Coffie in the Cabin

tgjr

Can you order a mug of coffie in your cabin from roomservice in the morning, and what do you pay for it?

Room service is free and you can order coffee it comes in a little thermos thing! All you have to do its tip your room service guy! Usually $2 will be plenty! :D

DS and I are such coffee hounds we usually ordered enough coffee from room service for 3 people.

There is a room service card in your cabin. Fill it out the night before and hang it on your door. Your coffee will be delivered along with juice or any other items you select. I didn't realize on my first cruise that they didn't deliver on the last morning when we arrive in port. Ouch.

I believe that all ships.......GS and above now have the french press and hot water maker.

We had one delivered to the RS on the Monarch last May and were fortunate enough to try it. My DW loves the coffee that it makes.

That has been a nice touch that Royal Caribbean has added to the suites.

Rick

I learned long ago that even if the tag you hang out on your door says room service begins at 7 - don't believe it! I use a bold marker and write in 6AM as I am an early riser. I have had NO problems. The coffee is there at 6! Just make sure you specify 1/2&1/2 and sugar if you prefer that. This last cruise I just assumed they would give us that - they didn't. The 1/2&1/2 comes in a large beverage glass with a cap on it. It was definately better than the little white containers of chemicals I got the first day.

One thing i would like to know is surely if you have prepaid your tips then you don't need to tip for room service, I mean tips on top of the tips on top of tips etc etc

Regardless of the prepaid tips I always give the coffee man 2.00 a day. I think he is worthy of more - this is my morning routine and they are serving me! I look forward to my time out on the balcony while DH sleeps in. That pot is all mine ;) I order two so he has his when he wakes up....

The 1/2&1/2 comes in a large beverage glass with a cap on it. It was definately better than the little white containers of chemicals I got the first day.

Absolutely - makes the coffee go down easier, too. :p Sorry, not a fan of the room service coffee. The only place (for me) I could find palatable coffee was in the back of the Café Promenade.

We are taking a travel kettle and our own teabags and when i come back i will let you know how we got on !

Thanks Sparky

I sometimes think that Aussies and Poms live in a parallel universe when it comes to a good cup of tea.

I'll sum up the coffe in 1 word "SUCKS"!!!.....I always pack my 4 cup coffe maker that I keep in the box that I bought it in. It has a automatic shut off so I know it's safe.......RCCL needs to improve the whole coffee thing!!!

Well i have prepaid my tips so i don't intend on tipping again. Who and how royal carribean give the tips to is up to them but i am not paying twice.

Not trying to wind anyone up it is just my opinion

The tips that you prepay are for your room steward and for your dining room servers, not room service. It is certainly your decision to tip whomever you wish and whatever amount, but please do not try to rationalize that your regular tips (pre-paid or not) cover room service. They don't and never have.:rolleyes:

Archived