Waverunner Questions on Mariner (Eastern Itinerary)

OK, I had a similar issue with this last year with my 16 yr old son. You have to be 16 and a licensed driver to drive a waverunner on Coco Cay. I looked into a bunch of other places on those islands since my son was going for his driver's license they day we flew down to FL, thank god he passed. Most were 18 to drive the waverunner but Divi Little Bay on St Marten had no posted age when I checked. Here is a link http://www.diviresorts.com/DiviLittleBay/index.html

I don't think I found one that would allow under 18 yr old drivers on St Thomas but I could be wrong.

The only problem with doing it on Coco Cay or Labadee, is you have to "follow the leader"--no going off on your own. Everyone stays in line, slowpokes in the rear. The faster riders will zip along, then have to stop and wait for the others to catch up.

Hubby did it once on Coco Cay, but since then, prefers to just book at another port (not as an excursion, but just at random places on the beaches!) Most public beaches have watersport rentals available.

St. Maarten is the best place .. not sure .. but you may have to be 21 .. definitely at least 18. There are several places right along the beach. Take the water taxi from the ship to the main pier at the center of the beach.

Which beach is the best to go to? He will just have to ride with me.

I would rather us be able just to ride than follow the leader in Coco Cay.

The only problem with doing it on Coco Cay or Labadee, is you have to "follow the leader"--no going off on your own. Everyone stays in line, slowpokes in the rear. The faster riders will zip along, then have to stop and wait for the others to catch up.

Hubby did it once on Coco Cay, but since then, prefers to just book at another port (not as an excursion, but just at random places on the beaches!) Most public beaches have watersport rentals available.

We would much rather do our own thing than follow the leader.

OK, I had a similar issue with this last year with my 16 yr old son. You have to be 16 and a licensed driver to drive a waverunner on Coco Cay. I looked into a bunch of other places on those islands since my son was going for his driver's license they day we flew down to FL, thank god he passed. Most were 18 to drive the waverunner but Divi Little Bay on St Marten had no posted age when I checked. Here is a link http://www.diviresorts.com/DiviLittleBay/index.html

I don't think I found one that would allow under 18 yr old drivers on St Thomas but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the link I will check it out.

St. Maarten is the best place .. not sure .. but you may have to be 21 .. definitely at least 18. There are several places right along the beach. Take the water taxi from the ship to the main pier at the center of the beach.

Which beach would that be?

Archived