TROLLS??This is your excuse for being mean?

mitchpam

Well, see, that's one of my pet peeves.

People can still at least LOOK at and for posts without the search function! I mean, one day's worth of posts can go back several pages.

What bugs me is that no one is willing to do any "work" of their own. They want to come here and get instant answers to all their questions without doing any of the work.

And there are plenty of people who will answer the same questions over and over and over and over because they apparently love the idea that they are an "expert" and have all the answers.

Yes, the same topics will come up over and over again.

But when there is an existing thread - or two - on a topic ON THE MAIN PAGE or even the 2nd or 3rd page, and people can't be bothered to look for them, then I have a problem.

It isn't being "mean" or attacking anyone. It's wanting to understand why people come to a message board and can't be bothered to do any reading or browsing beforehand to see how the board is laid out and to see if their questions are already under discussion in an existing thread.

Really??? Searching for a thread a few days old is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Sometimes they are moved and sometimes they are pulled. This is why its a message board. Its meant for information. And yes it is mean and attacking someone who is new to insult them and embarrass them if they ask a question thats been asked before. They were doing their work when they came to the message board for information.

Well, see, that's one of my pet peeves.

People can still at least LOOK at and for posts without the search function! I mean, one day's worth of posts can go back several pages..

Since one day's worth of posts can go back several pages won't that make the manual that much harder? Find the post and than read through a 100 posts to see if your question was answered.

What bugs me is that no one is willing to do any "work" of their own. They want to come here and get instant answers to all their questions without doing any of the work. ..

I can't imagine why anyone would want to make someone "work" more than necessary. I know how appreciative I was when folks with more experience helped me out.

And there are plenty of people who will answer the same questions over and over and over and over because they apparently love the idea that they are an "expert" and have all the answers...

Wow, I've never gotten the feeling that people like CrakerKen, Wennfred, Serene56 and the many other who have helped me out ever did it for any other reason than providing assistance to make my cruise experience a great one.

It isn't being "mean" or attacking anyone. It's wanting to understand why people come to a message board and can't be bothered to do any reading or browsing beforehand to see how the board is laid out and to see if their questions are already under discussion in an existing thread.

I agree with you about not trying to be mean or attack anyone. For me its wanting to understand why people come to a message board and feel the need to read threads they are not interested or feel the need to dictate who asks what.

Seriously....... if other people asking and/or answering questions bothers you that much, it's time for a break.

And why should my stating what bothers me bother you?

I've been working 70+ hour workweeks. Excuse me for posting my feelings about the subject. Yes, I need my upcoming cruise. And I don't need you to tell me whether I need to post or not!

Isn't that being "mean" to me? I thought that wasn't allowed. I'm going to report you all! I'm being picked on. You aren't being nice to me. :rolleyes:

And why should my stating what bothers me bother you?

I've been working 70+ hour workweeks. Excuse me for posting my feelings about the subject. Yes, I need my upcoming cruise. And I don't need you to tell me whether I need to post or not!

Isn't that being "mean" to me? I thought that wasn't allowed. I'm going to report you all! I'm being picked on. You aren't being nice to me. :rolleyes:

Your posting what bothers you doesn't bother me a bit. When some people (not saying you), who share your frustrations use them as an excuse to rip noobies for failing to search, we end up with a thread topic like this one. ;) :D

yeah' date=' you don't even have to say something negative before you get crazy treatment. I posted about how I was sad that my cruise was going to end at the end of the week, and someone told me I needed meds. I guess whatever frustrations people are having in their life, they just take out on people via a messageboard. Either that or they are just rude in general.[/quote']

My kneejerk response to the "meds" comment would have be something like: "Well, I guess I'll just take some of yours since yours don't seem to be working for you.":rolleyes:

And don't worry about being blue about your cruise ending--

Hell, I've been in cruise-withdrawl since December of 2005.:eek:

And remember, Don't Feed the Trolls. Attention fattens them. Ignoring them starves them out.

Unfortunately you cannot kick someone off for giving their opinion. That is what keeps the whole website going.... everyone's opinions. We may not like the way they are doing it but they have just as much right to voice their opinion, no matter how rude they are.

That's not really true at all. The mods have the right to remove posts which are overly rude because those kinds of posts do not adhere to the board guidelines. Rudeness is in the eye of the reader, however, and the mods are the ones who get to decide which ones cross that line.

Some posters are pure idiots.

For an idiot list, I simply pull up my ignore list. And most of them are banned, or are in the process of being such.

How could you know if someone is "in the process of being banned"?

I am truly amazed that this thread is still going...

I am actually learning a great deal about how online forums actually work...

they are kinda like a microcosm of the real world...but mostly related to cruising...

BigDuck.. yes I use Firefox, and I had no idea that other peoples mis-spelled words would not show up in red underline...

Krooznuts... thanks, glad i could make you feel better that you actually have an up coming cruise!!!

Cruzoholic... I love the way you summed it up...very well put...soooo many different angles, perspectives and desires.....

much love to all for your wonderful responses... good and bad I guess!

Archived