Do You Wear the Same Outfit More Than Once?

Bilyeu5

On a 7 day cruise, do you ever wear the same outfit more than once to dinner? I'm trying to pack lighter than normal. Nothing to do with airline charges since we are driving to the pier. It's just that we are older and don't want to hassle with more than 1 large and 1 small suitcase each. I am honestly thinking of changing from traditional dining to anytime, just so we won't have the same tablemates and no one will know it's the same clothes. It seems from the various CC boards that a lot of people are obsessed with what other people are wearing.

I usually bring more than one top to wear with slacks or skirt for dinner. Even for formal nights, I usually bring two dressy tops for one long skirt. Most people are only going to see your top anyway -- as you're sitting at the dinner table. I do that for more casual nights too...two tops with each pair of slacks. Cuts down on the number of shoes also. Even though you are driving to port (as I often do) you don't want to be lugging more suitcases than you need. That's why they call if lug-gage!

Have fun!

On our last seven day trip I brought two black slacks, two white shirts, two ties and only one jacket. And didn't care if anyone noticed it was the same jacket.

I'm thinking of renting a tux on our ten day cruise only so I don't have to lug a suit with me...

We tend to cruise on longer ones like 10 or more days and you better believe I wear the same thing twice during the evenings. Even during the day I wear the same stuff. I would love to take my whole closet but we usually have to fly somewhere even if it is one way.

Marilyn

DW brings along items that she can mix and max and dress up. For me I wear the same old black tux but sometimes a different tie and cummerbund!

I do the mix and match thing too, but like you Frank my DH wears the same black suit, but with different shirts and ties. He also usually gets a couple wearings from each of his Dockers for smart casual evenings (if he is neat!)

Of course my daughter has to have a different outfit for morning, afternoon and evening.:rolleyes:

Thank goodness my son is low maintenance!

Absolutely! especially since we usually do a 10 day cruise. Last cruise was really nice because we had free laundry with our suite so I took even fewer clothes than usual. It was really nice not to have a huge suite case to lug in and out of the terminal.

I usually take a couple pairs of slacks, one pair of jeans (not for the dining room) and one formal dress that I wear with a jacket one night. It completely changes the look of the dress. I always take a top for each evening b/c sometimes I'm not that neat...

On a 7 day cruise, we usually bring with us about 4 or 5 days of casual clothing, 2-3 days for smart casual and one tuxedo, DW usually brings two evening gowns. On a 10 day we just add an extra day's worth of clothing. We usually do laundry at least once. I am sure no one has even notice I wore the same thing twice.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

On a 7 day cruise, do you ever wear the same outfit more than once to dinner?
Except for the tux (and for longer cruises I bring more than one) never...not even on my longest 17 day cruise.

Absolutely! I bring a couple of pair of slacks, and a few different shirts, and one formal night outfit/gown - no one knew that I had repeated! On our four day coming up - one formal night dress, one maybe two pair of slacks and a few shirts to mix and match. I am really going to try not to go overboard with packing this time. :rolleyes:

Except for the tux (and for longer cruises I bring more than one) never...not even on my longest 17 day cruise.

Agreed - never. But like the others that posted, I do bring black pants/crops that I can wear with other tops.

Personally I love clothes too much and ALWAYS overpack because it is hard for me to decide what to bring. I still take too much even though I get laundry services because I am elite! LOL! :)

Hi there,

What I like to do is bring a reversible vest for cooler climes or reversible jacket. Basic black slacks or skirt. Interchangeable tops. You can get a variety of looks keeping in a color grouping such as red, white and blue or other combos to your taste. Don't worry just enjoy :)

I think the cruise line should issue an "Outfit of the day." These would be cleaned after each wear by the line. Then everyone would be the same and there wouldn't be any angst about what to wear. There wouldn't be any arguments about "it's my vacation...." EVERYONE would comply because there wouldn't be a choice. Kinda like the NCL commercials.

We are only allowed 1 suitcase each weighing no more than 20 kg or 44 lbs and only 1 carry-on which has to contain a purse (if you bring one) and it can weigh no more than 5kg or 11 lbs.

The airline, Air Transat, has that restriction. Extra weight costs $10 per kg.

Our cruise is 12 days and I am considering eating dinner in the lido on formal nights as we do not want to take the extra clothing and shoes required.

It will be a real challange, this packing thing.

Of course we will repeat our clothing and I am sure people will think we actually sleep in our clothing. Of course that is not the case and we will wash them or send them to be cleaned as well.

I definitely will stuff my pockets too as there is no restriction on a person's weight - yet!

Absolutely I wear the same outfit more than once. Often more than twice. It's just another benefit of Anytime Dining...who knows? Even more important, if they do know, who cares? Granted, we cruise for longer periods of time - usually 14+ days; I can't imagine not doubling and tripling up on outfits.

I cruise to see things and do things and meet people. What clothes I wear and how often I wear them don't even factor into the experience at all.

I always mix and match, and still can't seem to pack light. :(

For a 7 day cruise, I don't think I have ever worn the same thing twice to dinner. But now for longer voyages, I really get creative with the mixing and matching. ;)

But with the airlines limiting luggage allowances now, I am sure this you will see a lot of passengers wearing the same thing several times. You can only take so much with one checked bag weighing 50#'s or less.

On a 7 day cruise, do you ever wear the same outfit more than once to dinner? I'm trying to pack lighter than normal. Nothing to do with airline charges since we are driving to the pier. It's just that we are older and don't want to hassle with more than 1 large and 1 small suitcase each. I am honestly thinking of changing from traditional dining to anytime, just so we won't have the same tablemates and no one will know it's the same clothes. It seems from the various CC boards that a lot of people are obsessed with what other people are wearing.

I never wear the same thing twice, evening or daytime. I even bring extra outfits in case my mood changes. For eveningwear, I prefer dresses, while during the day I mix and match. Each cruise, I only bring one large suitcase and one carryon. It's possible to pack everything you want. Lighter, thinner fabrics are the perfect solution.

I stick to one basic color (usually black) for pants and skirts, then take coordinating tops. For 14-15 day cruises that usually have 4 formal nights, I take black silk pants and 2 dressy tops, then wear each outfit twice. I take 3-4 pairs shoes and sandals, all black. Though I try to keep it simple, I usually still have 2 suitcases, as I don't do laundry nor will I trust the ship's laundry not to ruin my clothes. It's happened to us before.

As long as you're dressed appropriately, when you're actually on the cruise nobody pays attention to what you're wearing so of coarse its fine to wear something more than once. I might remember what our tablemates were wearing from one night to the next (and could care less unless it was really unappropriate) but never what they wore say on night 3 compared to night 7. Besides, unless they are people traveling with you, you will likely never see them again so why care what they think.

Yes, we both wear some of our clothing more than once. And with the new baggage restrictions I have no doubt that on our 10 night cruise with an additional 3 nights precruise coming up next Feb 09 we will be doing even more wearing of clothing more than once :)

The other advantage to taking less with you, is that it is easier to pack when its time to come home :)

Archived