GLORY Cabin 2465

Cracker Ken

There's been a lot of discussion about 2465 on Valor. Here's information and pics of the same cabin on Glory.

Obviously, these cabins differ somewhat from ship to ship. This is one of those 1A "L" shaped aft cabins. This cabin is located starboard, one cabin up from the stearn.

The cabin has 1 double bed, and a bunk that drops down from the ceiling, above the head of the double bed. The bathroom is standard, and is not designed for handicap access. It has the same size bathroom that I've seen on all Carnival ships.

The cabin is indeed huge. It could easily hold 2 double beds, but it doesn't.

At times, this cabin was quite noisy with some vibration when the ship was underway. At other times, even with the ship underway, it was pleasant. It seemed that the noise and vibration was relative to sea conditions, or perhaps the speed of the ship. Two large windows and a large cabin kind of makes up for the noise issue though, especially at a 1A price. The cabin is above the machine room, or whatever they call the area aft where the tie lines and wenches are located. It is below the main dining room. You can also hear the stearn thrusters when docking. If you haven't woke up yet when docking, you will be before they are done.

Would I book this again? You bet.

Here's some pics of 2465 on GLORY.

DSC_2826.jpg

DSC_2823.jpg

DSC_2828.jpg

Thanks for the room review - my wife and I have that exact room this coming October. The price with windows was enough to overcome the desire to have one of those wonderful large beds - - - - Looking forward to it! :)

No way my DH and I would cruise in a room with separate beds. We'll stick with our cat 11's. I don't care how much cheaper it is or how large the room is. It looks like it's set up for an adult and a child or two single adults. The bunk can't be as comfy as Carnival beds.

No way my DH and I would cruise in a room with separate beds. We'll stick with our cat 11's. I don't care how much cheaper it is or how large the room is. It looks like it's set up for an adult and a child or two single adults. The bunk can't be as comfy as Carnival beds.

There are some ships that have the twin beds that push together, exactly the same as your cat 11, Glory just isnt one of those ships lol.

They say a picture is worth a million words, sometimes its true in this case. Even though they say the bunks are comfortable, Im not sure how well Id do in a bunk and Im not even travelling with someone I want to sleep with lol. Great for a solo traveller however because of the windows.

Even some of the other 1As, like the ones with port holes, the bed and sofa bed are not pushed together. CC is great to see actual pictures of the cabins so you know what to expect and what to book.

For those sailing in this cabin, here's a helpful hint that I'm sure you will use:

Take a couple of pairs of clean socks, or some other soft item, and stuff them between the door of the safe and the cabinet doors. That keeps the safe door from rattling. Remember, regarding noise and vibration, sometimes this cabin is nice and pleasant, and sometimes it isn't.

This cabin is perfect for solo cruisers. I was cruising solo myself, since DW was tied down with her elderly mother at the time.

The bunk was never lowered, so I can't tell y'all what it was like.

There are several more pics of this cabin in my album titled "Carnival Glory - The Ship." More detail.

Ken

There are some ships that have the twin beds that push together, exactly the same as your cat 11, Glory just isnt one of those ships lol.

They say a picture is worth a million words, sometimes its true in this case. Even though they say the bunks are comfortable, Im not sure how well Id do in a bunk and Im not even travelling with someone I want to sleep with lol. Great for a solo traveller however because of the windows.

Even some of the other 1As, like the ones with port holes, the bed and sofa bed are not pushed together. CC is great to see actual pictures of the cabins so you know what to expect and what to book.

Um, I know that. By separate beds, I was referring to the cabin photos with one bed and one bunk. Not gonna happen. BTW, if you check my signature, I've been on both Glory and Fantasy. And we had a mini suite on Princess, which had two beds pushed together and it was nowhere near as comfy as Carnival.

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

I just wanted to reply regarding cabin #2465 on Carnival Glory. We returned from our honeymoon cruise on 5/17/08 and stayed in this room as it was recommended by Carnival for our honeymoon. It is a great room with two large windows.

I know there has been some question about the bed situation in this room. When we booked, we were told there would be two twin beds pushed together in this room. We were skepitcal, especially after seeing pics and reading comments on this forum. However, we can tell you without a doubt, that we had two twin beds pushed together in our room. It's likely that this room can be situated to accommodate single cruisers, couples, or parents with children.

Here is a picture...

bed2.jpg.da5fe8bd5ad96c755ed5cd5f7c9a0a63.jpg

Hi all!

I just wanted to reply regarding cabin #2465 on Carnival Glory. We returned from our honeymoon cruise on 5/17/08 and stayed in this room as it was recommended by Carnival for our honeymoon. It is a great room with two large windows.

I know there has been some question about the bed situation in this room. When we booked, we were told there would be two twin beds pushed together in this room. We were skepitcal, especially after seeing pics and reading comments on this forum. However, we can tell you without a doubt, that we had two twin beds pushed together in our room. It's likely that this room can be situated to accommodate single cruisers, couples, or parents with children.

Here is a picture...

CrackerKen - how long ago did you stay in this cabin? Sounds like it now has the 2 beds on the floor instead of one? I am so confused now!!!:confused:

whatever they call the area aft where the tie lines and wenches are located.

I think they call that area the brothel where the "Wenches" are tied up.......:eek: :eek:

Hey Ken...how ya been ????????:D

Froufie - I was in that cabin the last week of Nov and the first week of Dec of 07. From what the other poster said, it's evident that the staff can put another bed on the floor. There's certainly room for it, without a doubt, but it wasn't there when I was there. Those cruise ship beds are super easy to move around anyway, so I can see the staff adding one here and there as needed.

Jessemon - Hi there. Still chugging along here. I've tried to back off from the Tampa thread. I get soooo annoyed answering the same questions over and over and over and.... I thought I had broke them of it, then just the other day someone popped up with a question that's been answered probably a hundred times. I'd rather the people spend time looking for the answer than me spend time typing it over and over again. We have a Panamal Canal cruise booked for Dec 08, but not sure if DW can go or not. If she can't go, I'm going to look for something cheap from Tampa, even on HAL if I have too (they are still 150% single supplement). Uhhh, did I spell "wenches" wrong? I wish we had spell chek here.

Froufie - I was in that cabin the last week of Nov and the first week of Dec of 07. From what the other poster said, it's evident that the staff can put another bed on the floor. There's certainly room for it, without a doubt, but it wasn't there when I was there. Those cruise ship beds are super easy to move around anyway, so I can see the staff adding one here and there as needed.

Jessemon - Hi there. Still chugging along here. I've tried to back off from the Tampa thread. I get soooo annoyed answering the same questions over and over and over and.... I thought I had broke them of it, then just the other day someone popped up with a question that's been answered probably a hundred times. I'd rather the people spend time looking for the answer than me spend time typing it over and over again. We have a Panamal Canal cruise booked for Dec 08, but not sure if DW can go or not. If she can't go, I'm going to look for something cheap from Tampa, even on HAL if I have too (they are still 150% single supplement). Uhhh, did I spell "wenches" wrong? I wish we had spell chek here.

Hey Ken. I'm doing a B2B on the Destiny with the Saints and Sinners group in Oct/Nov. I had a blast with them last year. Then thinking of doing a January out of Tampa on something. Wishing my buddy the piano bar player would end up on Veendam again. I've even booked the one in 2009 out of Tampa with them on the Carnival Legend.

You spelled wench correctly. But I think you meant winch. A wench is a female that fetches a pint of grog for a pirate.....argh......;)

• 5 months later...
Ken, thanks to you I will have that cabin 01/03/2009. My friend saw the pictures that you posted and got me in there. I am looking forward to this trip. Did you know that they have now changed the category of cabin 2465.

Thanks

My DW and I were in it a couple of weeks ago - fantastic cabin! And I believe that you'll be in it after refurbishment - so even better! - - - :)

Just back from cabin 2465 on the Glory and it was fantastic - I was prepared for it tho having cruised in 'same' cabin on Triumph and Liberty - I was able to book it at the 1A price altho I guess it is now a 6B? Too bad - it was a well kept secret for a while anyways!

Just back from cabin 2465 on the Glory and it was fantastic - I was prepared for it tho having cruised in 'same' cabin on Triumph and Liberty - I was able to book it at the 1A price altho I guess it is now a 6B? Too bad - it was a well kept secret for a while anyways!

:D We booked th trip back in March, so I got in at the 1A price. :D I am so looking frrward to this trip. Thank for the info.

• 3 months later...

I was just going to point out that the room is now considered a 6B. Guess Carnival must have caught on that people were booking the room as a "Oceanview" and NOT as an inside stateroom! Glad you got it for the cheaper price :)

Archived