the market you are flying from, the market you are flying to, when you are flying, etc.

I know people that have had nothing but fabulous experiences with Northwest but every time they fly American something goes wrong. While I've had great experiences with American, but every time I fly Northwest they live up to their nickname (Northworst). Same thing can happen with any airline (including so called low cost carriers like Southwest, Jetblue, etc).

At this point in time, I would go with the carrier that has the best schedule combined with the best price, being aware that most likely the schedule will change - multiple times - before you cruise.

Also, for a cruise out of Miami, also look at flights to FLL. That will usually give you a lot more options.

Hi. I recently was able to purchase a roundtrip ticket on AA from Toronto to Miami for $345 and it was a non stop flight at 1:40 p.m., thereby missing rush hour.

I also understand Holiday Inn at the airport has a stay, (free) park and fly promotion on,

From Buffalo most of the cheaper airlines go to Fort Lauderdale and it's an $18 fee for the shuttle from FLL to Miami. Returning I understand is more expensive.

Southwest or Jet Blue seem to have reasonable prices.

Lots of choices available if you are flexible and take the time to research.

If you can catch a Southwest flight non-stop from BUF > FLL. I think that is best, I have flown Southwest over 100 times and they are rarely late and have never lost my luggage.

AA is almost always late and had lost my luggage both directions on my first time flying with them, I had a voucher and they lost it coming back home my second time with them. It took them 3 days to get my luggage back to me and about 25 phone calls. I could have drove it home from Minneapolis faster. Never fly AA again!

• 3 weeks later...
AA, Continental, or Southwest. I'm assuming you just want no-frills transportation at a low price.

Other post- AirTran is a mid-size US carrier who actually did quite good with government ratings. Air Transat is a Canadian airline who flies to Europe (as the name implies). BTW Air Transat does have flights to Fort Lauderdale so that's another possiblity.

AirTransat is the worst airline I've ever flown on. Bad service, bad attitude of the staff, worse food and questionable aircraft. Not even if it was free. :mad:

2P.P1

We flew American to Rome last month, and everything went smoothly going there and coming back. (We just missed the time when so many flights were cancelled.)

My husband thought they had a little more leg room than others. On the return flight they seemed to have all their checkin stands open and our lines were shorter, faster than others.

BTW on the way back they just shoved the luggage through and didn't wait for the scale to stop. I don't think you can count on that though!:D

For me our airline of choice for our coming cruise will be Delta, we will connect in Atlanta and meet me sister and brother-in-law who are flying in from London on Delta and then travel down to Fort Lauderdale together.

This past March I flew on United on a business trip, will not use them again, went thru Chicago they changed my gate 3 times I run up and down the concourse.

I think eveyone can have good and bad experiences on any airline, Delta has a hub here in Salt Lake so it's the airline of choice.

Christine

Archived