Pictures of Oceanic's origional interiors

Does anybody have pictures or links to pictures of Home Line's Oceanic's origional interiors?

My grandparents were onboard her in the late 60's and their album has a great exterior shot and a few nice interiors, but they don't show the interiors very well.

marinearchit,

We have the famous "gold brochure" circa '65 or so

(anyway, it says all over it "conforming to the safety regulations of 1965, so it can't be too long after that).

Judging from the clothes and hairstyles on the model/passengers, these are the original interiors.

Email us, and we'll scan the brochure for you.

oceanic0.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Jon-

We just bought a huge lot of Oceanic memorabilia at an auction. There are lots of photo's of the ships construction and the artists renditions of her interiors.

We'd love to send you scans or copies............email us.......we lost our whole e-address book!

Stan & Jim

• 2 months later...

Still new to all this I worked on the Oceanic when they turned her into the Big Red Boat, alas there were only traces of her past I would love to see her in her glory days can you send me the pitures please?

Oh wow! I cant beleive i found this thread. My email is in my signature, Id LOVE to see ANYTHING (pics, postcards, menus stateroom shots, ETC) of the Oceanic. Also in my signature is the mention of my fond memories of going to see my Grandparents off when they sailed the Oceanic......now those were Bon Voyage parties!

I travelled twice on the Oceanic in the 1970's...the music to this voideo brought me back to dancing in the Italian Hall after dinner & then heading up to the disco til the wee hours of the A.M....pizza please!!!

I saw the Oceanic sail out ofNYC for the last time...I do not remember the year...but as she sailed unbder the Verrazano Narrows Bridge - she was stunning....I saw her last in Barcelona 2 years ago - still a striking ship...so much more beautiful than todays boxes.....funny - she is over 40 years old & her design does not give away her age...

thanks again...

I will have to dig hard and deep to find my Oceanic photos but, in the mean time, you may find this link amusing.

... Cal

• 7 months later...

Archived