Knock off purses vs coach outlet

Princessbride3

We are stopping in san juan on our carnival liberty cruise in june. I was wondering if the prices of the knock off purses were decent and the selection or if it was better to get into the doony or coach outlet. I have to buy 3 purses to bring home, and my 13 yr old dd will want to buy at least one? I dont want to spend a fortune on them but would love some new purses.

Well the knock offs would be much cheaper. If you dont want a real coach or dooney, that would be the way to go.

I think for knock off I would wait until you get to St Thomas, there are tons of Vendors selling them downtown.

You really can't compare because you're getting a real coach bag at the outlet and a cheap knock-off at the vendors on the street.

We stopped to look at the knock-offs for our friend's daughter and felt the prices were high for the quality of the bags. For adults, it's easy to spot the knock-offs if you have the real thing whereas the young teens would have a much harder time probably.

It's hard to compare because you're buying real leather and quality with coach versus a poorly made knock-off bag. It all comes down to what you want to spend and how long you want the bag to last.

You are supporting illegal copyright infringement and would be screaming if som one copied the product your business developed. If showing the label is so important just rip one off the real product and paste it on whatever you have. It's stealing either way and supporting Chinese piracy.

I actually bought some purses from nassau, i dont believe that they were necessarily knock off ones but had good prices. When we went to western c, they had no purses at all.. my teen dd wanted them.

I wouldl love some of the designer bags but i also am fine purchasing a bag similar to a designer for a far cheaper amount of money, esp for teen girls. I have to buy for several so i cant really afford a 100 bag for each girl.

I actually bought some purses from nassau, i dont believe that they were necessarily knock off ones but had good prices. When we went to western c, they had no purses at all.. my teen dd wanted them.

I wouldl love some of the designer bags but i also am fine purchasing a bag similar to a designer for a far cheaper amount of money, esp for teen girls. I have to buy for several so i cant really afford a 100 bag for each girl.

If you bought them on the street in Nassau...they were knock offs. Usually they expect people to barter with them, so they overprice many of the pursers.

I still have 2 fake Rolex's I bought from a street vendor back about 15 years ago in San Juan. I told him I wanted the Swiss one's and he had those under the table. He only had the knockoff's that "ticked". Both of those still keep perfect time even today.

I haven't been lately to San Juan, do they still sell them as well?

I was in San Juan last week - there were several street vendors selling purses - prices ranged from $25 small to $75 large. As you exit the pier, go left along the water - you can't miss them. The vendors weren't there when we arrived in the morning, but there were several of them out in the afternoon. I took home a $45 knockoff coach purse for my daughter and she was thrilled. I will save my $300 and use it for the deposit for my next cruise.

I also wish people would stop calling these "knockoffs."

They aren't knockoffs. They're counterfeit. Call them what they are and be honest with yourself.

If you're ok buying these counterfeit products, then fine. But they ARE counterfeit.

if you want Coach, buy at a Coach store/outlet.

And be sure to tell the teenage girls who have to have a Name bag that they're really counterfeits, made by children working in sweatshops somewhere.

NIke and sevral other co make things and i am sure that with some the children are making them.. nothing is hardly ever made in the good ol usa anymore..I would try to get people to buy in usa for things made in usa that way it would also help our economy.

I am not sure what the outlet charges? Does anyone know? I have heard that st thomas has older purses and san juan has a better selection with maybe higher prices but i am not sure what exactly the prices are? Anyone know??

Its the other way around. St thomas is newer selection therefore higher prices. San Juan is an outlet so older selection, cheaper prices and most of the store is a min. of an additional 20% off and higher.

I bought a wallet and a leather purse in San Juan for just under 130.00 together. That's cheap in my opinion.

Good Luck in your search

• 3 weeks later...

I worked at a Coach Outlet Store, as a manager. I can tell you that these products are made in New York, in a clean factory that employs well paid employees with great benefits. The company stands behind its merchandise with a guarentee that is outstanding.

Because they treat their employees with respect and produce a great product, I would not buy a counterfit. Just my past experience talking. I am loyal to Coach.

Outlet prices are usually about 40% off, unless their pricing has changed in the last few years. I looked at some counterfit bags in St Marten..... horrible. I can't believe people would pay $10 for one.

Check out an outlet in the USA and get on their mailing list. They have sales every month and email you specials also.

Happy cruising!

jo44, I just searched online for a Coach Outlet website to see if I can get on the mailing list that way. I have not found a way to do that. Is it possible? If so, can you post the direct link or point me in the correct direction? Our trip is mid June so maybe I have time to get a coupon before we go to San Juan.

Thanks!

I was at the Coach outlet store in San Juan last week. Lots of people in the store and lots of buyers. I was able to get a purse for 40% off. No one was in the Dooney & Burke store which is right across the street.

We walked up to the Coach store and on our way up we only saw one street vendor selling "knockoff" purses. Prices were not on the purses and I didn't bother to ask because it was so hot outside I just wanted to keep moving so I could get to the Coach store.

Not to sound like a jerk, but knockoff/counterfeit whatever you want to call them are directly linked not only to child labor/sweatshop labor but also to drug cartels and gangs. I like to save money as much as the next guy but if you do the research, it's just not worth it ethically. I have some still that I got before I read up on the subject and have since stopped buying "fakes". Some European countries have made it illegal to bring them in to the country and you can be fined for them. I think France is one because so many designers are based there. Don't want to be a Debbie Downer but I would rather save and buy an outlet authentic product than a street vendor knockoff.

??? for jo44. I thought all the real Coach purses were made in China. It really surprized me when I bought my 1st real Coach purse in a Coach mall store. All the Coach purses I have bought either from the full price stores or outlets say made in china but you say they are made in NYC? I like Coach purses but being made in China, why are they so expensive? Even the cloth ones are very over priced for not even being leather.

We were at the SJ outlet last summer and the bags were 20-40% off with some being an additional 20-30% off. Some last years colors and some classics. It was a much bigger store than the full price mall stores. It was very simular to the outlet in Atlantic city. Just remember there is now tax in PR, it is not duty free.

Archived