Legend of the Seas

F858MM

I am doing this cruise July 7, 2009. I am booked and very eagerly waiting to go (I have lots of waiting to do!). Fred or anyone who has sailed this itinerary how was the excursion in Eygpt to see the pyramids and sphynix? Do they give you enough time to see things? Thanks

Go to the "meet and mingle" boards for Legend of the Seas and read some of the dialog between people on upcoming or just completed cruises. You will get a lot of great info. Also look at the Africa and European port boards and there is LOTS there about shore excursions in Egypt and elsewhere. It's a great resource because people talk about what they have done and what has worked and what hasn't. Catgirl has a super write up of her trip on Legend of the Seas Med cruise from last summer. If you can find her (not hard), then she can email it to you. Word of warning, this research is addicting!!!:D

Yes, I have a 31 page write up of my trip from last Sept.

It's part diary, part budget, and part history lesson. I also

have links of all the private guides that I used. If you

give me your email I'll send it to you.

Anita

I was on the Legend 3 years ago now, and had a good time! The ship was in good condition.

I really liked the 17 hole Mini Golf Course! (Was 18, but 1 hole removed for rock wall)

Buffet had an interesting set up with the Omelet station outside by the pool!

If I had the chance to go on her again, I would do it!

Anita

CAT Girl, would you mind sending me a copy of your review? We are sailing on Legends 7/10/2008. Thank you in advance.

Vinal

vdoody@bnncpa.com

We were on the same itinerary last Nov. as your upcoming cruise, Greece and E. Med. Legend of the Seas was in good shape, staff was great and food onboard was good. Arrived the day before in Rome and four of us arranged for our hotel ( http://www.hoteltraiano.com/index.phpvan) to pick us up with their van at airport and transfer us to Civitavecchia. Hotel was very reasonable, an older one but clean and included breakfast. Same hotel van (inc. with room price) got us to Legend the next day at around noon. We were on ship in about 10 or 15 minutes.

We did our own private tours in all ports. In Turkey and Egypt, our roll call group (13 people) arranged private tours to Ephesus and Cairo. Missed Cyprus because of bad weather. We did Rhodes (mostly on 2nd day because of missing Cyprus due to storm on 1st day there) and Mykonos by just walking around town on our own. In Athens we walk about 1/2 mile to subway terminus in Piraeus and took subway to Acropolis. In Naples we walked to train station, about a mile, and took Sorrento commuter train to Pompeii and toured those ruins on our own by using great information and map, available in many languages including English for free at the main gate (closest to and right of train station when exiting) information counter. Spent disembarkation day at Vatican and flew home the next day after spending night at Hilton Garden Inn at DaVinci airport.

I'm booked early for July 2009, but I'd love to read your full report/diary. I think the only difference in 2009 will be the Cyprus stop will now be Corfu, which I understand is better based on some things I've read about Cyrprus from last summer's cruises.

Thank you Cat Girl!

nance@aci.on.ca

:)

Anita

Anita, I am booked on the Legend for 6/15/08 Eastern Med/Egypt. If you have a chance, I would appreciate an e-mail of your review. I have done some research, but I'm always open to new info. TIA. My address is nrwilson01@yahoo.com

I am doing this cruise July 7, 2009. I am booked and very eagerly waiting to go (I have lots of waiting to do!). Fred or anyone who has sailed this itinerary how was the excursion in Eygpt to see the pyramids and sphynix? Do they give you enough time to see things? Thanks

We sailed Legend last summer to Italy/Greece/Egypt/Turkey/Cyprus and it was a fantastic trip. We did the "caravans in the sands" excursion which included the pyramids, etc, and a camel ride. We had a really good time but the Egypt day is really exhausting. It's a very long bus ride (>2 hours each way) and they are moving a mile a minute to get everything in. No, I wouldn't say we had enough time at some stops, but we only had one day to see everything. My suggestion would be to take a private tour or at least a tour that has fewer stops, so you can spend more time at your chosen sites.

I was on the Legend 3 years ago now, and had a good time! The ship was in good condition.

I really liked the 17 hole Mini Golf Course! (Was 18, but 1 hole removed for rock wall)

Actually, now it's down to 9. They completely refurbished the course, and made it smaller to make room for more lounge chairs.

Cat Girl, you already sent me your wonderful Med. review. It was a wonderful read and a gold mine of information. I have recommended it to others on my roll call. I seem to have lost your email address, but I have a question for you.

How far ahead did you book DeCastro Tours in Alexandria? We're not there till Nov. 2009 but I didn't know how far ahead to contact them. Did you have to pay anything beforehand to them? I'm wondering how that worked.

Thanks,

Wendy

WendyFrederick@juno.com

Cat Girl, you already sent me your wonderful Med. review. It was a wonderful read and a gold mine of information. I have recommended it to others on my roll call. I seem to have lost your email address, but I have a question for you.

How far ahead did you book DeCastro Tours in Alexandria? We're not there till Nov. 2009 but I didn't know how far ahead to contact them. Did you have to pay anything beforehand to them? I'm wondering how that worked.

Thanks,

Wendy

WendyFrederick@juno.com

Okay, my cruise was in Sept and I probably booked them in

June or July. They required a deposit down, which for me I think

was $115, but the thing is they want you to wire the money. The

money wire cost me $30 or $40 bucks! There was a little problem

when they said they didn't get the money but after some back

and forth they found the transfer. Even with the expense of

wiring the deposit I still felt the private tour was worth it compared

to the ship's tour. It was cheaper and it was only the two of us

in a van that could have seated 9 people. Also, I highly recommend

my guide so if you want to use her be sure to request her when

you make the reservation.

Thank You for your response. Yes, I intend to ask for the same lady guide that you had. I've read several other reviews and she is mentioned most often as being very good.

Thanks again for your help. You may hear again from me later as I'm sure I'll have many questions.:D

Thank You for your response. Yes, I intend to ask for the same lady guide that you had. I've read several other reviews and she is mentioned most often as being very good.

Thanks again for your help. You may hear again from me later as I'm sure I'll have many questions.:D

No problem! I hope I've helped.

Blambition and wbacklund---You've got mail.

Archived