How often is the bedding changed??

R & C

Has anyone asked RCCL what their official policy is on changing the bedding on their cruise ships? If so, I would like to know their response so I can make sure my cabin steward follows the policy.

We've been on X aand RCI and the bedding was changed daily.

Whilst I'm not that concerned about strictly every day, I would certainly not be prepared to have the same bedding for 10-12 days.

Cruise ships and hotels are trying to be more earth friendly by not washing sheets and towels as often as everyday. Dirty towels go on the floor, clean stay on the towel rack. There is usually a sign in your room or cabin that you can place on the bed to have them make it up with clean sheets.

We try to be earth friendly and have our sheets changed less often, but on our last Princess cruise, they were changed every day, as were the towels. I couldn't imagine a steward not changing sheets for 10-12 days. That would be something to report to the head of housekeeping because that is certainly not Princess policy.

Charlie

I think earth freindly is great...sounds great and is a noble effort...however...anytime I see a hotel chain or cruise line quote this as a reason for not doing something I have to laugh since I am sure they see a savings of $$$ and not a savings of the earth...sorry for being the skeptic...

Cruise ships and hotels are trying to be more earth friendly by not washing sheets and towels as often as everyday. Dirty towels go on the floor, clean stay on the towel rack. There is usually a sign in your room or cabin that you can place on the bed to have them make it up with clean sheets.

Yeah, I just saw a report on the news about this the other day. I think you have to request it now.

Wondering how often those that complain about stewards not changing the bedding on their cruise change their bedding at home.. :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing...I don't know about the rest but I don't change my sheets every day. Once a week works in our house.

We have been on the Tahitian Princess twice (10 & 12 days) and they we never changed?

Do you have to ask yr cabin steward?

Just curious how do you know they were not changed?

On most of the mass market lines the bed linen is changed once in the middle of a 7 day cruise and twice in the middle of a 10 or 12 day cruise. That is more often than most mass market cruisers change their home linen.

But on any cruise line, you only need ask the cabin steward to change it more often if that is what you prefer.

Wait, you're supposed to change your sheets?!

LoL... to quote someone from my M&M roll call on day 2 of our cruise...

"It's only the second day of the cruise and already my bed has been made more times here than at home in the last month."

Archived