Any New Home Ports?

Gecko7

That would be along haul, not very much fun for one or two ports of call.

Gecko7;)

Then I guess we'll just have to request longer cruises. Darn. I think we could force ourselves to enjoy 10 days vs. seven. :D

We just paid $399 pp for airfare from Boston to Miami. This is crazy! I would love to be able to save a bit by having a cruise closer to home. Even if it is availble just one sailing a year.

There are cruises from Boston to Bermuda. I have been considering that. But we love the Caribbean so much.

That would be along haul, not very much fun for one or two ports of call.

Gecko7;)

That's the problem with the non-Gulf ports - it takes two days (at least) to get to the Caribbean ports of call.

We looked into Norfolk (our nearest port), which didn't offer much in terms of available cruises nor in destinations. So, we bucked up and are flying down to Port of Miami.

Points further north would be even worse off, unless they're going up north to the Maritimes.

Points further north would be even worse off, unless they're going up north to the Maritimes.

Carnival Miracle does an 8 day from New York that does San Juan, St Thomas and Tortola. I guess that extra day makes all the difference.

I vote Boston too!!! If 3 ports can be done by the Miracle (and previously the Legend) out of NYC on an 8 day, I don't see why it can't be done out of Boston. They could sail full speed ahead into the open ocean rather than having to sail slowly down the Hudson. Besides, does it really take the 7 or 8 hours they give you to go from Puerto Rico to St. Thomas??? Not even close. . .

All of our friends know we are going on our cruise Saturday and we are already planning to fly out to Salt Lake City, Utah this fall for another vacation. So we told them that we will be flying to Utah soon. 3 different people said- oh is that where you are leaving on your cruise from?? :confused: :D

All of our friends know we are going on our cruise Saturday and we are already planning to fly out to Salt Lake City, Utah this fall for another vacation. :confused: :D

So you are sailing on the Great Salt Lake?:D :rolleyes:

Gecko7:)

I vote Boston too!!! If 3 ports can be done by the Miracle (and previously the Legend) out of NYC on an 8 day, I don't see why it can't be done out of Boston. They could sail full speed ahead into the open ocean rather than having to sail slowly down the Hudson. Besides, does it really take the 7 or 8 hours they give you to go from Puerto Rico to St. Thomas??? Not even close. . .

Miracle and Legend have a faster cruising speed -- they were designed for this. I don't think Carnival is going to a move a Spirit class ship to a secondary homeport.

I vote CCL adding Boston to Bermuda. Only NCL does it now, and I don't get shareholder benefits with them.:rolleyes:

Boston to Caribbean would be great, too. I vote for that! They could easily enough add Bermuda and a Florida port or other southern port to break up the sea days. So what it it's 8 or 9 days? We wouldn't have to waste a day each way flying! (Pretty big population base up here in the Northeast...and we REALLY need to escape to the Caribbean by spring!)

We did a 7 day out of Philly to Bermuda. That was wonderful...pink beaches and all. It was a great 1st cruise. We've also done Baltimore to Canada/New England. I liked the Balitmore terminal. I thought it was very organized and easy to get in and out of.

NCL Boston to Bermuda is 7 days. Two full days at sea, plus two 1/2 days.
Sunday, leave Boston
Monday, at sea
Tuesday, arrive St. Georges, Bermuda 11:30 AM
Wed. Thurs: St. Georges
Friday: depart, 12 pm
Saturday: at sea
Sunday: dock in Boston, 8 AM

Not horrible, IMO. Probably cheaper than flights, hotel and meals for 3 days in Bermuda.
Wish Carnival (or Princess, Holland or others) would do it, too. More competition = lower prices, potentially.

Archived