Houston Airport...IAH...Questions?? FLL too??

2Canucks

We are flying "Continental Airlines" from Calgary to "Houston" then onto "Ft Lauderdale"...FLL.

We have "No experience" with either IAH or FLL...are these 2 airports easy to navigate??:confused: Is FLL busy... early mornings... as we have a 7:00am return flight! What time shoud we be at the airport for this flight home?

Thanks in advance for any help/info you can share with us concerning these 2 airports.

Pat :)

We are flying "Continental Airlines" from Calgary to "Houston" then onto "Ft Lauderdale"...FLL.

We have "No experience" with either IAH or FLL...are these 2 airports easy to navigate??:confused: Is FLL busy... early mornings... as we have a 7:00am return flight! What time shoud we be at the airport for this flight home?

Thanks in advance for any help/info you can share with us concerning these 2 airports.

Hi Pat, did I read your post correctly?:confused: You have a 7am flight back

home after your cruise? As close as the FLL airport is to Port

Everglades (it is close),there is no way you can catch

a 7am flight:eek:...unless I am misunderstanding.....?

Hi Lois...

We have never been to Ft Lauderdale so we are doing a 3 night "pre-cruise" stay along with a "post-cruise" stay of 2 nights. Plan on doing lots of sightseeing!

So our 7:00am flight is "not" on our disembarkation day. We're doing Celebrity air...better price...and they didn't have a later time to offer us...darn!! This arrangement was using our "free" air deviation (Captain Club) too to set up flights from home. They offered later flights on disembarkation day but not for the post cruise dates. :(

ohhhhhh..ok:) ....you had me worried there for a moment:eek:

In my opinion, FLL is one of the easiest airports to navigate around.

As I said, that is just my feeling about it. Others will probably

tell you differently.

I have flown in and out of there many times and its always

been very smooth.

For a 7am flight, I would say get there about about 5:15 or so.

Security and all.....and if it goes faster than usual, well,

better to be safe than sorry;).

I cannot help you with the Houston Airport!

IAH is not bad, and it is Continental's hub airport, so everything there is pretty nice. We always fly out of IAH (since we live 15 minutes away) and never have any problems getting around.

IAH, FLL and Continental are all very easy to deal with. If it wasn't for the fact that I live in a city where United is the major international carrier, I'd probably fly Continental for most of my flights. As of today, they still feed you at meal times on long flights, and they still let you check two pieces of baggage without extra fees! I purposely put my mom on a Continental flight rather than United lately because of these points.

Hi

We have flown thro Houston, The continental Presidents lounge at IAH is fabulous, the facilities are very good, if you can use it.

Continental has an excelllent Rewards program try and upgrade to Business first, the service is one of the best and this gives you access to their lounges.

Have a great time in FLL

Try to plan the night before for some food to nibble as you wait since there is little open that early in FLL. The food places open after sixish but things you like might not be available. I would suggest you shop at a Publix (grocery store) and get a few supplies the night before your flight (thus avoiding the high price of those inflight food services).

Continental is a great airline. You may have quite a walk if you have to change terminals, but they have plenty of moving sidewalks and inter-terminal trains. Terminal E is about 4 years and is very nice.

I would go to Continental's web site, and plug the flight numbers from your itinerary into Continental's daily flight status feature. If you do this for a couple of days, it will give you an idea of what terminals those flights normally use, and whether they are normally on time.

Thanks Everyone...

Glad to hear that both of these airports aren't going to be a problem to navigate. :D

Also...

Miracles happen too...Celebrity came through for us as well...they found us another flight out of Ft Lauderdale for our trip home after the cruise! :cool: We now leave at 11:15am instead of 7:00am...this will work out much better for us! We are staying in Ft Lauderdale for 2 nights POST cruise...so there shouldn't be a cruise passenger crowd to deal with at the airport either.

Looking forward to this holiday...can't wait!

Happy Cruising to all of you!

IAH, FLL and Continental are all very easy to deal with. If it wasn't for the fact that I live in a city where United is the major international carrier, I'd probably fly Continental for most of my flights. As of today, they still feed you at meal times on long flights, and they still let you check two pieces of baggage without extra fees! I purposely put my mom on a Continental flight rather than United lately because of these points.

Hi Leela, I just booked a flight on Continental. I remembered

your post and wanted to say thanks. I got a good price AND

a good time of day as well:)

It is the first time I can remember using them in many, many

many years.

I got a really good deal one way on Delta going west but coming

back home I am using Continental.

One question for any of you. I have 40 minutes between

flights. Should I be ok time wise?

From what I can tell this airport is alot less stressful

than Hartsfield.

Are you staying on the same airline or changing? If staying on the same airline, and you don't have to change terminals, as long as you are on time landing you should be able to make it - it will be tight but you should be ok.

If you have to change terminals and go through security again, I'm not sure if you will make it.

It is definitely less stressful than Atlanta, but it is still a large airport to get around.

Are you staying on the same airline or changing? If staying on the same airline, and you don't have to change terminals, as long as you are on time landing you should be able to make it - it will be tight but you should be ok.

If you have to change terminals and go through security again, I'm not sure if you will make it.

It is definitely less stressful than Atlanta, but it is still a large airport to get around.

Hi,:) I am staying with the same airline...Continental

leaves Seattle at 12:30pm arriving in Houston 6:45pm.

Then my flight home is still on Continental....leaving Houston at 7:25pm.

Hi,:) I am staying with the same airline...Continental

leaves Seattle at 12:30pm arriving in Houston 6:45pm.

Then my flight home is still on Continental....leaving Houston at 7:25pm.

As long as no delays on your first leg arrival time you should be ok, but you will need to get off that first flight ASAP then hustle to get that connection. Air travel has become such an annoyance and if anyway possible I will try to find a port close to home that is driveable.

Archived